LennySUFC

Reaction score
Updated for 14.2.2

Testers Needed, Download Link at the Bottom!

Behind the Tactic

This is my first tactic i am releasing into the wild. On FM13, I created a 4-1-4-1 in which i got Peterborough promoted (Media Prediction 24th) in the first season. When creating this tactic, I used the 4-1-4-1 idea, but pushed the DM and the two wingers up one position to become a better attacking unit at the expense of some defensive strength. Although the opposition sometimes create a few CCC, they rarely out score me.

Changes with 14.2.2
Since the update i found the tactic to be vulnerable to counter attack and conceding CCC. As a result i have dropped the BWM to a DM/BWM in order to protect the CB. I removed the B2B and changed to a DLP in hope of creating more CCC

The Tactic

View attachment 432102

The only two signings i have made are Gary Gardner on loan, as well as Jesse Lingard who have both been outstanding for me

Results&League Table

View attachment 432594View attachment 432101View attachment 432100

As you can see, the results have been fairly promising, scoring lots of goals, and rarely conceding at most 2 goals. The league position is good especially as media prediction had be lowish mid table.

Results

View attachment 432592View attachment 432591View attachment 432590View attachment 432380View attachment 432099

Outstanding Result

View attachment 432589View attachment 432588View attachment 432587

Training - PreSeason, High Tactics - Tactics
During Season - Tactics (Balanced once fluid) and Def Positioning
OI - Leave to assistant
Set Pieces - I use Jassar set pieces, work well for me

I appreciate constructive criticism, please remember this is my first so don't be too harsh on me! Screen Shots more than welcome!

Please can you submit screen shots so i can see what works well and what isn't

Thanks in advance guys,
LennySUFC​

Last edited:
Looks promising, dont have a save to try it on! But charlton werent predicted a high position were they? End of season SSs?

One thing, You are using inside forwards, but You use left footed player for left IF and right footed for right IF, why?

Looks promising, dont have a save to try it on! But charlton werent predicted a high position were they? End of season SSs?

I haven't had a chance to play much more, but will post SS when i finish it

One thing, You are using inside forwards, but You use left footed player for left IF and right footed for right IF, why?

I had injuries and then had to use it with Harriott on the left who has done brilliantly so i didn't think to alter what was a winning side, but will look into swapping and seeing how it effects the results

View attachment 432487

Im not saying its a bad thing, just asking. If its working, its working.

Well championship isn't exactly a very good testing league. Its easily dominated IMO. But good job nevertheless!

Now about the tactics, the IF are set to support, that means they rarely go inside the box, usually just trying to make a pass to lone striker, but they cooperate very well with WB who runs near the lines looking for a good cross. Only thing that bothers me is lack of players actually in the box. Sometimes the right CM will get in to the box, but its a rare sight. Also in the defensive, You could rly use a DM. The two CB are easily beaten with a counter when You lose the ball in midfield.

Well championship isn't exactly a very good testing league. Its easily dominated IMO. But good job nevertheless!

Now about the tactics, the IF are set to support, that means they rarely go inside the box, usually just trying to make a pass to lone striker, but they cooperate very well with WB who runs near the lines looking for a good cross. Only thing that bothers me is lack of players actually in the box. Sometimes the right CM will get in to the box, but its a rare sight. Also in the defensive, You could rly use a DM. The two CB are easily beaten with a counter when You lose the ball in midfield.

I will look into employing a DM player and see how this affects the results. As for players getting into the box, i have noticed this, but i seem to score a minimum of 2-3 goals per game, so although they don't crowd the box, something is working.

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it ;)

give it a go with liverpool. having a nightmare with liverpool

tryed 2 or 3 tactics of my own no luck u could save my football manager 2014 just cant get it right not happy:(

tryed 2 or 3 tactics of my own no luck u could save my football manager 2014 just cant get it right not happy:(

Attached is the update, i'm still tweaking with it but it's better defensively and seems to be better at creating chances

Hi, Lenny. Playing as Bloem Celtic in South Africa. Mediapredicted 11th. Now im sitting 2nd, behind on goaldifference.
8 games into my test:
Bloem - Sundowns 4-2
Bloem - Ajax CT 1-2
Maritzburg Utd - Bloem 2-2
Bloem - Golden Arrows 2-1
Amazulu - Bloem 1-5
Bloem - Wits 2-1
Bloem - United FC 2-3
Jomo Cosmos - Bloem 1-3 (Fluid, and correct training)