The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Ah right. Fair enough...

Matt Law from the Express says the deal is "very much off as we speak".

WHY ARSENE WHY?

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

BUGGERY. Now everyone's saying Arteta deal is off.

#spendsomefuckingmoneyonfuckingarteta

That's what happens when a manager waits til last minute before realising they need quality. If he did it sooner, it may have been different.

Can now breath a huge sigh of relief. Just aged about 5 years after that

Because you're replacing Cesc Fabregas (a world class player) with Yossi Benayoun (an "ok player" in your words).. If Wenger is ever going to spend the money, he needs to spend it big on a Cesc replacement.

why are people hating on yossi?

ok player
he's good alright. but i reckon we look at other targets.

i liked him at a liverpool shirt. but he was full of injures when he came to Chelsea

This is the thig i dont get, the window is rapidly closing, you badly need players. Arsenal are in no position to penny pinch, or even have a decent hand in negotiating

I think it would take 2 extraordinary signings to make Arsenal a better side coming out of this transfer window than they where going into it tbh, as Nasri and Fabregas where world class players. Mertesacker and Santos will fill gaps in the defence, and Park will hopefully relieve some pressure of RVP, but the midfield is considerably weaker, unless we bring in someone of at least close to Nasri or Fabregas' quality, we are still gonna struggle to retain our champions league place, and once we lose that we don't exactly have a endless transfer budget like Man City did to attract players to get it back.

I think it would take 2 extraordinary signings to make Arsenal a better side coming out of this transfer window than they where going into it tbh, as Nasri and Fabregas where world class players. Mertesacker and Santos will fill gaps in the defence, and Park will hopefully relieve some pressure of RVP, but the midfield is considerably weaker, unless we bring in someone of at least close to Nasri or Fabregas' quality, we are still gonna struggle to retain our champions league place, and once we lose that we don't exactly have a endless transfer budget like Man City did to attract players to get it back.

We have 70 odd million in the bank. Money isn't the problem.

This is the thig i dont get, the window is rapidly closing, you badly need players. Arsenal are in no position to penny pinch, or even have a decent hand in negotiating

Beyond belief tbh. I have tonnes of respect for Wenger but this window lately.........absolutely taking the michael. He should've realised that offering £15 million for Mikel would've worked-every hour that passes each player value will increase based on ability/quality. It's obvious to even the most dim witted person

Yossi and Arteta should never be seen wearing an Arsenal shirt. Just splash the **** cash and get Hazard. ****, get his younger brother.

WTF is this ****. 15m for Arteta? Yes, it's a little over-the-odds, but its ******* deadline day, and we have 50m in the bank. **** me, this ****'s getting embarresing. You'd think we were the ones in the money crisis, not Everton.

We have 70 odd million in the bank. Money isn't the problem.

and that doesnt even count the significant add on available is needed. Really, the more i think about this window, the more i think boardroom dealings have had as big an impact as Wenger's stubborness

Yossi and Arteta should never be seen wearing an Arsenal shirt. Just splash the **** cash and get Hazard. ****, get his younger brother.

Never going to happen after you nicked Park from Lille's grasp

Hazard will never be a arsenal player more then only places he will go is man u real or barca. Maybe man city if the chairmen wants him he will get him the guy is just having fun with his money.

If we sign just Yossi for midfield there will be serious outrage.

Never going to happen after you nicked Park from Lille's grasp

I thought Lille wern't ****** off that much with us, more with the player. Still, can't see us pulling off Hazard in a few hours.

I'll never know why we never even went in for Marvin Martin.

I thought Lille wern't ****** off that much with us, more with the player. Still, can't see us pulling off Hazard in a few hours.

I'll never know why we never even went in for Marvin Martin.

****** at both, just more at the player.

Dont understand not chasing Martin either. Then again i dont understand any on Wenger's dealing this window

Really hope we're just playing hard-ball over Arteta. Would be an excellent signing.

Back