The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We're not serious title contenders until we get through January unscathed. So far this year is pretty similar to last year, we were top just before or just after Christmas last year and then it went to **** in January when we couldn't hit a barn door.

Don't sell yourself short. When you're top the league in December you're a serious contender.

Im ot saying it will happen but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Arsenal beat Bayern. Just seem a different team this year with a bit more grit and fight, totally surprised me tbh. Sanchez up top is working out great too.

Im ot saying it will happen but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Arsenal beat Bayern. Just seem a different team this year with a bit more grit and fight, totally surprised me tbh. Sanchez up top is working out great too.

To be fair a real competitive Bundesliga for the first time in a long time with Bayern not able to take month chunks off at a time and coast should in theory really sharpen them up for the knock-outs.

I think that's been one of their big shortfalls. Not having enough competitive games pushing them domestically before Europe in recent years. Leaves you unprepared for the higher level under the Champions League lights.

If PSG had a clinical striker, they would've beaten arsenal twice. Just saying...they won't be facing cavani anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Bathetic to raise up you arms after the goal by Özil. If you are in the box, at least try to do something similar to defending.

https://twitter.com/wmformation/status/808796154142007296

I'm absolutely certain he's raised his arms as a 'told ya so' gesture to whoever had him down as marking the central defender who scored the winner vs. us against Swansea last season. Ozil is completely tosh aerially, so whoever - usually captain or goalkeeper - assigned him to mark A. Williams in a corner situation in the last 5 minutes of the game needs a kick up the ****.

Aside from that, I can't believe I missed football training to watch that shower of ****. If Alexis and Ozil want the reported £400k a week to stay here they need to be putting better shifts in than that against teams who have won once in 10 games (despite being unbeaten at home this season). Frustrated would be an understatement.

After Ronaldo laughably winning yet another Ballon d'Or, with Suarez ,who had a far better year not even in the top 3, I'm done with stat comparisons of players right now.

Who should have won it in your opinion Scouse?

Who should have won it in your opinion Scouse?

Suarez if you're going purely on individual achievements. He scored and assisted more than anyone last year.

I get why they gave it Ronaldo with the Champions League and European Championship. But we aren't talking a team award here.

The favouritism makes most all individual football awards completely superfluous these days.

I think they have to somehow stay consistent, they were giving it to Messi based on Barca's achievements, even though Ronaldo was smashing him in the goal charts almost if not every year.

I think they have to somehow stay consistent, they were giving it to Messi based on Barca's achievements, even though Ronaldo was smashing him in the goal charts almost if not every year.

This is why I still think Ribery was robbed of it in 2013 (?) if I remember well. Bayern tore everything appart, and Ribery was simply amazing.
EDIT: Forgot to mention Snejder in 2010 (?). Again, not sure of the year.

It's like FM sometimes. I swear to God, I had JT one year score more goals than Messi ( NO bullshit), and had a higher average rating, and the midget still won by a country mile.

My god, Ozil simply has to do better in bigger games, anonymous against Everton and here against City so far.

Don't understand why they've sat off so deep and invited this second half pressure, it's suicide.

Bad week losing twice from winning and in complete control positions. Particularly Tuesday.

Put it behind you and rebound after Christmas.

Back