The £10 to £10000 Challenge.

prow07

Reaction score
Okay, so I saw this facebook page about betting, and they had a nice challenge on. It was called the £10 to £10000 challenge, but I've done it with a fiver instead. Choose whatever amount you want. If you're gonna do it, feel free to let everyone know how you're getting on. Here's how it works:

Start with £10 in a pot and put a 1.1 or 1/10 bet on daily. It should take 73 days to reach £10,000. No strict rules except you should use your full stake every day! Which means the £10 you started with then all accumulated winings added to the pot every day, which you then stake on the next 1/10 then the next and so on...If you start with £10 just bet purely on 1/10's.. these are your winnings...
10 wins: £25.93
20 wins : £67.25
30 wins : £174
40 wins : £452.23
50 wins : £1173.58
60 wins : £3044.48
70 wins : £7896.16
After your final 3 bets you will win the grand total of £10509.80!

I started by putting a fiver on Ana Ivanovic to beat Michaella Krajicec in the Australian Open @1/10.
Good Luck :wub:
My Bets so far:
1 - Ana Ivanovic - £5 @1/10 - Won £5.50
2 - Kim Clijsters - @1/10 - Won £6.05
3 - Paris St Germain @2/13 - Won £6.98
4 - Roger Federer @ 1/10 - Won £7.68
5 - Real Madrid @2/11 - Won £9.08
6 - Ghana @2/7 - Won £11.67
7 - Djokovic @1/9 - Won £12.97
8 - The Bryan Brothers @1/6 - Won £15.13
9 - Ivory Coast (Live Bet 1-0 up) @1/10 - Won £16.64
10 - Tottenham DNB @1/7 - Won £19.02
11 - Real Madrid over 1.5 @1/10 - Won £20.92
12 - AC Milan @2/7 - Won £26.90
13 - Ivory Coast or Draw @1.07 - Won £22.55 + the 6 quid that I forgot to put on = £28.55

Last edited:
Clijsters won too.

I'm in.

So far:

Day 1 - Gael Monfils - £10 @1/10 - LOST
Game over.

Last edited:
You're seriously putting a bet on in which you win £1? WTF.

Lol I recon I will get to about 5 days before I lose :p

Anyway: Day one - David Ferrer @ 1/10 - £10

You're seriously putting a bet on in which you win £1? WTF.

As you accumulate money over time, the winnings also increase.

Although, personally, I think it might be quite funny, so doing it until I lose a bet, rather than for the winnings.

Won't it suck *** when you bet 9000 and lose ? :)

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea, but i would kill myself if that happened

Won't it suck *** when you bet 9000 and lose ? :)

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea, but i would kill myself if that happened

I suppose, you can look at it as 'I only lost a tenner' really, but still.. :p I think I would have withdrawn my money before 9k! :p If I got mine to 1k I think I would be like OM NOM NOM!

Haha same I'm doing it for the experiment really... nothing ventured, nothing gained eh? ...and I work for a bank XD

this could be interesting just put my first one on neil robertson to get to four frames before mark williams 1-8, quick qeustion we posting our bet everyday or just updating every couple?

In my experience at least 1 1/10 a week ***** up. I use them regualrly to beef up accumulators, and they can go wrong sometimes.

If you see a 1/10 but don't have at least a basic knowledge of the sport or the competitors, ie recent form, playing conditions etc, my advice would be not to place the bet. Handball, volleyball, etc etc look nice when you see that one side is massive favourite to win, but how can a UK based betting site have an intimate knowledge of a largely amateur european sport?

I shall take part though, nice thread.

yeah bets in up to £11.25 masters snooker will be decent to bet on might stick the rest on robertson to win match hmmmm

In my experience at least 1 1/10 a week ***** up. I use them regualrly to beef up accumulators, and they can go wrong sometimes.

If you see a 1/10 but don't have at least a basic knowledge of the sport or the competitors, ie recent form, playing conditions etc, my advice would be not to place the bet. Handball, volleyball, etc etc look nice when you see that one side is massive favourite to win, but how can a UK based betting site have an intimate knowledge of a largely amateur european sport?

I shall take part though, nice thread.

I imagine mine will be confined to Football/Cricket/Tennis and Boxing.

It's a bit like this guy: ‘Dead cert’ punter’s 23 winners on the trot | The Sun |News

But obviously on a lower scale. It's only a tenner, so it could be quite fun.. unless I lose it in tonights tennis lol!

Day one - David Ferrer @ 1/10 - £10 - Won
Day two - Roger Federer @ 1/10 - £11

Love this idea. Used to do it on pesfan but you started with £10,£20 or £50 and it was so many bets to a grand. YOu only betted on there being a goal in a match. Usually on betfair think they're one of the only sites that let you put in on 1 goal or more.

I'm in anyway start with a tenner see how she goes!

Day one - David Ferrer @ 1/10 - £10 - Won
Day two - Roger Federer @ 1/10 - £11 - Won
Day three
- Rafael Nadal @ 2/9 - £12.10 - Open