The Art of Football - Made in Florence

Good man, hopefully you'll be able to win the league this time! One question for you - You seen any good Russians on there? ;)

Maybe, im living in fear because this time last season we were in a great position aswell, only for a terrible run of a few games in Febuary/March took us off the pace. Hopefully now Cardozo dosent let up in his goal-scoring frenzy lol.

Unfortunatly I dont think many Russians play in Italy XD, if you were any other Russian club I would say the likes of Dzagoev an Akinfeev but you already have them :S.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:41 PM ----------

28qpsy.jpg

Man Utd come out on top

837958795-soccer-barclays-premier-league-west-bromwich-albion-v-manchester-united.jpg

Fiorentina 0-1 Manchester Untied

Sebastien Frey's Own Goal has given the Red Devils a crucial away goal to take back to Old Trafford in two weeks time. Man of the Match Zoran Tosic claimed the goal at the time, after his cross Dainelli failed to deal with and it hit off the crossbar and boucned back off Frey and in to the goal. The goal has since been awarded as a own goal to Frey. The Red Devils were the better team and La Viola need to buckle up their ideas if they hope to progress to the Quarter Finals.
r
Man of the Match: Zoran Tosic (Manchester United)

Attendance: 46482

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

La Viola's 36-game run finishes

Javier-Pastore-Matias-De--001.jpg

Fiorentina 1-2 Palermo

Argentinian Javier Pastore was the man responsible for ending Fiorentina's record 36-game unbeaten league run last night. Scoring a brace for victory to Palermo at the Artemio Franchi. La Viola were poor all over the park and despite having a perfectly good goal by Cardozo ruled out for offside, were the poorer side on the night.

Man of the Match: Javier Pastore (Palermo)

Attendance: 38775

A/N: Im scared now, the same time last season we fell apart aswell. Going to ring the changes for the next game, Ibisevic and Carlos Eduardo are back from long-term injuries and hopefully they can rescue me!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:39 PM ----------

28qpsy.jpg

Fiorentina progress after extra time battle

article-0-0232CAE8000005DC-516_468x502.jpg

Manchester United 0-2 Fiorentina (After Extra Time) Fiorentina win 2-1 on Aggregate

Fiorentina progress to face Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the Champions League after a extra-time win over the Red Devils in Manchester last night.

Fiorentina played a more attacking system at Old Trafford, playing the duo of Oscar Cardozo and Vedad Ibisevic up front, while Manchester United stuck with the same line-up that had won them the game in Florence a fortnight ago.

The teams batttled for a hour, both having chances but failing to convert them. Joseba Llorente came on for the poor Ibisevic and immediatley had a impact. The wonderful Carlos Eduardo took the ball by Wes Brown and played it through to Llorente and the Basque finished by Foster.

Extra-time was a dog fight. Both teams slugging it out against each other. Dimitar Berbatov thought he put his team ahead, only for it to be ruled out questionably offside. Replays shown that Nicolas Otamendi was keeping the Bulgarian onside. Joseba Llorente popped up again to score after Cardozo knocked the ball on and he beat the on-rushing Foster to score the winner for La Viola.

Attendance: 74,308

Man Of The Match: Joseba Llorente (Fiorentina)

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Its official, I have no followers. So im not wirting anymore updates for the time being as nobody seems to have a intrest in it. If any of you who actually follow the story please speak up now and say it because im not writing these updates if there isnt any.. This is my fourth post in a row on this thread XD.

Last edited:
ah
im still following lol
keep writing mate, I still wanna know whats going down in fiorentina.
im only following 2 stories really and this was one of them, so pleeease carry on!

Please keep writing mate, I am following your story and enjoying it.
I am also managing Fiorentina so it is nice to read about someone else's experience.

