gregprude

Reaction score
View attachment 944431
The 50-Year Experiment

View attachment 228674

Welcome to the 50-Year Experiment on Football Manager 2015. The goal of this project is to create the most successful club in all major competitions: the Barclays Premier League, the Capitol One Cup, the FA Cup, and most importantly: the UEFA Champions League. I have chosen Everton for this project because they deserve it. They have done an amazing job at building a great team with limited funds, so now we will see what they can do will 100's of millions of pounds. Now you are probably asking "How are you going to do 50 seasons before FM16's release later this year?" Well, great question. I will not be managing the club, I will just be supplying the club with funds every season. I will also be telling the stories in a unique and fun way that I hope you guys will enjoy. I will also be doing yearly updates, I will not go through every month like most threads. Without further ado, let's get started.....​

Bill Kenwright

View attachment 944458
BILL KENWRIGHT LOOKING TO

STEP ASIDE

View attachment 228668

Everton Football Club announced on their official Twitter account that club chairman, Bill Kenwright, will be stepping down and looking for a new owner/chairman for the club. Kenwright said "the club cannot go any further with myself as the chairman. They need someone with deeper pockets and higher ambitions." Kenwright has held the position as chairman since June 1, 2004. Sources from inside Everton are saying that Kenwright is stepping down due to the club's failure to qualify for the UEFA Champions League last term. There has been reported interest for the chairman seat by Richard Branson: the founder of Virgin Group, Phil Knight: the founder of Nike, and Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal: a member of the Saudi Arabian royal family. All three of the rumored candidates are worth billions of pounds. We will update you with news as this story develops...

Last edited:
New Man in Town

View attachment 944459

NEW MAN IN TOWN

View attachment 228667
Sky Sports News Anchor: "Good morning, it’s Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 and we have some breaking news to share with you, Bill Kenwright has officially sold Everton Football Club to a Saudi Arabian royal billionaire Price Alwaleed Bin Tala. The offer was one that Kenwright couldn't refuse, worth a reported £400M, which is more than triple the club's current value. Everton representatives have said a press conference will be held within the next few hours, which the club's new owner is expected to attend. We will keep you updated on this breaking news as the story develops."

View attachment 944463

Bryan Doogan (Head of Media): “Good afternoon, I know you all have many questions but I’ll ask you to hold them until the end of the press conference. Now, on behalf of everyone at the club I’d like to welcome our new owner and chairman, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal

View attachment 228666
Owner, Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal: “Hello everyone, I am very pleased to be sitting here today as the new owner of this amazing club. With that being said, let's get down to business. After seeing what the likes of City Football Group and Qatar Investment Group were able to do with their respective clubs, I was inspired to do the same. I settled on placing a bid for Liverpool side Everton. I plan on investing millions of pounds into the club starting today. I am also looking to emulate clubs like Barcelona, Ajax, and Southampton, who all have world-renowned youth systems. We will not just be buying all the best players in the world, we will be developing them here at Everton. We have the utmost confidence that this philosophy will help lead this club to the top of the world! I will now answer a few questions.”

BBC Sports Reporter: How much money will you be investing into the club this season?

Alwaleed Bin Talal: "Well, I will have to sit down with my financial advisors and board members to decide how much money to pump into the club this season. But you can expect it to be a lot of it!"

ESPN FC Reporter: Will you be keeping on current manager Roberto Martinez? What will happen with the remainder of the staff and board?

Alwaleed Bin Talal: "Great question. Roberto Martinez will remain on staff as head manager of Everton. He and all his current staff members will be given a chance to prove themselves this season. As far as the board concerns, I will be bringing in all new board members for the club."

SkySports Reporter: Will you be looking in to improve the club's training and youth facilities in the near future? Will you be building a new stadium for the club?

Alwaleed Bin Talal: "The number one priority is building a new stadium and new facilities. Goodison Park is outdated and everyone knows it. The problem the previous regime had was that they couldn't find funding for the project. Well, with me as the new owner and chairman at Everton, I am the funding.."

Bryan Doogan: “That’s all the time we have today for questions, thank you guys for coming out .”

