The Almost Great Vaduz/Liechtenstein Challenge

FC Vaduz have finished 7th in the super league my second season managing and first in the super league.

league table
View attachment 191073

my key players were David Hasler at striker, John Boye at Center Back, and Franz Burgemeier anywhere I put him. Christopher Reinhard and Luca Giacarri also played well. Marco Reich proved that he still had a little bit left in him despite turning 35 this season, although towards the second half of the season he tailed off and unfortunately I think his career will end soon, which is sad because he was ever present in both my promotion campaign and first superleague season. I think he'll be out before next season starts.
View attachment 191074View attachment 191075View attachment 191076View attachment 191077View attachment 191078

In at the January Window were quite a few free transfers, all young players from African Clubs (all I could afford.) Most of them will join in June, but Sunday Agu, Jamba Jallow, James Salami, and Simon Oladipo all proved useful in the second half of the season. Here are all of my signings (I plan on selling most of them for profit):
View attachment 191079View attachment 191080View attachment 191081View attachment 191083View attachment 191084View attachment 191085View attachment 191086View attachment 191087

All of those players have at least 3.5 stars of PA, and most all are good enough to start at the off. In particular Agu was immense in the second half after he joined.

One result all season stood above the rest. A 6-1 trouncing of Wolfsburg in the Euro Cup. Despite suffering a bug and playing with largely youth and backups (registration problems I assume) it was still a great result. Playing with their full squad they won 2-0 but that aggregate got me to the group stage at least where i tied Bucharest and Ajax once each and lost the rest. Still those winnings financed my ability to resign players.

On the national side not much happened. On the bright side I came in not last in Euro 2012 qualifiers, finishing ahead of lithuania, but aside from that barely anything happened.

My only youth prospect to speak of remains Christian Luginger, a young man wiht 4 stars of PA but he is progressing slowly, although another intake is just around the corner and i will post if anyone interesting comes up there. In terms of youth development I have not been able to improve the facilities but I have signed 4 bundesliga coaches to the national staff in hopes that they may produce a superstar there.

View attachment 191089

I'll give another update soon probably about the youth that come in.

so close, and that penalty was never a penalty, didn't even get a warning when i criticized it.

great job kone06, good to see someone picking up this challenge.

I was really enjoying playing as Vaduz & Liechtenstein but the issue with champions League kinda destroyed the challenge for me

looking forward to more updates!

i was having a bit of fun, but the champions league thing was tough, now its my second save, will definitely play it a bit more.