Terry could be out for months

• Thread starter Thread starter sunilvk7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 49
  • Views Views 2K
Van Aanholt will not play of CB, he's not even made a sub appearance in a Prem game yet :S

Yer Van Aanholt made a few appearences last season mate, i know he wont play their but he does play at centre back at times.

Obviously bad news for Chelsea, when you don't have your best 2 centre backs there are bound to be problems.

Essien could partner Ivanovic when back from supension. It's the only option really, and hope he stays fit.
If we have another injury in any area, as specially defence/keeper we're seriously ******, to say the least.

Saying this, I believe we can cope as we currently are. We have very versatile players, as shown last season, and have the winning mentality.

Essien has played at centre back before i remember the game Cech came back against Liverpool when we lost 2-0. I think if fit it should be Bruma partnering Ivanovic.

hmm, I'm going to the Zilina game, and I'm really wondering how on earth Carlo will play that? Will he go full-strength, or really really reserve defence?

hmm, I'm going to the Zilina game, and I'm really wondering how on earth Carlo will play that? Will he go full-strength, or really really reserve defence?

I think it will be abit 50/50. Cech, Ferriera, Van Aanholt, Ivanovic, Bruma, Mikel, Essien, Ramires, Kalou, Anelka and Drogba. Just a guess lol.

Alex being out for so long I'm worried about...
Terry, on the other hand, I don't know if its just me who's noticed, but he's phucking useless! He has no pace, and he can't cope without someone else of sufficient quality to carry him, especially if the opposing strikers are quick. Been hoping for a new centre back to replace him for about a year and a half - hopefully Bruma will step in and be decent, if not, then we should buy someone - Gary Cahill would be a realistic enough target, and I know he plays for our rivals, but Brede Hangeland would be good too.

Terry, on the other hand, I don't know if its just me who's noticed, but he's phucking useless! He has no pace, and he can't cope without someone else of sufficient quality to carry him, especially if the opposing strikers are quick. Been hoping for a new centre back to replace him for about a year and a half - hopefully Bruma will step in and be decent, if not, then we should buy someone - Gary Cahill would be a realistic enough target, and I know he plays for our rivals, but Brede Hangeland would be good too.

You could sign any defender in the world, but they will never replace Terry in your starting XI. He's your captain and he's Mr.Chelsea. I agree that his defensive partner always seems to carry him, but he won't get dropped by any Chelsea manager until he's too old to play.

I agree Terry does get carried by his defensive partner quite abit. It happened when Carvalho was his main partner and it happens now with Alex but he is still a great player and captain fantastic.

John Terry is not useless at all, he is arguably the best leader in the world and his airial ability is sensational. He has played with Gallas, Carvalho, Alex and now Ivanovic and has formed a solid partnership with them all.

I agree that any injury, especially one as serious as this, is never funny.

However, finally Terry will be out the squad. When I play FM, I always drop Terry and Lampard from the England squad. Works better that way =p

What a blessing for United, we really need to stop the draws now and get winning whilst Chelsea are stuck in the mud. Petr Cech is going to have to keep up his form for Chelsea. Isn't Lampard also out for a month?

What a blessing for United, we really need to stop the draws now and get winning whilst Chelsea are stuck in the mud. Petr Cech is going to have to keep up his form for Chelsea. Isn't Lampard also out for a month?

Lamps should be back start-mid of December mate.

John Terry is not useless at all, he is arguably the best leader in the world and his airial ability is sensational. He has played with Gallas, Carvalho, Alex and now Ivanovic and has formed a solid partnership with them all.

Nowhere near the best leader in the world, his aerial ability isn't as good as has been said, and he's been carried by his defensive partner in all of those "solid" partnerships. Terry is massively overrated - captain or otherwise, I'd rather see Alex & Ivanovic form a partnership and Terry stick to the bench to be honest. He's not the player he once was.

Nowhere near the best leader in the world, his aerial ability isn't as good as has been said, and he's been carried by his defensive partner in all of those "solid" partnerships. Terry is massively overrated - captain or otherwise, I'd rather see Alex & Ivanovic form a partnership and Terry stick to the bench to be honest. He's not the player he once was.

Honestly you watch a game and Terry will win 90% of his headers every game. If he has been great with every partnership he has had they maybie the possibility is that he is actually the better player?? His positioning is excellent, yes he makes alot of slide tackles but thats becuase he is not blessed with any pace. How you can say he is poor is just beyond me, the man is an absolute legend and im sure when he passes away their might be a statue of him standing next to Osgood.

Honestly you watch a game and Terry will win 90% of his headers every game. If he has been great with every partnership he has had they maybie the possibility is that he is actually the better player?? His positioning is excellent, yes he makes alot of slide tackles but thats becuase he is not blessed with any pace. How you can say he is poor is just beyond me, the man is an absolute legend and im sure when he passes away their might be a statue of him standing next to Osgood.
his positioning isnt excellent, if it was, he wouldnt need to make so many slide tackles. maldini was a perfect example of supreme positioning covering for lack of pace. aerially he is immense, but he isnt the player he used to be. still more than a match for most though

He may not be one of the best cb in my eyes but he is certainly one of the best leaders in football and tbh this was always going to happen when chelsea never replaced carvalho who i thought was their best cb. Unlucky on chelsea but the day just gets better for united

his positioning isnt excellent, if it was, he wouldnt need to make so many slide tackles. maldini was a perfect example of supreme positioning covering for lack of pace. aerially he is immense, but he isnt the player he used to be. still more than a match for most though

I mean as in backs against the wall stuff, not counter attacks. His form this season and the back end of last season has arguably been near to his best.

Terry or Ferdinand aren't the players they used to be. Yes, Terry is fantastic leader but when he played with Carvalho, I would always think what a player Carvalho is. Really not replacing Carvalho was a huge mistake. I would take Ricky any day over Terry or Ferdinand.

And I think if he wasn't English he probably wouldn't be starting for Chelsea now. Most of the challenges he wins are by fouling players that refs don't see.

Back