Triv

Toffeepops are incredible
Reaction score
The Alphabet Challenge

Welcome all. This wont be a story of how i miraculously obtained the Barcelona
job despite being a complete unknown in the football world.
I will just be posting monthly progress of my new save.

I have struggled to get into any of my saves for 2012, i don't think i have got past three seasons.
In my new save i wanted to try something a little different to keep my interest.
I came up with the Alphabet challenge -
a save where i set a bout winning the top division with 26 different teams - one for each letter.
To make this more difficult, i have to do this in 26 different countries.
For example: If i win the premier league with Arsenal then A would be crossed off my list. Also any other success in England would not count for the Alphabet challenge e.g. if i then won the premier league with Chelsea i couldn't cross off C from the list, C would need to be a team from a different country.

I'm not sure i explained it that well but i hope you understand.

To aid me getting through the letters i scribbled up a list of teams from different countries as a rough guide for my career - a plan of action, if you will.

A: Anderlecht -Belgium
B: Ballymena - N.Ireland
C: Chivas - Mexico
D: Djurgardens - Sweden
E: Estudiantes - Argentina
F: Feyenoord - Holland
G: Galatasaray - Turkey
H: Hajduk - Croatia
I: Internacional - Brazil
J:
JJK Jyväskylä - Finland
K: Kobenhavn - Denmark
L: Lille - France
M: Man United - England
N: NY Red Bulls - USA
O: Orlando Pirates - South Africa
P: Panathinaikos - Greece
Q: Qingdao -China
R: Rio Ave - Portugal
S: Suwon - Korea
T: Teplice - Czech Republic
U: Universidad de Chile - Chile
V: Valerenga - Norway
W: Werder Bremen - Germany
X: Xerez - Spain (Completed 2012/13)
Y: Young Boys - Switzerland
Z: Zenit - Russia

This is just a rough guide, i dont have to do it with these teams necessarily.
I will start my career at Xerez as clubs starting with X are few and far between.
Also success in Spain will enhance my reputation greatly.

Let the challenge begin...

Progress:
2011/12 Xerez 1st Liga Adelante + Spanish Cup Winners
2012/13 Xerez 1st Liga BBVA + EURO Cup Winners
2013/14 Xerez 1st Liga BBVA + Spanish Super Cup Winners, EURO Super Cup Winners Spanish Cup Winners, Champions Cup Winners
2014/15 Dortmund -

Last edited:
Mtanna takes Xerez hot seat

Starting a Xerez is going to be difficult, based in liga adelante with no money, their minimum expectation is a top half finish. To be on the safe side i have agreed with them (media prediction is 13th), not promising higher just in case i don't deliver - i don't get any money regardless:
View attachment 263813

I currently have 5 uninspiring looking friendlies scheduled before the slog begins away to Recreativo.
I will try to add a couple of glamour friendlies.
View attachment 263814

i would be interested in following sounds a good chalenge good luck

Sounds like good one, may even be inspired to have a go my self!! Will keep you posted...

Great idea for a challenge.

I'm following and hope you can get into this save :)

going to take this challlenge up myself while also doing the revival challenge going to be depotivo la coruna and win spanish league going to use xanthi in greece for x good luck on your game

Think I'll start this as well pal, looks really interesting and might inspire me to do a long term save for a change.

great to see you back posting Triv, how is everything? I look forward to following this, Pandiani should do well for you. Get searching for freebies and loan players!

July/August 2011

Pre-season Friendlies:

In a bid to raise a bit of cash i arranged three 'glamour' friendlies,
inviting Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona to Municipal de Chapin.
Pre-season went well, only losing one out of nine games.

Xerez 4-2 Xerez 'B'
(Tato, Ricardo (p), Autet, Cordero)
View attachment 263965

Xerez 0-7 Real Madrid
(None)
View attachment 263966

Xerez 0-0 At.Madrid
(None)
View attachment 263967

Xerez 2-2 Barcelona
(Herrero, Tato)
View attachment 263968

San Fernando 1-4 Xerez
(Velez 2, Luis og, Martinez San Emeterio)
View attachment 263969

Fatima 3-6 Xerez
(Capi, Rosillo 2, Velez 2, Garcia)
View attachment 263970

At. Sanluqueno 1-6 Xerez
(Corti, Ricardo, Rosillo, Torrecillas og,
Martinez San Emeterio, Zafra)
View attachment 263971

Arcos 0-2 Xerez
(Barber, Rafi)
View attachment 263972

Puerto Real 0-5 Xerez
(Rosillo 2, Tato 2, Capdevila)
View attachment 263975

Plenty of goals scored which gives me confidence going into the season, albeit against weak opposition.
Apart from the Real game i was embarrassed by the big name teams either
:D

On to the real stuff...
(if i don't state what competition the game is for then it will be a league game, i will state any cup games as and when they come - just being lazy, so i dont have to type 'Liga Adelante' for almost every game)

Recreativo 1-2 Xerez
(Pandiani 2)
Pandiani bossed it with 2 goals in the first half, we were hanging on a bit towards the end but on first half performance alone we deserved the win. Fantastic start away to one of the favourites.
View attachment 263980

Xerez 1-0 Cordoba
(Tato)
Comfortable home win, should have put the game to bed with a second.
View attachment 263981

So two wins out of two, 100%, couldn't have asked for a better start!
Currently sitting in 3rd position :D
View attachment 263983

Player of the Month:
Walter Pandiani
With just 2 games to choose from, Pandiani was the stand out player.
He looks classy at this level, surely wont be the last player of the month award he'll get.
View attachment 263984

thank you to all who have commented and are following :D

If you have any questions or would like additional screen shots then feel free to ask.

