W4NKER

Reaction score
Ajax_Amsterdam.svg

Ajax are renowned for their youth program that has produced many Dutch players over the years, such as

Johan Cruijff

Edwin van der Sar

Dennis Bergkamp

Patrick Kluivert

Marco van Basten

Wesley Sneijder

Rafael van der Vaart

Nigel de Jong

However the production line has slowed down in recent years with most gradutes being foreign based nationals signed up by the Ajax Academy at a young age - Jan Vertonghen, Thomas Vermaelen, Vurnon Anita etc.

When Ajax won the Champions League in 1995 the Dutch national team consisted mostly of Ajax players - van der Sar, Reiziger, the de Boers, Blind, Davids, Seedorf, Kluivert, Overmars.

My challenge (and yours, if you chose to join in) is to return Ajax to the top of the European ladder.

Fairly simple you might say...

However, I challenge you to do so WITHOUT BUYING ONE SINGLE PLAYER! All player MUST come through the famous Ajax Academy.

__________________________________________________ _______________

SUB-CHALLENGE:

Win the Euros/World Cup with Holland having a large portion of your squad from the Ajax Academy.

__________________________________________________ _______________

I tried this on FMC (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...er-stories/113599-ajax-academy-challenge.html) and got 5 seasons in but you only ever got 3-5 youth team gradutes a season and you were very lucky if one of those was anywhere near decent. So I've decided to restart this on the full version where we will get more academy players coming through each season and I'll have more control over their training and development. Everything else, where possible, we be assigned to my staff in order to speed the career up.

I might be up for giving this a go, though I'm doing a similar thing with Inverness and it's going well there. Not sure what my youth intake will be like though!

Last edited:
You have my attention... though I go on holiday in 24 hours so not for too long. Look forward to catching up when I get back may have a go myself then

i'll give this a try after am done killing all the challenges in FMC.. will really wanna challenge myself there.. i guess we can still buy world class coaches though

You join me a season and a half into this challenge.

Season one was certainly one to remember for Ajax.

We managed to clinch an amazing treble of the League, Cup and Europa League.

League:

View attachment 331787

Cup:

View attachment 331786

Europe:

View attachment 331789

Super Cup:

View attachment 331791

2013 ACADEMY GRADUATES

View attachment 331788View attachment 331790

These two guys are the pick of the bunch. We got a lot of 2.5/3 star potential kids who will all make good squad players in the future but these two lads will become first team stars. In the coming season they'll be kept in and around the first team and given chances in cup games.

With clubs sniffing around Fischer, Eriksen and Alderweireld we'll need some of the younger players to develop as quickly as possible.

*More regular updates from now on*

I might be up for giving this a go, though I'm doing a similar thing with Inverness and it's going well there. Not sure what my youth intake will be like though!

You have my attention... though I go on holiday in 24 hours so not for too long. Look forward to catching up when I get back may have a go myself then

i'll give this a try after am done killing all the challenges in FMC.. will really wanna challenge myself there.. i guess we can still buy world class coaches though
Cheers and good luck.

And yes you can hire any staff you want.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I won't refuse any good offers for players (as Ajax do in real life).

I mention it now because Juventus have just bid £20m for Toby Alderweireld!! I'll accept and it will free up a place for Stefano Denswil who I know from experience turns into a top player if given first team football

Season Two - Part One

As you join me when are about to enter the winter transfer window.

We sit top of the league and are strong favourites to reclaim the title.

View attachment 331808

We are also still in the Dutch Cup.

However what you or I wouldn't have expected is that we topped our Champions League group - a group containing the mighty Manchester United and super-rich Paris St-Germain!

View attachment 331809

As the transfer window opens Italians giants Juventus have bid £20,000,000 for centre back Toby Alderweireld.

He's a vital player and bang on form however he has been making noises about looking to join a bigger team so rejecting this will upset him and he'll ask to leave anyway. So we accept, Toby leaves, we have an extra £20m in the bank and a place opens up in the first team for one of the youngsters.

January 2014

SC Cambuur 0 v 5 Ajax
Sigporsson, Sana, Fischer(2), Andersen

AZ 0 v 1 Ajax
Fischer

Dutch Cup

Ajax 3 v 0 Volendam
Schone, Fischer(2)

League

View attachment 331872

A short, sweet and 100% month. We even managed to hand a few debuts out to the two hottest prospects from last years academy.

Transfer Deadline Day and THIS happens...

View attachment 331873

We've already got £20m in for Alderweireld. That was a record fee. That record will be broken. Again, I don't want to reject any good bids and £30m is massive!

Good luck! I'll be following! Did this on FM2011 and took me about 14 years to get an awesome team!!

Good luck! I'll be following! Did this on FM2011 and took me about 14 years to get an awesome team!!
14! I was hoping for less than that lol

Once I reach 4.5 stars in the club reputation table (same rating as Man Utd, Barca, Real etc) then I'll stop selling my star players and keep them to conquer the footballing world

thinking of giving this a go can it be done if you have to sell all your best players?

Yeah about 14, but that's having a 4/5 star player in every position and from youth academy! I won a treble and then left to join Real Madrid!! Wish I still had the save!!

thinking of giving this a go can it be done if you have to sell all your best players?
You don't have to sell them, just an aspect I'm having in my game. In all my long term games I tend to sell everyone once they reach 27/28 anyway and replace them with a youngster

How could you sell Eriksen?! He's so good. :O

I turned down £35m for Fischer, but sold Denswil for £33m to Arsenal on my save.

I'm trying to do something similar and win the CL with youth products, but still buy a few players to fill the gaps, especially since my academy only seems to produce CDMs, full backs and goalkeepers.

Think im gonna pick up this challenge, can you sign free agent dutch players or do they have to come through the academy?

E.G. If PSV for example fail to secure one of their talented young dutch players and he leaves on a free could i sign him?

Its entirely up to yourself but I would say yes too this...
can you get players from ajax ct or not?
and no to this...
Think im gonna pick up this challenge, can you sign free agent dutch players or do they have to come through the academy?

E.G. If PSV for example fail to secure one of their talented young dutch players and he leaves on a free could i sign him?

February 2014

2-0 v Sparta
Fischer, Sana

0-0 v FC Den Bosch

4-1 v FC Groningen
Blind(3), Sigporsson

3-1 v Vitesse
Enoh, Serero, Sigporsson

3-0 v NAC Breda
Hoesen, Andersen, Fischer

Champions League 1st Knockout Rnd 1st Leg

1-1 v Galatasaray (a)
Serero

This is a challenge i've always thought about doing. Would be great to have more than half the Dutch starting 11 come through your youth ranks in quick succession. Adds a lot more to the story than just being successful and winning trophys. Good luck

AJAX RETURN TO THE EUROPEAN SUMMIT!!

cl.jpg

Of course the ultimate aim of this challenge was to eventually win the European Cup again with Ajax. However, I never expected it to occur anytime soon!!

View attachment 332978

View attachment 332976

The League was a complete walkover and we therefore managed to blood some youngsters along the way (screens of them to follow)

View attachment 332979

The only blip being a shock semi-final defeat in the Dutch Cup.

View attachment 332977