December Update

This month promises to be a vital month for not only the Galaxy but also the Barclays Premier League as a whole as this is the month that the LA Galaxy are taking a premier league fixture to the USA. However before that the Galaxy have some tough games to play that are extremely important to their season as we are now close to the mid point in the season so we have a good idea of where the everyone is likely to finish come the end of the season. With games against Wolves, Arsenal and Fulham at home as well as a trip to Wigan, David Beckham will need to prepare his side for a test in each game and seen as they play officialy 4 out of 5 games in December at home then it provides a massive opportunity for the Galaxy to end the year on a high and hopefully carry some momentum into the new year and onwards to the end of the season.

January is also now just a month away so players will be needing to impress to ensure that Beckham doesn't replace them in the side, he's already proven that he's not affraid to spend money so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Galaxy boss dip into the transfer market. Who knows who he will sign but remember that his hands are tied as he can only sign British & Irish players along with Americans. The Galaxy also promised the MLS that they would be trying to take the best young USA players to the premier league to enhance their careers and the USA national team. It will be interesting to see if they stick to these promises in January or if they have to wait until the summer. We believe David Beckham has had scouts at MLS games all season so he must have his eye on some people, but at this stage we are unsure of who exactly.

Premier League Fixtures
Wolves ( H )
Arsenal ( H )
Blackburn ( H )
Wigan ( A )
Fulham ( H )

Home
Galaxy vs Wolves
3 - 2
Nenad Milijas ( 8 )
Cameron Jerome ( 23 )
George Boyd ( 28 )
Stephen Hunt ( 44 )
Charlie Adam ( 59 )​

Home
Galaxy vs Arsenal
2 - 2
Robin van Persie ( 5 )
Jermaine Jenas ( 80 )
Gary Cahill ( 84 )
Cesc Fabregas ( 88 )​

Home
Galaxy vs Blackburn
N/A​

Away
Wigan vs Galaxy
0 - 1
Cameron Jerome ( 2 )​

Home
Galaxy vs Fulham
0 - 0​

Summary of Month
A fantastic month for the Galaxy as they beat Wolves and Wigan while picking up draws with Arsenal and Fulham. The match against Fulham set a new record for a record crowd of nearly 82000 fans packed into Twickenham to create a hostile atmosphere for the derby game. It could be argued that the LA Galaxy deserved to beat Arsenal as the Gunners perhaps got lucky with a late Cesc Fabregas winner. It is bound to please Beckham that his side were able to share the goals around and not conceade to many at the back. If they can continue this fine form then they are on course for a european finish at the end of the season and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that would be an amazing achievment.​

This is what David Beckham had to say on the month;​

A good month for us as we picked up some vital wins against some strong opposition, the game against the Gunners gives me alot of pride as we came from behind to get the draw and could of easily won the game if we weren't sloppy. The away victory over Wigan is also a brilliant one for us as going to the DW Stadium is never easy as its an open ground and the wind can really pick up making it hard for teams to get the ball down and play their football. Keeping a clean sheet and defending a goal lead for the best part of 90 minutes was also pleasing and will give the guys at the back confidence for the future.​

We are thrilled with our league position going into January and know that we can replicate and improve our form in the second part of season, which should hopefully put us in a european spot. We have a young side so there will be ups and downs but if we can keep level headed and keep our feet on the gound then the sky really is the limit for us. I can't wait for the second half of the season and I know the lads can't either. I would like to thank the fans for their incredible support particulary againust Fulham. To sell out Twickenham is a **** of an achievement and I only hope that we put on a good display and the fans felt they got value for money and will come back to support the lads again. See you next year.​

I will be releasing the special update for the Blackburn game next so keep an eye out for it guys :)

just read your story mate...great idea for a story! look forward to next update!

just read your story mate...great idea for a story! look forward to next update!

thanks mate I just thought I do something a little different from the normal story. I will be posting another update soon :)

Mission USA

This is the moment the world has been waiting for, the Los Angeles Galaxy are playing their Premier League home game against Blackburn Rovers live from the USA. I for one can't wait to see what happens as this week unfolds, in the pre match build up the Galaxy will be holding an open training session for the American public. They are holding a press day for the worlds media, the players will be visiting local schools to promote soccer to people and finally the match against Blackburn.

Mission USA Schedule

Monday - Flight to the USA
Tuesday - Open training session
Wednesday - Visit the schools
Thursday - Media Day
Friday - Light closed training session
Saturday - Game day

Monday
The players and officials of the Los Angeles Galaxy began their long flight to the USA today ahead of possibly the biggest week in Premier League history. As the players boarded the plane they all looked excited, nervous and perhaps a little scared that the possibility of expanding the Premier League rested very much on their shoulders.

Tuesday
The doors were open for the world today as the Galaxy took to the training ground to prepare for their game against Blackburn on Saturday. The players showed no sign of jetlag or tiredness which is a positive sign for David Beckham as they need to be at their best to put on a good show against Rovers for the American people.​

Wednesday
The LA Galaxy today took a break from the football side of their visit to the USA and visited some local schools to promote the game of soccer to the kids. They were handing out Los Angeles Galaxy shirts and free tickets for Saturdays game against Blackburn. The Galaxy want the entire ground to be awash of LA Galaxy shirts and colours to get behind the team and really create a strong fan base for the future.​

Thursday
After a closed door training session the Galaxy held an media day to invite the worlds press to grill them before the weekends game. As expected David Beckham took most of the heat but a few of the players did have to hold interviews and there was team photos and autographs signed for fans in a really laid back environment.​