Also, a few of you have said you may try the challenge - if you do it on here please send a link to this thread so i can follow back.

I have an annoying habit of changing skins quite often so i apologize in advance for this. Although having said that, Infusse Dark has lasted longer than most.

September 2011

Deportivo 3-2 Xerez
(Joao Baptista, Pandiani (p))
No shame in losing to the Spanish champions just 11 years ago. Lassad's first goal to make it 2-2 was a gift thanks to my keeper coming for a cross and getting nowhere near it. Deserved at least a draw.
View attachment 264207

Las Palmas 0-3 Xerez (Spanish Cup 2bd Rnd)
(Pandiani 3)
A comfortable victory thanks to Pandiani's brilliance. On to round three.
View attachment 264208

Xerex 4-0 Sabadell
(Pandiani 3, Velez)
A sensational performance from Pandiani, hattrick and a back heel assist!!
View attachment 264210

Pandiani assist

Transfer News:
Shortly before the Elche game we signed a free transfer called Mikel Rico after he was offered to me by an agent. He looks ok and i put him straight in the starting eleven.
View attachment 264211

Elche 2-3 Xerez
(Jose Mari, Velez)
A very close game, after the late penalty/goal Elche were all over us. Fortunate to escape with all three points.
View attachment 264212

Xerez 3-0 Celta
(Pandiani 2, Joao Baptista)
Celta offered little resistance as Pandiani again added to his goal tally.
View attachment 264213

September was a good month, the performances have given me hope that, with Pandiani fit, we could have a good go at promotion. Four wins from five games keeps us in the cup and second in the league with a game in hand.
View attachment 264214

Player Of The Month
Walter Pandiani
Two hattricks led to nine goals five games.
View attachment 264215

Last edited:
looking good Triv, Pandiani is kicking ***! Keep it up

looks interesting- will give this a follow :)

love that walter pandiani is in the team. im a birmingham city fan and we had him about 6 or 7 years ago- he was a class player. we called him 'the rifle'. good luck with it!

Looks like a great challenge, hope you stick with it :)

I've been busy playing the game i forgot i was posting up on here, currently in March!! Will post update very soon

October 2011

Valladolid 1-3 Xerez
(Pandiani 2, Tato)
A good solid away win, Pandiani's incredible goal return continues in a rather dirty match at Nuevo Jose Zorrilla.
View attachment 264889

Xerez 3-0 Recreativo (Spanish Cup 3rd Rnd)
(Pandiani 3)
A fantastic team performance, capped by Pandiani's hattrick. It was a game of almost complete domination and the score could have been more. On to the next round.
View attachment 264890

Xerez 1-0 Almeria
(Velez)
We sneaked and evenly matched game. It was end to end, poor finishing from both side prevented the scoreline reflecting what an exciting game it was.
View attachment 264891

Xerez 3-1 Guadalajara
(Velez, Pandiani, Tato)
Anibal's red card at the end of the first half swung the game in our favour, we were leading 1-0 at the time but it was a close game up to that point.
View attachment 264892

Villarreal 'B' 2-5 Xerez
(Velez 2, Baptista, Pandiani, Tato)
(*Baptista sent off)
A sensational first half against relegation threatened Villarreal saw us 5-0 up, the highlight a Baptista free kick. Disappointed with the second half conceding 2 and not adding to our 5 against a very poor side.
View attachment 264893

Transfer News:
The same day as the Villarreal 'B' game we signed a striker name Rafa Jorda on a free transfer. With no spaces left in my 25 man squad i will have to wait until December to register him when the registration window opens.
View attachment 264907

Xerez 3-1 Sporting (Spanish Cup 4th Rnd 1st leg)
(Pandiani 2, Baptista (p))
(*Pandiani missed pen)
With Spanish domestic rules differing from English rules, Baptista could play in the Spanish cup despite his red in the previous game, due to cup and league discipline being seperate. This was a pleasent surprise as he played his part in bossing the game against the side 4th in BBVA!! An incredible performance, leads me to believe Sporting did not field their strongest team - big mistake. Still a second leg to come and they have an away goal.
View attachment 264904View attachment 264905

Xerez 2-2 Alcorcon
(Pandiani 2)
A frustrating evening, we dominated the game but did not get the breaks our play deserved, falling behind twice thanks to poor defending against their counter attacks, we showed character to claw them back both times.
View attachment 264906

Ending the month with a 6 point lead at the top of Adelante, i firmly believe we will be in the hunt for automatic promotion now. I would like the goals spread out a bit more, i'm worried if Pandiani gets injured we could struggle for goals. Obviously thrilled with the performance at home to Sporting.

View attachment 264908

Player of the Month:
Inigo Velez
While strike partner Pandiani steals the limelight with the goals, Velez scored 4 goals and plays a key role often laying on the assists for others/
View attachment 264909