Thanks for playing the FM2010 Demo - Middlesbrough

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
Well I got this message today, thought I would get it sooner but been busy and just got to the 24th game.

Started with Middlesbrough, as per usual.

Sold:

Mohammed Shawky (£325k) - Ipswich
Jonathan Grounds (£1m) - QPR
Chris Riggott (£1.5m) - Coventry
Andrew Taylor (£2.9m) - Wigan

and let Joe Bennett (Darlo), Seb Hines (Tranmere) and Nathan Poritt (Bury) go out on loans.

Bought:

John Sutton (£40k) - Motherwell
Rodney Sneijder (Loan) - Ajax
Marlon Harewood (Loan) - Villa
Mark Viduka (Free)
Lloyd Doyley (£725k) - Watford
Aron Gunnarrson (£2.2m) - Coventry
Asmir Begovic - (£1.1m) - Portsmouth

and Sean St.Ledger was already there on loan (£3.5m deal went through just before demo closed).

League table wise, I played 24 games and drew 4, lost 2 and won 18. Topping the Championship with 58pts (7 ahead of Forest and 14 ahead of WBA - 19 above Newcastle).

League Cup wise I was knocked out after an awful game against League 1 Millwall. Fa Cup wise I drew v Sheff Utd and was about to play a replay.

My top scorer was John Sutton with 16 and top assister was Gary Oneill, with 12.

I usually deployed a 4-4-2 with a DMC and 2 strikers. Bergovic eventually got the first team place from Brad Jones. After Taylor left, Poggy became first choice LB with Wheater and St Ledger in the middle. McMahon and Hoyte alternated on the right really. O'Neill was at RW. Sometimes if struggling I swapped it and he went to AMC where he was also effective. Digard and Gunnarrson were an impressive midfield partnership, both can score and defend. Johnson was obvious first choice LW, had about 10 assists.

Sutton (16 in 15) and Harewood (6 in 9) seemed to be the goalscorers, this is why they were first choice most of the time.

Anyway, really looking forward to the full game now and carrying on to get back in the EPL :)

You've done really well mate hope you get promotion to the EPL :)

I was going great guns with Boro until the Demo ended. I was about 8 points clear at the top,we were scoring for fun,Gary O'neil had scored an amazing 18 goals from the AM position and Lita had 15 as the lone poacher.I cant wait until next Friday.

I was going great guns with Boro until the Demo ended. I was about 8 points clear at the top,we were scoring for fun,Gary O'neil had scored an amazing 18 goals from the AM position and Lita had 15 as the lone poacher.I cant wait until next Friday.
Nice, it seems the AM position works a lot better than last year

I've found that the AM position is working well this year. Getting lots of goals from there. Also getting lots of goals from ML and MR. Seen some crazy long shots go in.

Good Luck James. You going to continue this game or start a fresh?

Cheers Kris, will probably continue this game just to make sure I get up, then see what happens.

Wasn't too bad to be honest. Wheater was better though, was top rated (consistently played) player.

Cheers Kris, will probably continue this game just to make sure I get up, then see what happens.

Thought i would ask because the game usually changed quite allot from demo to official release. That's why i just mess about on the demo.

The demo is pretty much the same game that will be out on Friday. Although I do know there is going to be a patch on release day.

The demo is pretty much the same game that will be out on Friday. Although I do know there is going to be a patch on release day.

What, what will it contain diiferent?

What, what will it contain diiferent?

Apparently (I haven't actually checked myself) but Stephen Carr is missing from the game. I think that is the main reason. It won't be a big patch. Probably just that fix and maybe a few other minor things.

Now back on topic everyone. No more patch discussion as this is Redders' thread. I was simply commenting about how the game is going to be the same so he would be able to carry on without noticing much difference.

Ok, good signings Redders, nice to see you keep this up for full game :)

in my boro game i loaned in gosling and he is a leading star and he's on £0 wages:)

In the real gameyou should sign Kevin Thomson, he's 1.5 m and great.

PS has anyone ssen this team before

In That case i might just play the demo then.