Thankyou America for having us this week and I hope we can entertain you with a fantastic game of football. So far the players and I are loving being here and have held training sessions and visited some brilliant schools to talk to the kids about football and encourage them to play sport and watch football. I am afraid to say that while some of the players of the Galaxy are available for interview the rest are not as I want them completely focussed on Saturdays game.​

The match against Blackburn promises to be a thrilling match as they are a good Premier League team who are hard to break down and can scored from all positions on the pitch. Steve Kean is a good friend of mine and I know he will tell his lads to give 100% in the match and this will not be taken lightly as there are real points to play for and both teams are still fighting to achieve their goals for the season.​

See you on Saturday.​
Friday

David Beckham today put the final touches to his plans for the game in a behind closed doors training session. We are told by the Galaxy that the players looked good before the big game and weren't feeling nervous about the big occasion.​

Saturday
The time for talking, training and media days are over, now its time to play football. This is what the whole week is about, yes the other stuff is important but what everyone really wants to see is how the Galaxy are going to play againist Blackburn Rovers in this Barclays Premier League match live from Cowboys Stadium in Dallas. The game is being played there and not in Los Angeles due to the sheer demand for tickets and interest in the game meaning it needed a 100,000 seater stadium to hold this match.​

Home
Galaxy vs Blackburn
2 - 2
Charlie Adam ( pen 8 )
Jordan Henderson ( 18 )
Roque Santa Cruz ( 23 )
Sylvain Marveaux ( 44 )​

Summary of Match

In what was an intense game with over 100,000 fans in attendence the Galaxy raced into an early comfortable lead when Charlier Adam converted a pentalty followed Jordan Henderson scoring an unforgetable goal from outside the box that nearly broke the net it was hit with so much power. Blackburn responded quite brilliantly to the Galaxys lead by leveling things before half time with goals from Roque Santa Crus and Sylvain Marveaux. The goals both came from set pieces which is sure to frustrate Beckham as they were both easily preventablt goals should the Galaxy had defended better and not been sloppy. The second half was very much how the first half should have been, it was like a boxing match as the two sides tried to wear the other down but to no success and the game ended in a bore draw.

This is what David Beckham had to say on the game;​
Well that was exciting wasn't it. The atmosphere was electric and the noise for all of the goals was just mind blowing, honestly that is one of the best places I've ever been in to watch a game of football and I can't wait to come back. Anyway as for the game itself I think we started positivly and just fell away as the first half wore on, and that carried on in the second half. Blackburn scored two goals and our lads just looked shell shocked that a team can come back from 2 - 0 down to draw 2 - 2 but they are young and will only learn that this is an incredably hard competition and anyone can beat anybody quite easily. Overall I am pleased with the game and think we put on a good show for these fans and from what I have heard they can't wait for us to come back. So a big success for the Barclays Premier League.​

Half Time Report

The FA today have released a report as they promised on the progress the LA Galaxy are making since their move to Barclays Premier League. In the report the FA look at the Galaxys form in the league as well as cup competitions, they also look at the Galaxys squad and if they've stuck to their promises of only buying British&Irish and American players. Also the FA have been investigating the Los Angeles Galaxys future plans as well as other areas of the club such as fan base and fiance.

Form in Competitions

Barclays Premier League - The FA are delighted with how the Galaxy are performing in the Barclays Premier League, they have quickly become a force in the league and have got some good results against all the teams in the league.

Carling Cup - We are slightly dissapointed with the progress the Galaxy have made in their competition as we believe they should have targeted the Carling Cup as a competition to win and in our opinion they didn't show evidence of this by turning out weaker teams then they did in the league.

FA Cup - Hasn't started yet but the FA would like to see a good cup run from the Galaxy that sees them progress to at least the Semi finals.

Los Angeles Galaxy Squad Recruitment

The FA are delighted that the LA Galaxy have stuck to their promises about only signing home grown players from both the UK and USA. Many players they have signed have show real signs of progress under the watchful eye of David Beckham and the Galaxys backroom staff. We believe that the Galaxys plans to sign young players at cheap prices is also pleasing and would like to encourage them to continue this method of player recruitment.

Plans For The Future

So far this season we have seen the Galaxy play a Barclays Premier League game against Blackburn Rovers in the USA and are pleased to say that it was huge success. The Galaxy clearly did all they could to take the game of football to the States and hope that they continue to play matches there in the future. The Galaxy have said that they plan to build a soccer school in the USA to improve the quality of young players coming from America for the national team as well as the Los Angeles Galaxy.

In the future the Galaxy intend to continue to play matches in the USA along with tours and these matches will be played across the whole of America to try and take the game to a much larger population of people. In doing this the plans are to build stronger relationships with the USA and improve the standards of the MLS and the USA national team.

Other Aspects of brand LA Galaxy

The attendences at Twickenham for the LA Galaxy have been better then expected and we think the numbers at Twickenham will only continue to rise as the Galaxys brand grows in the UK. With crowds of around 50,000 on average turning up to watch them making them among the best supported clubs in both the UK and Europe, the Galaxy have seen a sell out crows against Arsenal and we are proud to say that the match experience matched the performance of the fans.

So far the Galaxys fiances have been very good and they have kept the wages down fantastically, Mr Ellis as far as we are aware is yet to invest any capital into the club since his takeover in the summer and this is a credit to Mr Kenyon on a stunning job he is doing on a day to day basis. We would like to strongly encourage the Galaxy to continue this trend of being financially sound in the future and to not spend beyond their revenue.

Conclusion

Overall we are delighted with how the Galaxy are progressing in the Barclays Premier League and are excited to see how the second half of the season unfolds and if the Galaxy can better their position in the league.

I will be posting the January update shortly as well as a transfer update. keep commenting guys to let me know your following :)