The best leagues to load in Football Manager for Newgens [Data Based]

@JohnConnor I read your article, good work mate. I have been a fool and always wondered why my Brazil newgens were so bad in quantity and quality. Turn out that I only chose top clubs from Brazil when I started.

Could you please kindly share your "16 leagues + custom" set up? I believe the setup in fm can be saved in a file. I tried to follow your article but always end up in a 80k database, which is too large for my computer to process.

@JohnConnor I read your article, good work mate. I have been a fool and always wondered why my Brazil newgens were so bad in quantity and quality. Turn out that I only chose top clubs from Brazil when I started.

Could you please kindly share your "16 leagues + custom" set up? I believe the setup in fm can be saved in a file. I tried to follow your article but always end up in a 80k database, which is too large for my computer to process.

You should still be getting good newgens from Brazil with just the top clubs loaded.. here is the raw Brazil data:

Brazil Div 1 - Palmeiras 127-131 PA, Flamengo 135 PA, Gremio 109-124 PA, Corinthians 123-126 PA, Sao Paulo 142-149 PA, Santos 105 PA, Cruzeiro 138-140 PA, Internacional 114 PA, Atletico Mineiro 115 PA, Botafogo 104-105 PA, Athletico Paranaense 121 PA, Fluminense 120 PA, Vasco 126 PA, Sport 110-112 PA, Chapecoense 85, Bahia 104-113 PA, Goias 90-109 PA, Coritiba 99-123 PA, Ponte Preta 77 PA, Criciuma 111 PA

Brazil Div 2 - Coritiba 122-127 PA, Chapecoense 113 PA, Avai 97-102 PA, America (MG) 108 PA, Ceara 110 PA, CSA 93 PA, Figueirense 112 PA, Criciuma 85 PA, Guarani 81-84 PA, Parana 99 PA, Atletico Goianiense 110-122 PA, Paysandu 101-111 PA, Juventude 118 PA, Oeste 83-103 PA, Brasil de Pelotas 112-120 PA, Operario (PR) 53-102 PA, Sao Bento (SP) 125 PA, Botafogo (PB) 104 PA, Cuiaba 108-113 PA, Tombense 104 PA

Where two figures are given, add and divide by 2 to give the median. You'll notice there's some overlap in clubs, don't know if this is because relegation/promotion happened or a quirk of how the Brazilian system works, but presumably the former. Note also that individual clubs can be -/+ ~10-15 PA off their real average.. need at least 5 samples to get a good idea of a club's real average median PA. Taken all together though, it gives you a pretty solid idea of how good the division itself is.

As for my custom setup, that's actually an edited DB, where I've meticulously edited it down to ~78,000 players. I plan on releasing the complete list of steps to creating this sometime, but it's very time consuming process to follow anyway.. plus it negates the use of a 'custom setup'. I recommend loading just the key leagues such as Germany, France, Portugal, etc. for transfers and general immersion, while using custom setup to load in all international players + players from top division in nations such as Serbia, Czech Republic and whatnot. This gives you newgens from these countries with minimal extra processing time, which is all one would want to load these nations for in most cases. You still only want to do this for a few select nations, because more players loaded will still increase processing time and bloat your filesize.

Here are some results from other nations which might interest some people:

Belarus Div 1 - BATE 89 PA, Shakhter Soligorsk 90 PA, Dinamo Brest 82 PA, Dinamo Minsk 84-87 PA, Torpedo Zhodino 65-66 PA, Vitebsk 74-89 PA

Israel Div 1 - Hapoel Be'er-Sheva 84-85 PA, Maccabi Tel-Aviv 109-119 PA, Maccabi Haifa 108-113 PA, Beitar Jerusalem 104 PA, Hapoel Tel-Aviv 106 PA, Maccabi Netanya 98 PA, Bnei Yehuda 84-92 PA

Wales Div 1 - TNS 72 PA (Note: Mostly English nationality), Connah's Quay 67-69 PA, Bala 58 PA, Cefn Druids 49 PA, Cardiff Met Uni 69-73 PA, Llandudno 57 PA, Barry 67-68 PA, Caernarfon 49 PA

Indonesia Div 1 - Persija 68-69 PA, Bali United 65-66 PA, Persib 62 PA

Yup - that's me. Will definitely change the way I set up games in the future. For a game that's already started, presumably the only way to increase newgens is to add playable leagues then...grrrrrrr

Really interesting reading this thread!

I was wondering if anyone was having issues with a lack of regens loading in their game in this year's version? It looks like that unless you add the league as playable, youth intakes don't occur in countries and this is resulting in the total player count decreasing over time in long terms saves. It's been mentioned by quite a lot of people on the forums here https://community.sigames.com/topic/540758-should-i-carry-on-with-my-save-youth-intake-problems/ and here https://community.sigames.com/topic...-massive-reduction-of-real-players-over-time/

I'm one of the many FM players on potato computers but love playing long term saves and scouting regens all over the world, so this is a pretty big problem for me! I tend to load only 1 or 2 countries as 'playable' with the rest on view only (I also load 'players from clubs in continental competition' in Europe to avoid playing against a load of greyed out players in the early rounds of European competitions.)

Correct. If you do not force load players by setting up the database then you get grey players. Force loading players is the key. It can only be done before you start your save when setting up the database. That is why its so important. It is also why it is so overlooked.

So many fm users miss this. Honestly SI does an awful job hiding the custom database options. It should be in a drop down just like playable/viewable should be an option in there viewable + players. It is one of the few areas where the user interface is a complete miss.

If you want say the Ivory Coast to have newgens the only way is to force load players at the nation/region/continent level. And they don't even have a league in FM.
Let's use Belgium as an example now. IF Belgium is view only then you will get grey players even though it is a big European nation. However is you force load Belgium in the player database they will have 100% of their players and full newgens the entire save even on view only or even if you dont load the league they still get all their players forever.
How do you force load nations?

How do you force load nations?

When you are setting up a new game it under custom database options. You can load players by different sorts of criteria. Nations, Regions, Continents and even leagues. Then each of those groupings have further sub choices.

Example you could load players from all Tier 1 and Tier 2 European Nations if you wanted without actually making those leagues playable. If you compare the 2 loading players is much faster when comparing the same amount of nations.

The only reason to make other leagues/nations playable is because you want to manage in those leagues/nations. Making them playable the matches have to be simmed. While just loading players the matches do not take up sim speed. It's still the same amount of players either way but you get improved sim speed because the matches aren't put through the engine. It's just auto resulted.

Example you Make Italy Tier 1 playable compared to just loading Italy Tier 1 players. The later will always be faster. Its exactly the same player count but no simmed matches. Talking outside your league that you are playing here.