That player your club were linked with...

Lets see,C. Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Raul, Tresuget, Van Nistlerooy, David Villa to name just a few.
Even worse than this we signed 2 good players past their prime who were ok but could have gotten them in their prime. Yes im talking about Gary McAllister and Jari Litmanen. :(

McAllister was one of if not the most important player of the treble winning season?

Out of Torres during the 06 WC, David Silva during 08 Euros or David Villa last year.

Gabby Agbonolahor, Kenwyne Jones, Scott Carson, Cameron Jerome, Paul Robinson, Eric Cantona, Kris Boyd

As a Fulham fan we were linked with Fernando Llorente before he was big and more recently Djibril Cisse. And at one point Pavlyuchenko before he started playing well.

McAllister was one of if not the most important player of the treble winning season?

As Ride the Walrus said.i beleive he could have been gotten much earlier than he was and could have made more of an impact over a longer period of time.

Gateshead - Adam Boyd <3
Chelsea - Daniel Alves

its funny how everyone is saying torres, villa and silva and you say grant holt <):wub:

What's so funny? XD I wish we had signed him! We were favourites to sign him at one point!

Lambert and Holt upfront would of been magical!

Chelsea were really close to signing Matt Le Tissier in him pomp. He would have been immense in our side with the likes of Zola, Wise Di Matteo etc.

Frank Lampard....seriously.

Ronaldo(original), Ronaldinho(when at PSG), but TBH, I think Newcastle have been linked with everyone at some point. I believe we were linked recently with Drogba...

The lists endless. Robbie Keane, Shay Given, Michael Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Miroslav Klose, Emile Heskey, David Beckham, Thierry Henry and that was just in January. We did get Yak, Kamara and Naughton so I'm not complaining.

Frank Lampard....seriously.

Ronaldo(original), Ronaldinho(when at PSG), but TBH, I think Newcastle have been linked with everyone at some point. I believe we were linked recently with Drogba...

We were linked with Drogba before he went to Chelsea too, when it was a more feasible move. Also Zidane, we weren't linked to him, but he was offered to Keegan for a couple of million.

I think Argyle once turned down the chance to buy Charlie Adam and instead got Alan Gow.. :S