Wow, well what you asked for you will get :D

Febuary/March

logoseriea_m.jpg

AC Milan 0-1 Fiorentina
Dario Dainelli

Napoli 0-2 Fiorentina
Juan Manuel Vargas
Oscar Cardozo

Fiorentina 1-2 Palermo
Javier Pastore x2
Oscar Cardozo

Fiorentina 2-1 Bari
Oscar Cardozo x2
Andrea Masiello

Fiorentina 1-1 Juventus
Dario Dainelli
Almen Abdi

Ascoli 0-1 Fiorentina
Dario Dainelli

Fiorentina 1-0 Siena
Vedad Ibisevic

Roma 0-2 Fiorentina
Carlos Eduardo x2

2n07fyb.jpg

250px-uefa_champions_league_logo_2svg.png

(1st K/O Round 1st Leg) Fiorentina 0-1 Manchester United
Sebastien Frey O.G

(1st K/O Round 2nd Leg) Manchester United 0-2 Fiorentina (After Extra-Time)
Joseba Llorente

(1/4 Final 1st Leg) Real Madrid 1-0 Fiorentina
Frank Ribery

logo_coppa_italia.gif

(Semi-Final 1st Leg) Fiorentina 2-1 Lazio
Arda Turan x2
Mauro Zarate

(Semi-Final 2nd Leg) Lazio 1-2 Fiorentina
Goran Pandev
Cristiano Zanetti
Vedad Ibisevic

Player of the Month: Oscar Cardozo

alessandro.jpg

Best Peice of transfer business I think ive ever done :D

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:34 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

La Viola back to Top form

340x.jpg

Fiorentina 3-0 Cagliari

Fiorentina's sintilating first half display gave them a comfortable win in Florence last night. Goal-Scoring defender Dario Dainelli gave them the lead with a corner after 10 minutes. A wonderful piece of Creativity from 33-year old vetran Cristiano Zanetti found Monotolivo who beat the offside trap and had a easy finish. The final goal of the game was a screamer from 30 yards from £15M Left-Back Salvatore Bocchetii.

Attendance: 35107

Man of the Match: Salvatore Bocchetii (Fiorentina)

Last edited:
Read a bit of the start and it's great! Will catch up when I get time! I'm following

hey wow, hopefully you can get back at real madrid for that defeat.
and oscar is a quality signing
been getting my scouts in at chelsea.

love fiorentina, il follow as time allows! keep up the good work and dont be afraid to go for broke. win that league!!

follow me as i aim to beat off bordeaux and lyon with the mighty marseille!! its title oui oui!! a french legacy!

js0ys6.jpg

ITS FIORENTINA'S TO LOSE

art.inter.gi.jpg

Inter Milan 2-3 Fiorentina

Fiorentina have taken a huge step to winning the Serie A after a inspirational comeback against Inter Milan at the San Siro on Sunday Evening. La Viola seemed to have all the odds against them, with Ricardo Montolivo, Oscar Cardozo and Arda Turan all missing through Suspension.

Wesley Sneijder gave the Home side the lead with a fantastic goal from nearly 35 yards and a lay-off from Maicon. After Half-Time Inter were cruising and Dejan Stankovic looked like he had won Inter the game with a driven shot by the helpless Frey.

Only 3 minutes later however, La Viola were given hope. As Vargas rose above Macion at the back post to header in from Di Maria's great cross from the right. Like against Manchester Untied, Joseba Llorente came on after the hour mark for Zanetti, as shootie seemed to go for a more attacking approach with 2 strikers. With 10 minutes to go, after a nice one-two by Di Maria to Carlos Eduardo the Brazillian played a fantastic ball to Llorente who timed his run to perfection and finished.

A matter of minutes later Lucio put Cesar under needless pressure with a backpass with Llorente chased down. Cesar rushed his clearance only for it to go straight to Angelo Palombo who immediatley played it back in to the now on-side Llorente whos finishing was clinical. La Viola are now 4 points ahead of their rivals with 3 games remaining.

Attendance: 65783

Man of the Match: Joseba Llorente (Fiorentina)

A/N: I loved this game, I resigned myself to defeat after they scored the second and I decided to just go all out and bring on another Striker. And what a decsion it was! Was a bit lucky with Cesar's mistake but it makes up for Frey's stupid one earlier on in the season aswell!

Last edited:
Quality result against the seemingly unbeatable Inter, hopefully you can now claim the league, one more win will do it I reckon. :)

Just read through the whole story. Very nice and detailed match reports! Keep it going

Fantastic stuff mate

Dont get disheartened as my Liverpool story was updated three times in a row last night and I did not get one comment.

It is a bit annoying but you gotta plug on!

Keep it up!!!

Next Season you will be able to see every goal I score!!!! I will record them and put them on youtube and include them of my monthly update.

