The Arsenal Thread

I know fans especially the older generation (Yes I just called you old Scouse im sorry) consider it a prestigious trophy but unfortunately with the news that the top 7 won't even participate in the league cup next season, it just shows the way football is going and the fact that domestic cups are seen as a hassle and something unnecessary by the top sides.

If you don't consider the FA Cup a majorly important trophy aa a Liverpool fan mate I honestly don't know where to start with that.

If you don't consider the FA Cup a majorly important trophy aa a Liverpool fan mate I honestly don't know where to start with that.
I didn't say I don't of course it is. However unfortunately the club and the way Klopp has approached the domestic cup games says otherwise.

I didn't say I don't of course it is. However unfortunately the club and the way Klopp has approached the domestic cup games says otherwise.

I couldn't give a flying F how any football club wants to denigrate the domestic cups.

Football 'fans', however, is a totally different issue that I'll never understand.

And any Liverpool 'fan' that doesn't understand just what the FA Cup means to the club and City is not a L'pool fan worth your time of day.

I couldn't give a flying F how any football club wants to denigrate the domestic cups.

Football 'fans', however, is a totally different issue that I'll never understand.

And any Liverpool 'fan' that doesn't understand just what the FA Cup means to the club and City is not a L'pool fan worth your time of day.
Unfortunately in the era of instant gratification. A prestigious trophy such as the FA Cup and its meaning is lost on fans who don't know how the foundations of Liverpool that Shankly built began with the FA Cup and what it meant to the city.

Unfortunately in the era of instant gratification. A prestigious trophy such as the FA Cup and its meaning is lost on fans who don't know how the foundations of Liverpool that Shankly built began with the FA Cup and what it meant to the city.

Aside from how important the Cup has always been here, there should be 96 reasons why the FA Cup would always be inextricably tied to the football club and remain MAJORLY important to any Liverpool fan.

So again, anyone claiming to be a Red who has no regard for the Cup isn't worth your time of day.

If it's such a massive trophy, why the winners qualify to Europa League to face Sparta Prague and Malmo FC, instead of qualifying to Champions League to face Juventus and Barcelona?

Back when Cup Winners Cup was a thing and worlds best team routinely played there, national cups were serious trophy. Now it's a kind of trophy managers don't really care about unless everything else in the season went badly and they need to appease the fans with something.

Players/managers mostly say it’s still a prestigious trophy they would all love to win.

Yeah and then they rest half the squad in cup games.

If it's such a massive trophy, why the winners qualify to Europa League to face Sparta Prague and Malmo FC, instead of qualifying to Champions League to face Juventus and Barcelona?

Back when Cup Winners Cup was a thing and worlds best team routinely played there, national cups were serious trophy. Now it's a kind of trophy managers don't really care about unless everything else in the season went badly and they need to appease the fans with something.

Yeah and then they rest half the squad in cup games.
We have played a strong team pretty much all season including the cups

Fine, it's the oldest tin pot trophy so let's call it the best out of tin pot trophies, you happy now? :D

Seriously though, national cups are the last priority for every club in every league. Viewership of the games is low until the semis, it's cool to win it but no one is too bothered if they don't win it. The only interesting thing about these competitions is when a top division team gets busted by a 3rd division club once every 5 years.
Sad truth unfortunately. You only have to see how the top side management treat the domestic cups.

Ouch!! **** that’s bad hope Leno recovers soon
Arsenal is cursed didn't there no CB that Mari fella play like 200 consecutive games or something and never get injured. Only to sign for Arsenal and looks like he is out for a couple of months.

Arsenal is cursed didn't there no CB that Mari fella play like 200 consecutive games or something and never get injured. Only to sign for Arsenal and looks like he is out for a couple of months.
3 serious injuries in 2 games since project restart all key players to

Poor Arteta having to build his defence around this lot

Arsenal

✔@Arsenal

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1275693011863777281

✍️
One-year deal for @DavidLuiz_4
✍️
Long-term deal for @PabloMV5
✍️
Long-term deal for @OficialCedric
✍️