'The 4231 Discussion Thread'

corofin2k12

Reaction score
i am tryin to start a thread bout this tactic so people get ur ideas in here if u have any this tactic is so popular it could help people to create this tactic on there own with ideas instead of just downloadin ready made 1 cheers

Last edited:
i am tryin to start a thread bout this tactic so people get ur ideas in here if u have any this tactic is so popular it could help people to create this tactic on there own with ideas instead of just downloadin ready made 1 cheers

shouldnt the thread be renamed 'The 4231 Discussion Thread' then? not exactly going to attract people with the current name

true can ya change the name

you have too being the thread creator, click edit post on the 1st post, i think theres an option to change it,if not click advanced then you should be able to change it there

When starting a thread like this, the Opening post sets the standard. If you want this to be a great discussion rather than people just linking us towards downloads, then its crucial that the OP contains some examples of what one should expect to see in the thread. Perhaps some if your ideas about the pros and cons of using a 4231, what one could expect of the formation and how the flow often looks like, some screens of the formation just for cosmetics.

Cheers

I'm actually trying to make a 4-2-3-1 with Real Sociedad. I'm trying to play one touch, quit direct, passing with a lot of movement. It's working well at the moment as I'm 2nd in the league and just went through the CL's group.
There are my results and the tactic:

I only bought Strandberg, Angel Rangel and Afellay.

If anyone has tips, advice or anything to make the tactic better, it will be appreciated.

I'm actually trying to make a 4-2-3-1 with Real Sociedad. I'm trying to play one touch, quit direct, passing with a lot of movement. It's working well at the moment as I'm 2nd in the league and just went through the CL's group.
There are my results and the tactic:

I only bought Strandberg, Angel Rangel and Afellay.

If anyone has tips, advice or anything to make the tactic better, it will be appreciated.

Looks good mate. 1 thing is that you must be the 1st person I've seen use Strandberg in a midfield role

Maybe with u playing direct and counter football you could try changing the following

Slower tempo
Deeper defensive line
Stand off the opponent
Stick to position

These are all ideal for counter attacking systems

Could also change the creature freedom to more disciplined

Keep most players on little creative freedom and just have the 2 or 3 players who have the ability to cause the oppositions defence problems with high creative freedom to help unlock tight defences

Last edited:
Strandberg is great in that role! It's the first time I try him in midfield.
I want direct football, off course, but I don't want to be over dominated. So what you said isn't what I need in my opinion. Sorry. But I'll tried it to see what it does.

Strandberg is great in that role! It's the first time I try him in midfield.
I want direct football, off course, but I don't want to be over dominated. So what you said isn't what I need in my opinion. Sorry. But I'll tried it to see what it does.

Well all you got to think is that you can't counter a team that your pressing and pushing high up the pitch can you, it all starts from deep in your half

I made a 4-2-3-1 with Anji and results are good at the moment. Advanced Playmaker in Attacking mid and Poacher in Strike seem to work well in a fast, attacking 4-2-3-1. (:

I can't get this tactic to work with my Milan team... Tried a lot 4-2-3-1 tactics from here but no success :( I really want to use El Sharaawy as an IF because he's a beast on that position, but the thing is my team doesn't defend well and for some reason I can't get the best out of Balo :(

I can't get this tactic to work with my Milan team... Tried a lot 4-2-3-1 tactics from here but no success :( I really want to use El Sharaawy as an IF because he's a beast on that position, but the thing is my team doesn't defend well and for some reason I can't get the best out of Balo :(

which tactic?

Yes it is.

If you look down on the OP, the 4-2-3-1 is called I.M.Possible.

my bad, didnt go all the way down mate sorry :P

to be fair its just the rock tactic with players positions just moved really

Back