'The 4231 Discussion Thread'

have you made your own or using a user created 1?

upload a screenshot of formation and team instructions

To be honest, I'm not that good in creating tactics. I really wanna use 4-2-3-1, because Milan players are suited for that formation. Now that you mentioned it maybe i should try something like this:

---------------Abiatti----------------
---Abate--Mexes---Zapata---De Sciglio
-----------De Jong--Poli--------------
---Niang---Montolivo---El Sharaawy
-------------Balotelli----------

Maybe to try and use deep defensive line, De Jong as a BWM to defend, Poli as a B2B to support, Niang and El Sha as IFs and I'm not sure what to do with Balo though. Play him as a poacher or CF?

To be honest, I'm not that good in creating tactics. I really wanna use 4-2-3-1, because Milan players are suited for that formation. Now that you mentioned it maybe i should try something like this:

---------------Abiatti----------------
---Abate--Mexes---Zapata---De Sciglio
-----------De Jong--Poli--------------
---Niang---Montolivo---El Sharaawy
-------------Balotelli----------

Maybe to try and use deep defensive line, De Jong as a BWM to defend, Poli as a B2B to support, Niang and El Sha as IFs and I'm not sure what to do with Balo though. Play him as a poacher or CF?

how are u wanting your team to play mate? possession, counter?

Maybe it would be good to play possession because of the deep defensive line. Montolivo as an AP with support duty is an absolute beast, I just need to get Balo scoring more.

Maybe it would be good to play possession because of the deep defensive line. Montolivo as an AP with support duty is an absolute beast, I just need to get Balo scoring more.

i think u need to change your def line completely if u want to play possession football mate

try changing these;

short passing
High def line
play wide
slow tempo
high pressing
hard tackling

i think u need to change your def line completely if u want to play possession football mate

try changing these;

short passing
High def line
play wide
slow tempo
high pressing
hard tackling

Will try that tonight! Thanks for the tips mate!

Looked at your thread mate and your tactic seems very impressive, it's very similar to 1 I've made also for Roma, good work mate
Thanks mate it's working wonders for me I spent a lot of time doing the op and beat Barca away and undefeated in the league but know ones trying it, it's not getting the recognision it deserves :(

I'm actually trying to make a 4-2-3-1 with Real Sociedad. I'm trying to play one touch, quit direct, passing with a lot of movement. It's working well at the moment as I'm 2nd in the league and just went through the CL's group.
There are my results and the tactic:

I only bought Strandberg, Angel Rangel and Afellay.

If anyone has tips, advice or anything to make the tactic better, it will be appreciated.
It looks great mate! The shape is very similar to mine, you could read a few things from mine if you want it might help :) http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...5-league-goals-scored-80-goal-difference.html

I can't get this tactic to work with my Milan team... Tried a lot 4-2-3-1 tactics from here but no success :( I really want to use El Sharaawy as an IF because he's a beast on that position, but the thing is my team doesn't defend well and for some reason I can't get the best out of Balo :(
Try mine mate in my Roma team I have El Shaa and De Scilio from Milan and they both have ratings over 8! Also El Shaa is on IF Attack what you wanted. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...5-league-goals-scored-80-goal-difference.html

Thanks mate it's working wonders for me I spent a lot of time doing the op and beat Barca away and undefeated in the league but know ones trying it, it's not getting the recognision it deserves :(

alot of tactics dont mate, alot of people on here expect to use it 1st game and win 10-0 straight away, instead they maybe lose 1-0 or draw etc...and then just assume its rubbish and dont use it anymore, no1 gives tactic time to work anymore.

alot of tactics dont mate, alot of people on here expect to use it 1st game and win 10-0 straight away, instead they maybe lose 1-0 or draw etc...and then just assume its rubbish and dont use it anymore, no1 gives tactic time to work anymore.
I know :(

Try mine mate in my Roma team I have El Shaa and De Scilio from Milan and they both have ratings over 8! Also El Shaa is on IF Attack what you wanted. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...5-league-goals-scored-80-goal-difference.html

Will give it a try! Didn't really see it around. I don't expect to win every single match of course, and I know that I need to wait till players get used to new formation, but so far using 4-2-3-1 tactic only and always resulted in me getting fired :D

Will give it a try! Didn't really see it around. I don't expect to win every single match of course, and I know that I need to wait till players get used to new formation, but so far using 4-2-3-1 tactic only and always resulted in me getting fired :D
cheers bro much appreciated can you post your results on my thread and give it at least half a season mate

cheers bro much appreciated can you post your results on my thread and give it at least half a season mate

Will do! I'll give it half a season, maybe full season and will post screen shots with results :)

Will do! I'll give it half a season, maybe full season and will post screen shots with results :)
Thanks mate wish there was more people like you hopefully it will repay you with results, use def pos as match focus and I'm currently testing with Real Sociedad ill keep you posted with results

Thanks mate wish there was more people like you hopefully it will repay you with results, use def pos as match focus and I'm currently testing with Real Sociedad ill keep you posted with results

Should I play Balo as a poacher or? What would you suggest?

Back