The Arsenal Thread

Harsh lesson for Leeds in not taking chances.

The less said about Taylor's 'display' the better. Although that said, his bog-standard VERY questionable lax officiating did lead to a real competitive Cup-tie with Leeds giving a real good account of themselves.

Enjoyable watch.

True, this has been our issue for the second season. Not so bad as last year. That's why we had Nketiah but he had not the skills to support team as Bamford does. It is hard to find someone who could offer both sides, especially while you are in champs. That's why I am still hoping we rather loan than buy a striker as our option will be bigger when the promotion comes.

Cheers!

Same situation as United, they fired Wenger far too late after he was way past his expiration date and out of touch with modern football. Left behind an unbalanced squad, followed by managerial carousel and instead of building up they are always rebuilding with no end in sight.

Same situation as United, they fired Wenger far too late after he was way past his expiration date and out of touch with modern football. Left behind an unbalanced squad, followed by managerial carousel and instead of building up they are always rebuilding with no end in sight.
Nothing like Utd and Fergie wasn’t past his expiration date he just won the league. And left Moyes with a good squad and great back room staff.

Problem was Gill left exactly the same time leaving us with Ed in charge of the football side of things. And Moyes was never ready for the job then piled misery on himself upsetting all the experienced players at the club. And firing nearly all the back room staff and top class coaches.

All the Arsenal narking and fume over Wenger 'just'' consistently making top 4 year-on-year .....

Doesn't look too shabby now they're a consistent mid-table side of little relevance to having a say in anything now he's no longer there.

All the Arsenal narking and fume over Wenger 'just'' consistently making top 4 year-on-year .....

Doesn't look too shabby now they're a consistent mid-table side of little relevance to having a say in anything now he's no longer there.
They thought the Wenger top 4 was the real banter years... boy, I wonder what this era is then lool.

They thought the Wenger top 4 was the real banter years... boy, I wonder what this era is then lool.

Premier League was much weaker in the top 4 meme era. You couldn't keep a PL club out of CL final for a while, then nothing for nearly a decade between Chelsea winning and Pool making the final. The 'golden generation' retiring, new generation was nowhere as good. And he still only made 4 place and won some tin pot trophies.

But now, City with Guardiola, Liverpool with Klopp, Leicester, Wolves and Spurs having huge ambitions, Everton also waiting on the sidelines, talented English players coming through again

If Wenger couldn't hack it then, he wouldn't hack it now either.

Premier League was much weaker in the top 4 meme era. You couldn't keep a PL club out of CL final for a while, then nothing for nearly a decade between Chelsea winning and Pool making the final. The 'golden generation' retiring, new generation was nowhere as good. And he still only made 4 place and won some tin pot trophies.

But now, City with Guardiola, Liverpool with Klopp, Leicester, Wolves and Spurs having huge ambitions, Everton also waiting on the sidelines, talented English players coming through again

I can't really disagree with anything you said. The fact that Wenger and his stubborn nature not to invest in his side cost them the league against ******* Leicester says alot.

I was going to argue the contrary on this league being far from strong now until you described the FA Cup as a 'tin pot trophy.'

You lost me at that mate.

I was going to argue the contrary on this league being far from strong now until you described the FA Cup as a 'tin pot trophy.'

I know fans especially the older generation (Yes I just called you old Scouse im sorry) consider it a prestigious trophy but unfortunately with the news that the top 7 won't even participate in the league cup next season, it just shows the way football is going and the fact that domestic cups are seen as a hassle and something unnecessary by the top sides.

Fine, it's the oldest tin pot trophy so let's call it the best out of tin pot trophies, you happy now? :D

Seriously though, national cups are the last priority for every club in every league. Viewership of the games is low until the semis, it's cool to win it but no one is too bothered if they don't win it. The only interesting thing about these competitions is when a top division team gets busted by a 3rd division club once every 5 years.