Walton Park

View attachment 944466

EVERTON FC ANNOUNCE

STADIUM PLANS

View attachment 228665

Above you see the future home of Everton, Walton Park Stadium. The stadium will be in Walton Hall Park, less than a mile from Goodison Park. The deal comes as somewhat of a surprise as former chairman, Bill Kenwright, was not able to get a new stadium for the club after many failed attempts. It is an attractive idea to the city of Liverpool because new Saudi Arabian owner Alwaleed Bin Talal will fund the £450M project all out of his own pocket. The new deal will also bring a huge new influx of jobs to the city which is desperately needed at the moment.

Year 1

View attachment 944469

EVERTON FC - YEAR 1 REVIEW

View attachment 228664
TRANSFERS

View attachment 228663
View attachment 228662
Summary: Roberto Martinez brought in the likes of Memphis Depay, Jackson Martinez, Bernard, Axel Witsel, Lars Bender, and Michael Bradley. Those six players alone cost us a total of £77M. Those moves are high risk, high reward. If you don't qualify for Europe with a team like that... you deserve to get sacked. Martinez loaned out young players like Luke Garbutt and Brendan Galloway. He sold GK Joel Robles to Southampton for 500K.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 228661
Summary: The squad looked promising in the preseason. They won all six matches. They played the likes of Galatasaray, Norwich, and Millionarios. Romelu Lukaku did well early and Lassse Schone played well late. Let's hope for more of the same results in the regular season.

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 228660
View attachment 228659
View attachment 228658
Summary: Every year, we will highlight the best youth player from each intake. This year it is promising center-back Jordan McGurk from London, England. He is very brave, very determined, a good leader, and a great team-player. Those are all qualities you look for in a world-class centre-back. He has a current ability of 86 and a potential ability of 168..

SEASON RESULTS

Capital One Cup:
View attachment 228657
Summary: We were drawn with Chelsea in the third round of the Capital One Cup. New signing Eugene Konoplyanka scored in the 13th minute and Eden Hazard made it 2-0 in the 24th.. We had no answer..

FA CUP:

View attachment 228656
Summary: We were drawn with another English giant. This time Man City.. We put up a fight this time, but it wasn't enough to beat Pelligrini's squad. Bony, Dzeko, and Samir Nasri all had goals in this one.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE:
View attachment 228655
View attachment 228654
Summary: A hugely disappointing season for Everton in the league this year. They fail to even qualify for the Europa League. I guess money can't buy you wins.. Next year will be better. QPR, West Brom, and Stoke are all relegated. Man City wins the title for the third time in four years. Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal qualify for UCL. Spurs, Newcastle, and Chelsea qualify for UEL. Leighton Baines was tied for 1st in Most Man of the Match awards..

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE:
View attachment 228653
View attachment 228652
Summary: We breezed through our group, we won five and lost one at Lyon. We proceeded to the Round of 32, where we beat LOSC Lille 2-1 on aggregate. Then in the Round of 16 against Dynamo Kyiv, we lost 5-2 on aggregate. Tough way to end the year... next year will be better.

AROUND EUROPE

LIGUE 1:
View attachment 228651
View attachment 228650
BUNDESLIGA:
View attachment 228649
View attachment 228648
SERIE A:
View attachment 228647
View attachment 228646
LIGA BBVA:
View attachment 228645
View attachment 228644
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE:
View attachment 228642
View attachment 228641

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:
View attachment 228638
View attachment 228637

Everton sack Roberto Martinez

View attachment 944528

EVERTON SACK ROBERTO

MARTINEZ

View attachment 228634

After a disappointing campaign in which Everton failed to qualify for even the UEFA Europa League, the club has decided to fire Roberto Martinez. This has come as no surprise to anyone around the game of football. BBC Sports insiders report that the front runners for the job include Roy Hodgson: head coach of English national team, Gareth Southgate: manager of English U21 team, Jose Mourinho: former Chelsea manager who was sacked after disappointed 14/15 season, and Roberto Mancini: current Valencia manager. Interviews for the job will be held in the next few days and we can expect an announcement to come in the next few weeks.

