The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
****** at both, just more at the player.

Dont understand not chasing Martin either. Then again i dont understand any on Wenger's dealing this window

Wenger and staff don't think Martin is ready to move yet.

Hazard deal being off has nothing to do with Park - negotiations happen in football; you get gazumped by bigger and better teams. Don't think there's any hard feelings there tbh. Hazard was never going to come.

And tbf Mike - we've done our business late, and we've missed out on two or three good players, but most of the signings we HAVE made have been solid.

Hazard deal being off has nothing to do with Park - negotiations happen in football; you get gazumped by bigger and better teams. Don't think there's any hard feelings there tbh. Hazard was never going to come.

And tbf Mike - we've done our business late, and we've missed out on two or three good players, but most of the signings we HAVE made have been solid.

True. Do like the looks of Gervinho. Going to be an excellent player in the Prem imo

Hmmm. Duncan Castles from The Times say personal terms are what made the Arteta deal fall through. Do Everton have a high wage bill?

Really hope this is all a bad dream and Yossi Benayoun doesn't turn up in an Arsenal shirt. Why, oh why.

Wahey. Look forward to seeing Benayoun in an Arsenal shirt. :P

Hmmm. Duncan Castles from The Times say personal terms are what made the Arteta deal fall through. Do Everton have a high wage bill?

erm........you have no idea how high. 50-odd% percent of the total turnover of the club or something.

Never said it solely was, although Lille are seriously unhappy let's be clear on that. It's also to do with the fact you also stole the likely wide replacement. Add that t the fact that Lille were less inclined to sell, and it kills the deal

****** at both, just more at the player.

Dont understand not chasing Martin either. Then again i dont understand any on Wenger's dealing this window

I believe Martin's cup-tied and has been overlooked in favor of other targets so far, but if Benayoun's arrival would be on loan I can see Martin joining Arsenal in the near future.

Who cares if he's cuptied? We'll be in the Europa league sooner than you can say Mertesacker if we don't sort it out.

Also solid, when they could have been excellent. Got no real problem with the Tree or Santos, but getting Yossi when you could and should have had Mata... Diabolical. Arsing about over Nasri, and letting overshadow the start of the season? Insane.

The tree could have been bought two months ago, and had all of pre season to settle him, something that makes a big deal.

anyway, hoping another arshavin style deal might happen. late in to the window [we win]. XD

Never said it solely was, although Lille are seriously unhappy let's be clear on that. It's also to do with the fact you also stole the likely wide replacement. Add that t the fact that Lille were less inclined to sell, and it kills the deal

As I said - that's how negotiations work. They might be a little bitter but I seriously doubt that they were so cut up about it they killed the deal. Park wouldn't have been Hazard's replacment - more like Gervinho's. Anyway, irrelevant because it never would have happened this season.

On Yossi - good player, but not at all what we need. He's more of a wide player than a central playmaker IMO. Really Really Really hope we go back for Arteta. Wenger said we need a midfielder, so let's ******* sign one.

As I said - that's how negotiations work. They might be a little bitter but I seriously doubt that they were so cut up about it they killed the deal. Park wouldn't have been Hazard's replacment - more like Gervinho's. Anyway, irrelevant because it never would have happened this season.

On Yossi - good player, but not at all what we need. He's more of a wide player than a central playmaker IMO. Really Really Really hope we go back for Arteta. Wenger said we need a midfielder, so let's ******* sign one.

Payet was Gervinho's replacement.

Back