The A-League Thread

AussieOchoa

Reaction score
As it seems there are now quite a few Aussies active and posting around the forums, I think it is an appropriate time to open an A-League thread. Now even though it is coming to the end of the season, it will be useful for seasons after :)

hyundai-aleague1-245x300.jpg

So now for your thoughts...
Who do you support?
Who do you think will win?
Who needs to improve?
What about Nth QLD Fury's situation?
Will there be a replacement team, if so, who?

So keep it nice and clean, don't let it get out of hand just cos the Roar are the best :wub:

I'll answer the questions now...

Brisbane Roar.

Brisbane Roar (not too confident though :S).

Melbourne Heart will need to improve, but should after a season or two.

Nth QLD Fury where never a great team, so they won't be missed too much, although I'm from Canberra so IDC really.

I do hope Canberra gets a team, then I'll stop supporting Roar and support Canberra.

And for you optimists, no, I am not a 'Glory Hunter'. Have supported the Roar from the very first season. Me love some Matty McKay :wub:​

never realy liked north queensland i hope adelaide get another team although they dont realy need one. nice thread

in business perspective, the winding up of north queensland was the right thing to do. unfortunately, in sport these days, there are few desires and decisions which aren't fuelled by money interests. however, it was probably necessary in order for the ffa to keep it's integrity, and to ensure the long term stability of the competition.

on a lighter note, i think brisbane will win, but i can see the central coast perhaps springing a surprise.

gotta love ange postecoglou or however the **** you spell it.

Melbourne Heart Fan even though i live in perth

As for North QLD i would love to see a team in tassie. Cant see it happening but you never know

i live in nz , and have supported brisbane roar since the a-leagues inclusion , so its nice this season to see us get some success after not such a good season last year :D.

Brisbane Roar
Brisbane Roar
Perth Glory + Sydney fc
i would like a team from tassy , darwin or canberra

BRISBANE ROAR FTW <3!

in business perspective, the winding up of north queensland was the right thing to do. unfortunately, in sport these days, there are few desires and decisions which aren't fuelled by money interests. however, it was probably necessary in order for the ffa to keep it's integrity, and to ensure the long term stability of the competition.

on a lighter note, i think brisbane will win, but i can see the central coast perhaps springing a surprise.

gotta love ange postecoglou or however the **** you spell it.

One of the more intelligent posts on this site. :) Also, yes, the NQF thing was the right thing to do, no matter how the fans or players feel, it had to happen.

One of the more intelligent posts on this site. :) Also, yes, the NQF thing was the right thing to do, no matter how the fans or players feel, it had to happen.
I disagree. I think the FFA made a mistake. If they let the Fury into the A-league then they should have supported them - no matter what. The league is too young for this sort of thing to be happening already... A couple of million dollars is nothing to the FFA - especially with Lowy as president. So I don't understand why they didn't step in.
1.7 million or whatever it was is pocket change for Lowy...

I disagree. I think the FFA made a mistake. If they let the Fury into the A-league then they should have supported them - no matter what. The league is too young for this sort of thing to be happening already... A couple of million dollars is nothing to the FFA - especially with Lowy as president. So I don't understand why they didn't step in.
1.7 million or whatever it was is pocket change for Lowy...

Good point, but honestly, whatever we can do to keep the league out of debt, or clubs out of debt, it should be happening. But for me, I think we need more teams, we need at least 14, and then maybe even a second league, but I can not see that happening for at least 5 years. Lowy is not very open to change, but when he is, it is big changes as the NQF debacle shows.

Half Time in the Grand Final - 0-0 it is. Central Coast looked strong early, and possible could have had a goal or two. They didn't capitalise, and by the end of the half, Brisbane Roar were dominating. Brisbane hit the crossbar with 10 minutes left. Also a few dangerous through balls for both teams. Very good match so far, if it keeps going this way, Brisbane 2-1 Central Coast, is my predicition.

Unsure about all the 2-1 predictions (including the commentator's predictions) , think Brisbane to scrape it 1-0 or maybe 1-1 then penalties. Think if it goes to penalties Mariners might sneak it.

****. that rain is unbelievable. Matt Ryan is a brilliant young goalkeeper as well! has a bright future that one!

Just hope he isn't sold off to Europe like Mitch Langerak, hope he and Mustafa stay in Australia for a few more years to come and help to increase the reputation of the A-League.

Just hope he isn't sold off to Europe like Mitch Langerak, hope he and Mustafa stay in Australia for a few more years to come and help to increase the reputation of the A-League.
i agree but disagree if a player is good enough to play in europe there is no point wasting his talent in the a-league. the a-league is good but nowhere near as good as european football

i agree but disagree if a player is good enough to play in europe there is no point wasting his talent in the a-league. the a-league is good but nowhere near as good as european football

to a certain extent. Langerak has made 1 appearance since going to Dortmund. I'd rather Ryan go to a club like... Plymouth Argyle, where he would get good game time, and have good training facilities.

Fair comment, but like with Luke DeVere leaving Brisbane, unsure whether it's right to leave to Europe (or Asia in case) when you prove yourself for a season rather than atleast showing some consistency over a semi-long term period.