The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arteta deal is totally dead in the water. no last minute deals in the offing

Did make me lol considering the current circumstances.

Anything can happen on the deadline day, hope this deal is sealed.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

That is all.

Wondering if Moyes had a backup plan ready in case he did actually move.

I hope so. Hope he's also taking into consideration fitness problems with Cahill. We lose him, and Arteta gets sold, we're going to be majorly screwed. Fellaini has poor temprament so expect a ban at some point, which leaves Heitinga, Barkley, Osman, Billy....Baxter. If we get injuries at key positions...we're literally going to be at breaking point.

Arteta is holding out for 90,000/week apparently. Come on Arsene, if you're willing to pay Mertesacker 80k surely you can add 10 more for a quality player like Arteta.

Everton have apparently accepted a 10 mill bid. Arteta wants 90k wages.

Just give him it.

EDIT - Arteta handed in transfer request after hearing of Arsenal interest.

I don't like this 'just give in to his demands' attitude.

Look what the policy of appeasement did for Hitler...

That being said, I would like Arteta on, say, 70-80k/week.

Did make me lol considering the current circumstances.

Anything can happen on the deadline day, hope this deal is sealed.

Won't hold it against Arteta if he went there. Just hate the fact it's leaving us in the lurch with virtually no chance of getting somebody else in

Won't hold it against Arteta if he went there. Just hate the fact it's leaving us in the lurch with virtually no chance of getting somebody else in

Indeed, he does deserve his shot at the CL football IMO. But you're not wrong, there is an hour and a half left of the transfer window currently and even if this deal gets done within the next half hour, you'd truly struggle to get someone in on time.

I like Everton as a team but the well-being of Arsenal is the only thing I can care about right now.

I don't like this 'just give in to his demands' attitude.

Look what the policy of appeasement did for Hitler...

That being said, I would like Arteta on, say, 70-80k/week.

A bit of a drastic comparison, isn't it?

I want 90k/week, 2m signing on and I want all jews dead!

=/

How much of the money from Arteta and Beckford will Moyes have to spend?

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Mikel Arteta now happening because he asked to leave Everton after hearing of Arsenal's interest

A bit of a drastic comparison, isn't it?

I want 90k/week, 2m signing on and I want all jews dead!

=/

Was it not clear that my post wasn't genuine? First thing you should know about me is that I'm incredibly sarcastic.

How much of the money from Arteta and Beckford will Moyes have to spend?

Very, very little. If Jagielka sold for £18 million, Moyes would have had £8 million to spend. That's how bad the situation is

Very, very little. If Jagielka sold for £18 million, Moyes would have had £8 million to spend. That's how bad the situation is
Feel for you, I really do.

Not only are you losing one of your best players but your barely going to have the money (or time) to get a worthy replacement.

Back