The birth of Bath FC, A bcfc story

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcfc

Shizz has changed...
Reaction score
As you all probably know, I have a Birmingham story currently ongoing but at the moment I am really lacking the motivation to play. I have started this to hopefully re-ignite my love for FM. Excuse that line but I used to be almost obsessed with the game and now I simply cannot be bothered to load up a save. I have experimented with a few formats of story over the past week (DMF knows ;)) I had a different idea planned out but the massive game size really messed up my computer. This came to me whilst trying to read up on what went wrong at Pompey and hopefully it will entertain you. I'll use the 10.0.3 patch and my own tactics.

The birth of Bath FC

4th July 2009

It has been confirmed that Portsmouth Football club's financial problems have finally caused the side to fold. Due to many unpaid debts they were forced to pull out of this years Premier League season last Wednesday and today their chairman realises that without the Premier League sponsorship there would be around 70% less money entering the club, rendering them with nowhere to go. The rumours around the FA is that a decision on who to place as the final team in the league. All of Portsmouth's players have been forced to leave the club without compensation.

10th July 2009

The forming of new Premier League side Bath FC has been announced at today's FA meeting. Bath was formerly the biggest city without a league football side. The rumour is that club chairman David Marcionni has employed over 1,000 staff to build the club a new 35,000 seater stadium in the preseason months. Top of the range youth and training facilities are also being installed. Marcionni is a property tycoon and was recently named England's 7th richest man. The club will have a decent financial backing because of this but he knows that they will be no Manchester City. The club will have to name a manager in the next week to avoid a preliminary league fine. Straightaway they have been named odds on favourites for relegation.

15th July 2009

Bath have controversially announced AC Milan legend Paolo Maldini as manager. He will face a tough job in charge of a club with no history, no support and no squad as of yet. Paolo will have to bring at least 15 players in by the start of August. With no hint on how much is available to him. We're gonna be in for a busy time here. Marcionni has also announced that as a chairman he feels that it's his right to see the club meet the highest peaks it can. 'It is my club and I am not afraid to get stuck in to regain control'. Aswell as Maldini entering as manager, many more legends have been brought to the frame. Alan Shearer, Zinedine Zidane, Carlos Valderrama and Jamie Redknapp have been appointed as team coaches. David Seaman and Fabien Barthez have been also drafted in to work with the goalkeepers.

5th August 2009

The final addition to the squad has been made, it rounds off what in my eyes could be a decent side this year...

Goalkeepers:
David Ospina
Antonio Adan
Joe Lewis

Left backs:
Joe Mattock
Manu

Right backs:
Juan Valera
Steve Finnan

Centre backs:
Mark Beevers
Sol Campbell
Jonas Olsson
Nicolas Otamendi
Fabricio Coloccini

Left midfielders:
Nadir Belhadj
Zoran Tosic
Adam Johnson

Right midfielders:
James O'Shea
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Joaquin

Central midfielders:
Fran Merida
Reto Ziegler
Andrea Poli
David Beckham
Fernando Gago
Fabrice Muamba

Strikers:
Aritz Aduriz
Yannick Djalo
Jake Jervis
Ruud Van Nistelrooy
Lacina Traore
Andy Carroll

The squad has reached a balance of experience and youth and I think it looks like a side that can challenge for a midtable position. The rumour is that Paolo Maldini will be given no extra money to spend before the transfer deadline. The season starts in under a fortnight and now the stadium is built all that is left is for us to get underway. I am also quite impressed that the squad features 10 English players, these days more teams need to look inbound for players. The team is really far better than what I expected, apart from (bar Van Nistelrooy) a pretty inexperienced strikeforce the team as I earlier said has found a good balance. I wish them all my luck for the new season.

Updates soon ;)

Shall be an interesting one. Good luck, shall certainly check back every now and then.

Why thank you Michael ;)

I'm loading it up now ^^)

why dont you play it for six months (in game :p) then write a story ? anyway good luck

Who say's I haven't (H)

Best of luck Josh. Gonna buy Djalo? :p

He's already in XD

Some pretty decent transfers mate. I will follow for sure :)

good luck josh, you better play adam johnson, hes a god

Thanks for the support lads :)

Didn't see that Josh. XD *Slaps head*.

I apologise for not updating tonight but as it's the end of term tomorrow I'll have one for you by 2PM :)

Own clothes ftw.

Haha i love non-uniform days :p
good luck buddy will be following with interest :D

Sorry about the delay ;)

I realised I have one more match to play (A)

Not normally a fan of edited stories but there's been a few about so I like em now :)

Will definatley follow

Thanks Sam :D

Update soon ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.