- Otmarr Hietzfeld
- Giovanni Trapattoni
- Brian Clough.
- Bob Paisley
- Valeri Lobanovskiy
- Miguel Munoz
- Jose Mourinho
- Jock Stein

But I voted for Cruyff since his influence was bigger than the prices he won (Trophies 1 Champions League; 2 Cup Winners Cups; 4 Spanish titles, 3 domestic cups) and because I am Dutch like he is.

I was hoping someone would vote for cruyff for that reason, he and Michels have done a great service for how the game should be played. And the dutch in general have done this!

Last edited:
No one but Matt Busby could take a team from the very lowest to the very highest within such a short space of time.

Arrigo Sacchi, last guy to really turn the world around with tactical innovations.

No one but Matt Busby could take a team from the very lowest to the very highest within such a short space of time.

Brian clough with Derby County and Nottingham Forrest? Btw not denying Matt Busby as a great manager.

Its got to be Sir Alex aint it??,

his trophy cabinet speaks for itself..including bringing european glory to aberdeen??

his loyalty to Manchester united?

his record speaks for itself..

I agree about Guardiola being impressive if he brings another CL win to Barca, but we need to see if he can constantly rebuild as Fergie has done :p

I agree about Guardiola being impressive if he brings another CL win to Barca, but we need to see if he can constantly rebuild as Fergie has done :p

Very true, I guess he'll just keep rebuilding his team around Messi.

Jock Stein - Managed the first ever British team to win the european cup, Celtic, who consisted of 11 men from Glasgow. Afterwards went on to win 9 titles in a row.

My head tells me Ferguson, some very good transfers, rebuilding, last manager to break the Old Firm, longevity, etc.

The main thing he lacks in is innovation. He's very good at taking ideas from others, but I'm not sure if he can be credited with a single tactical innovation.

My heart tells me Sacchi for his revolutionary impact on the game.

It's kind of a pity that Otto Rehhagel isn't on the poll, surely he has one of, if not the greatest achievements of any manager?

Without any doubt in my mind and i don't believe you can argue against this, it IS [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rinus Michels by far! Fergie and shankly would be second but they are no where near a tactical genius like michels was with his total football. He turned a semi-pro club into European champions! only person to do this and he will be the last, if it is ever done again it will be because of a tycoon owner and not a tactical genius like michels.

If anyone thinks im wrong; then just google him you will be amazed.
[/FONT]

Without any doubt in my mind and i don't believe you can argue against this, it IS Rinus Michels by far! Fergie and shankly would be second but they are no where near a tactical genius like michels was with his total football. He turned a semi-pro club into European champions! only person to do this and he will be the last, if it is ever done again it will be because of a tycoon owner and not a tactical genius like michels.

If anyone thinks im wrong; then just google him you will be amazed.

Great choice, but would you agree Cruyff played a big part in Ajax's success, sort of like a second manager on the field?