Everton hire New Manager

View attachment 944544

EVERTON HIRE JOSE

MOURINHO

View attachment 228625
Everton have announced on their official website the hiring of superstar manager, Jose Mourinho. Alwalled Bin Talal was visibly happy with the hiring. He said "Mourinho is the best manager in the world. I don't care what happened last season at Chelsea. I am just glad that he is here at Everton and can lead this club to glory." Mourinho is taking over from Roberto Martinez who led Everton to a 10th place finish in the Barclays Premier League last season. Mourinho is reportedly going to have over £100M to spend in the upcoming summer transfer window. Things are looking up for Everton. Let's see where Mourinho takes them.​

Great job on getting Mourinho - although he always seems to go for mid-table clubs on FM. ;)

As a Dane, I just have to say: Pione Sisto - great signing! Lasse Schöne - WTF? The man is ****!

Year 2

View attachment 944758

EVERTON FC - YEAR 2 REVIEW

View attachment 228542
TRANSFERS
View attachment 228540
View attachment 228538
Summary: New manager, Jose Mourinho spent a total of £210M!! His biggest signing was German winger: Kevin Volland for £45.5M... He also brought in English international Harry Kane, Chicharito, Marek Hamsik, Andre Gomes, David Luis, Samuel Umtiti, and Ryan Shawcross. Surprisingly, even though they spent £210M, they didn't sign many world class players. They went for youth instead of proven players for the most part. They let go of a lot of players as well. They sold the legendary Lasse Schone for only £2M... what a shame. They also let go of Luke Garbutt, James McCarthy, Pione Sisto, Muhamed Besic, and Steve Naismath.

FRIENDLIES
View attachment 228516Summary: The leading goalscorer for us was Jackson Martinez with 3 goals. We won 4 out of 5 matches. We drew against Greek side Xanthi.. Another promising preseason from Everton.

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 228497
View attachment 228495
View attachment 228494
Summary: This year our best youth intake player was Bobby Hutchings from Southwark, England. He is a promising full-back. He has 12 tackling and marking, which means he can stay back and defend. He can also get forward in the attack with his 16 pace, 16 acceleration, 11 dribbling, and 11 crossing. I can see him being a first team player at his favorite club, Everton, for years to come. He has current ability of 85 and potential ability of 171.

SEASON RESULTS

CAPITAL ONE CUP:
View attachment 228491Summary: Our Capital One Cup Campaign started in the second round against Wycombe. We beat them 4-0 with goals from Lukaku, Schone, Hamsik, and Hernandez. We proceeded to the third round, where we faced Nottingham Forrest. We lost 2-1... WTF. Ben Osborn scored twice and Bradley scored once..

FA CUP:

View attachment 228484
Summary: We were drawn against Brentford in the FA Cup 3rd Round. We won 3-2 with goals from Pione Sisoto and Younes Belhanda. We proceeded to the 4th round against London side Arsenal. We won 3-2 away at the Emirates.. Goals were scored by Hamsik, Gomes, and Bernard. Finally, we clashed with Man Utd at Goodison Park. We couldn't handle the likes of Di Maria, Henriquez, and Fellaini. It was a good run, but next year we hope for better.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE:

View attachment 228481
View attachment 228480
Summary: The magic of Mourinho. After finishing 10th last season, the club qualifies for the UEFA Europa League and only misses out on the UEFA Champions League by 5 points. Leeds, Sunderland, and Wigan all go down... Man Utd win the league title. Man City, Spurs, and Chelsea qualify for UCL. Everton, Liverpool, and Arsenal qualify for UEL... Next year, our objective is to qualify for the UEFA Champions League..

AROUND EUROPE:
View attachment 228474
View attachment 228473
View attachment 228472
View attachment 228471
View attachment 228470

Last edited:
Love the concept of this story,
Will be interesting to see how you do over the whole 50years.
Are you giving the club more money every season?

Love the concept of this story,
Will be interesting to see how you do over the whole 50years.
Are you giving the club more money every season?

