The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsenal were very lucky to have even drawn both games this week...I guess it's their lucky week.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Wow, your luck is ridiculous or good fortune whatever you like to call it. Not only was it a stonewall penalty denied with Monreal on Valencia last week but also this week as well. Stonewall handball penalty Bournemouth don't get, Monreal involved again.

Very harsh scoreline on Bournemouth that. They've been excellent in a fantastic game of football.

Looking forward to L'pool's game down at Dean Court next Sunday even more now. Should be another great footballing game. Even if I am gutted I'm missing.

Very harsh scoreline on Bournemouth that. They've been excellent in a fantastic game of football.

Looking forward to L'pool's game down at Dean Court next Sunday even more now. Should be another great footballing game. Even if I am gutted I'm missing.

Think Arsenal have had a lot of good fortune this season, putting it kindly.

Think Arsenal have had a lot of good fortune this season, putting it kindly.

Add a win that should never of been at Burnley to the last two league games.

But it tends to even out over a year so they'll probably hit a rough patch soon.

Mata had an open goal to aim at.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk
That chance isn't even scored a tenth of the time. In fact, it was close to the edge of the box. It was a drab match with very few chances created. To put this in persective, there's a 40% chance of scoring a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Elite scoring teams can find a square pass in the penalty area. That doubles your chance of scoring. In fact, PSG create much more against us and we were perhaps lucky not to lose that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgm6I4eYL0s
Wow, your luck is ridiculous or good fortune whatever you like to call it. Not only was it a stonewall penalty denied with Monreal on Valencia last week but also this week as well. Stonewall handball penalty Bournemouth don't get, Monreal involved again.
The ball was hid against his hand from point blank.

You have been really good going forward this season and probably the best attacking team in the league. Though Bournemouth played well, it was tactically suicidal to go gung-ho attack. Chamberlain, Alexis and Walcott exposed them on the counter. 2 of the chances we created were tap ins. We were the superior side.
Add a win that should never of been at Burnley to the last two league games.

But it tends to even out over a year so they'll probably hit a rough patch soon.
It was hard to see how good are attacking play was given that Bournemouth went gung-ho. Admire them all you want for going gung-ho, that's exactly why they lost. Our shot conversion rate on the first 5 games of the season and against PSG/United was unsustainable. It evened itself out like it did towards the end of last season when we couldn't score.

Whether you believe that the rules should have allowed our goal vs Burnley, the goal should have stood according to the rules.

FWIW I don't personally agree that either last week or this should of been a penalty (didn't even feel the Bournemouth penalty that was given was a penalty), although I can see why people would think the other way. But you got away with Burnley.

Bournemouth's luck was evened out today. After having calls for a stonewall rejected against Stoke, they got another today. Watching the first penalty incident, it was as soft as you'll ever see. Wilson and Monreal try to get their body across the ball, so Monreal gets his arm across and Callum Wilson runs into him.

FWIW I don't personally agree that either last week or this should of been a penalty (didn't even feel the Bournemouth penalty that was given was a penalty), although I can see why people would think the other way. But you got away with Burnley.
We did get lucky at Burnley. In fact, looking at our conversion rate, we lucked out our first 5 games of the season. Arsenal vs Liverpool was bizarre. It was no way a 7 goal game in terms of chances created. It was freakish finishing all round.

So top spot, very good game and lucky by PSG.

Will again get a bad draw?
  • Bayern Munich -2013 and 2014 :)
  • Borussia Dortmund or Real Madrid
  • Benfica
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Porto or FC Copenhagen
  • Juventus, Seville or Lyon

Lot depends on games tonight. If Real manage to beat Dortmund and Juve keep their spot we are really well placed for the draw on Monday with probability of 66.7% to draw one of the “easier” teams. I’d prefer Leverkusen, but the most likely is Sevilla if results go the way I think.

Apologies FWIW.

I had you barely making 4th this year. NOBODY can say you aren't serious title contenders now.

It's still tight at the top. Would rule no-one out. If we could get a result away to City next week...

You're at City next weekend yeah? Excellent. At leat one if not two contenders dropping points. (6).

All things being equal you'll breeze past Everton Tuesday. They're in West 'Am free fall. Seriously.

Apologies FWIW.

I had you barely making 4th this year. NOBODY can say you aren't serious title contenders now.

We're not serious title contenders until we get through January unscathed. So far this year is pretty similar to last year, we were top just before or just after Christmas last year and then it went to **** in January when we couldn't hit a barn door.

Back