Last edited:
whey, this sounds fantastic mate.
that's such a good result against inter, wish I could have done that last season ;)
you're doing a brill job here, think you could help me with gourcuff..? he's playing shitteee :( lol
and how are you doing the youtube videos, I'd love to do that.

whey, this sounds fantastic mate.
that's such a good result against inter, wish I could have done that last season ;)
you're doing a brill job here, think you could help me with gourcuff..? he's playing shitteee :( lol
and how are you doing the youtube videos, I'd love to do that.

It worked yeah, however it caused my computer and my game a great deal of lag. And untill I can get a good recording software with hardly any lag its on ice. But it shouldnt be too much hassle to find a new one :D

As for Gourcuff, what settings are you playing him as atm? (Write in your thread or PM me (H) )

Ok here is my first attempt at a video. This is the match vs Reggina (game after Inter game), I havent played FM since the Inter game as Ive been very busy lately.

Tell me what you think XD not bad for a novice I reckon.

Fiorentina vs Reggina

Goalscorers:

1st Goal: Oscar Cardozo

2nd Goal: Angelo Palombo

Song: DJ Earworm, Blame it on the pop

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:29 PM ----------

Despite many new options for writing newpaper/website layouts I will write in my old style for a while yet. As I quite like it XD.

js0ys6.jpg

Fiorentina retain cup

juan-vargas-2009-8-18-15-12-19.jpg

Fiorentina 2-1 Inter Milan (After Extra Time, 90 Mins score: 1-1)

Fiorentina have retained the Coppa Italia are now look on course for a Domestic double after beating Inter at the Stadio Olimpico last night.

Inter took the lead after Make-Shift defender Angelo Palombo fouled Mario Balotelli in the area, and Sulley Muntari converted the penalty. Inter continued to press and found themselves 1-0 ahead going into Half-Time.

Inter picked off from where they left in the 1st half and continued to pressure the Viola goal. Samuel Eto bringing a fantastic save from Sebastien Frey. The turning point came in the second half when Diego Milito was shown a Straight red card after hitting out at Dario Dainelli. The Argentinian had been subject to many fouls during the game and it is thought that his fustration had boiled over.

Fiorentina now pressed on and made their pressure count when a corner whipped in by Ricardo Montolivo found Salvatore Bocchetti at the back post, who hit it back across goal and smashed off Julio Cesar's back and into the back of the net.

Extra-Time was to decide this game, and a extra man proved to much for the 10 tired Inter Milan players in extra time, who were forced to sit back.

Fresh super sub Joseba Llorente proved vital again as he ran the Inter defence ragid and Inter went down to 9 men when Muntari was sent off for a second bookable offence on the Basque, then from the resulting free kick Bocchetti crosses it into the near post where 2nd Half Substitute Juan Manuel Vargas rose above Julio Cesar and Lee Wallace to get a nod on the ball and into the back of the net despite a galliant effort from Walter Samuel to clear it off the line.

Fiorentina held on for a historic Retainment and one half of the double is complete.

Attendance: 81076

Man of the Match: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan)

Coppa Italia final Fiorentina vs Inter Milan - The goals

End of season coming up soon

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:38 PM ----------

js0ys6.jpg

Fiorentina are champions

_44474694_fiorentina203.jpg

Fiorentina 2-0 Brescia

Inter Milan's 5 year Empire over Italian football has collapsed following Fiorentina's win over Brescia at the Artemio Franchi last night.

Dario Dainelli scored both the goals from corners as La Viola players, staff and fans all celebrated at the end of the game as Fiorentina captain Dario Dainelli picked up the Serie A throphy at the end of the game and held it aloft to fans. The Goalscoring defender said "I cannot describe what im feeling, two seasons ago I was on my way out of this club. But look where I am now and I have to thank shootie for all of this." The manager himself was unavailible for comment however this win ranks him as the best Irish manager of all time.

Its not all fun and games yet for Fiorentina as they travel to Atalanta on the final day of the season.

Man of the Match: Dario Dainelli

Attendance: 45364

Last edited:
matteee, league and cup double :)
think your videos were a bit better than my one, you've done a cracking job on this story, and I do hope you carry on going as mine has crashed and burned. haa. keep it up!

Yeah, well done on the double. I got beaten to the double last season by Juventus...:mad:
Just starting my 4th season as manager, also took over as manager of England too, so see how that goes..