Thank you so much..
I update their funds every 3 seasons.
I set the balance to 1 billion pounds and the board adjust the transfer budget and payroll accordingly..

Year 3

View attachment 945164

EVERTON FC - YEAR 3 REVIEW

View attachment 228359

TRANSFERS

View attachment 228358
View attachment 228357
Summary: More of the same from last season as far as outgoing transfers go.. The like of Romelu Lukaku, Seamus Coleman, and Bernard are all leaving the club. John Stones, Kieran Trippier, and Ryan Shawcross all go out on loan. We made £47M from outgoing transfers and brought in players worth a total of £76.77M.. The likes of Balde Diao Keita, Ciro Immobile, and Antonio Candreva were brought in, all from Serie A teams.. We also brought in a young Belgian defensive midfielder by the name of Ufuk Demirel from Westerlo for £725K. He has a current ability of 126 and a potential ability of 172.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 228356
Summary: We won four out of five for the second straight preseason. We played Depay's former side: PSV and we played Man Utd in Wayne Rooney's testimonial match. That was our only loss.

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 228355

View attachment 228354

View attachment 228353
Summary: This Liverpool-born, Everton-bred Goalkeeper has been labelled as the next Peter Shilton who earned more than 120 caps for England. This kid is very promising and I can see him as a first-team player in a few seasons. He has a current ability of 81 and a potential ability of 166.

SEASON RESULTS

CAPITAL ONE CUP:
View attachment 228352
Summary: One of the toughest draws possible this early in the tournament.. As expected, we lost in Old Trafford after the match went to penalties. Mourinho's men put up a huge fight though.. This is promising!

FA CUP:

View attachment 228351
View attachment 228350
Summary: An expected win came in the 3rd round against Leeds. Goals were scored by Miralles in the 34th, Immoble in the 47th, 59th, and 72nd, and Volland in the 84th.. We proceeded to the 4th round.. We unexpectedly lost to Sunderland... WTF?! 2-1...

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE:

View attachment 228349
View attachment 228348
Summary: Our performance in the league makes up for our disappointing campaigns in the League Cup and FA Cup.. We finished third this season, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League. We can finally attract that highest quality players to our club... This is going to be fun!

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE:

View attachment 228345We ran through our group with ease.. We won five and drew one away against Dynamo Kyiv... I expected a deep run in the Europa League this season from Mourinho's men.

View attachment 228344We were drawn against Celtic in the round of 32.. We drew 1-1 at Celtic Park in the first leg. We were happy to get an away goal but we still knew it would be tough. In the second leg, we destroyed them 4-0.. On the the next one!

View attachment 228343In the round of 16, we were drawn against Italian side Palermo.. We beat them 2-1 in the first leg and drew 2-2 in the second. We went through on an aggregate score of 4-3... Next!!!

View attachment 228342Olympiakos in the quarter-final.. The first leg was in Greece and the final score was 5-1 in favor of Everton.. The home half was more of the same, a 2-0 victory. On to the Semi-Finals!!! So close!!

View attachment 228341Our great run through Europe takes us to Russia to face CSKA Moscow.. They were too good, beating us in both legs for an aggregate score of 5-2... Terrible way to go out... Onto the Champions League.

AROUND EUROPE:

View attachment 228340

View attachment 228339

View attachment 228338

View attachment 228337
View attachment 228336

Maybe you can change a little bit like you decided to buy another club .

Year 4

View attachment 945643

EVERTON FC - YEAR 4 REVIEW

View attachment 228116
TRANSFERS

View attachment 228115

View attachment 228114
Summary: Financial Fair Play sets in on the high spending Everton... No transfers in for this year. But they made £36M from outgoing transfers.. The likes of Jackson Martinez, Kieran Trippier, and Bobby Hutchings. I was surprised to see Hutchings being sold, he is a young player who we spotlighted from the year 2 youth intake. He has a current ability of 137 and a potential ability of 171. He is only 17 years old... He played 21 matches for Leeds and had a 7.16 average rating. Everton will regret this move.

FRIENDLIES

View attachment 228113
Summary: As expected, we pretty much dominated preseason. We won five out of six matches.. Hopefully this form can continue in the regular season as we go for the Premier League title..

YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 228110
View attachment 228109
View attachment 228108
Summary: The best player from this year's youth intake is Matty Preston from Bootle, England. He is a promising striker that stands 5 foot, 10 inches and 152 pounds. He has great physical attributes and decent mentals.. His technicals are terrible though, those for sure have to improve before he can become a first team player. He has a current ability of 82 and a potential ability of 161.

SEASON RESULTS

CAPITAL ONE CUP:
View attachment 228107
Summary: This year sees Everton win it's first piece of silverware in our 50-Year Experiment. Our Capital One Cup campaign started in the 3rd round against Preston, we beat them 2-0. We moved on to the 4th round where we faced London-side Fulham. The match went into extra-time where we scored in the 111th minute. The next round was the quarter-final.. We were drawn against another London-side, this time Spurs. We beat them 2-1, the goals were scored by Axel Witsel and Kevin Volland. Next came the semi-final.. We beat Leeds in a high scoring affair, 6-3 was the final score. We booked our place in the final against Swansea. Witsel scored early in the 13th minute. We dominated from the start, scoring again in the 71st from Depay. They managed to get one in the 83rd but it was enough. We won the Capital One Cup!!

FA CUP:

View attachment 228106
Summary: Another early exit in the FA Cup. This time it is not as embarrassing because it came against English giants, Chelsea.. Moving on.

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE:

View attachment 228105
Summary: This year, our objective was to win the title. We came extremely close.. 3 points to be exact. We finished 2nd behind Man Utd, they have won 3 straight Premier League titles.. West Ham and Chelsea also qualified for UCL. Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man City qualify for UEL. Fulham, Norwich, and Derby are relegated down to the Championship. There is always next year..

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

View attachment 228101We finished 2nd in Group G. We beat Brugge both times and also beat Lyon at home. We drew with Lyon away and Atletico Madrid at home. We lost to Madrid away..

View attachment 228100 We were drawn against Real Madrid in the round of 16. Everyone counted us out, the first leg was at home, we won 1-0. Then we went into Madrid, everyone expected us to lose... We came out wounded but on top. We drew 1-1 and advanced to the Quarter-Final. We were drawn against another giant, this time Dortmund. We couldn't handle them.. We lost 5-1 on aggregate. It was a good run, can't wait for next season!

TROPHY CASE

View attachment 228099

AROUND EUROPE

View attachment 228097
View attachment 228048
View attachment 228047
View attachment 228046

Last edited:
Jose Mourinho

View attachment 945689

JOSE MOURINHO LEAVES

EVERTON

View attachment 228095

In shocking news, Everton head manager, Jose Mourinho has decided to resign from his role. Rumors were swirling throughout the season that Mourinho and club chairman Alwaleed Bin Talal didn't feel very fond of each other. Mourinho has been quoted as saying "It is tough to live and work under someone's thumb.. I needed to be able to make decisions for that club and not have to consulate anyone.. That is why I am leaving." Mourinho is also reportedly interested in the Inter Milan job, a place where he was previously successful.​

Pep

View attachment 945691

EVERTON HIRE PEP GUARDIOLA

View attachment 228094

It has been an interesting week for Everton Football Club. First, Jose Mourinho leaves to club to join Inter Milan and now they bring in another superstar manager in Pep Guardiola. He famously let his contract expire at FC Bayern Munich due to not being able to come to terms on a new deal. He signed a four-year deal with Everton. He will takeover from Mourinho, who led the team to the Capital One Cup victory and a second place finish in the Barclays Premier League. How far do you think Guardiola can take Everton?​

Definitely an EPL title, although some of the sales Mourinho made were just plain weird (ie Bernard for pennies)

Agreed

Definitely an EPL title, although some of the sales Mourinho made were just plain weird (ie Bernard for pennies)

I agree 100%... I was so mad when I saw he sold Bobby Hutchings for 900k (the regen).. He had so much potential.. and now he is playing so well for Leeds.

You should wrap the title up this season!

Although bad news to see the likes of Stones being sold :/