Howard96

Reaction score
View attachment 236967

Malky Moves

View attachment 236970

Cardiff Cities manager Malky Mackay has moved and resigned from his post one month into his new position. Malky was brought in to rebuild a squad that had been rapidly reduced over the summer and before the season begins he was forced to leave the club and Wales.

Malky had this to say to the press this morning in his resignation press conference. "I am sorry to all of the Cardiff City fans for leaving before things start. I was left with no choice because of family issues that I do not wish to discuss in the press. All I want to stay is that I am leaving Cardiff and Wales to return back to Scotland. This does not meen I am quiting football but a post closer to home seems perfect for me and my family".

Cardiff City will now be looking for their third manager in as many months.

View attachment 236968

View attachment 236972

Who will take Charge?
Here at William Hill we have already sorted the who's from the who not's on who will be the next manager of Cardiff City.

Billy Davies 4/3

View attachment 236980

The former Derby County and Nottingham Forest boss has a track record of success achieving promotion and a place in the play-off's with his previous clubs respectively

Alan Curbishley 5/2

View attachment 236979

The former Charlton and West Ham boss has also won the championship with Charlton but has been out of the game since 2008 however his success at this level is obvious for all to see

Alan Shearer 10/1

View attachment 236981

The former England Captain and Goal scoring machine is believed to be in talks with Cardiff but his lack of managerial experience may put Cardiff off taking the risk

Lee Clark 20/1

View attachment 236978

The former Huddersfield boss knows how to claim play-off places but only in league one, however this young manager has some real character and could be worth an outside punt.

View attachment 236985

Cardiff gone Crazy ?

Cardiff have gone against all odds to sign a relatively unknown manager. Adam Howard has been assigned the role of leading Cardiff to the premier league as soon as he can. He is a manager with no previous managerial experience and was not an overly good professional either. However he is understood to be full of footballing knowledge after watching his managers closely during his playing career.

Howard has been given the initial aim of the board to gain promotion this season but a top six finish may secure him a place next season at the helm of the club. The board at Cardiff are understood to be very enthusiastic towards Howard and believed after just minutes in the same room that he has the presence to inspire any team to win. Cardiff have never reached the top flight of English football so if Howard can achieve this aim he will automatically go down as a legend in the club, But can he do it?

Howard had this to say on the clubs official website. "Today I am proud to announce that I have been chosen as the man to lead Cardiff City forward in their chase for top flight football. After speaking to the Chairman and the rest of the board of what I expected to achieve and the help I need I believe this is an appointment that works well for both parties and I assure you, the fans of Cardiff, that I will make sure I as a manager do not let you and your club down. I look forward to meeting the fans and hopefully putting a smile on their face with some major results".

View attachment 236986

Cardiff make First Signing

View attachment 236987

Cardiff City have today confirmed there first signing of the Adam Howard era at the club. Adam came into the club with a set list of targets and was given roughly one million pounds to spend. Howard was not unhappy with this genorous investment but to get his man he needed more. He spoke to the chairman and managed to convince him to sign Darren Ambrose for the club and the chairman himself took negotiations into his own hands and brought Darren to the club for roughly 1.5 million pounds. It is thought Darren has been purchased to play the number 10 role and this is what he had to say about his move to Wales.

"Cardiff is a club that I believe is going places. I was sceptical when I recieved the call from the Chairman of the club but after sitting down with him I was esured that I would gain large ammounts of playing time and would be part of the team that would bring glory to the club. This club will soon be huge and to be involved in such a movement is very exciting".

i bought darren ambrose on my cardiff save he was amazing and also pawel brozek the striker was great upfront with kenny miller and carlos fierro

View attachment 237037

Pre Season

Managers View

"We have well and truely hit the ground running. I came in expecting my philosophy of football taking time for the players to grasp and for those to gel after Malky made a lot of new signings before he departed. However there was none of this. During the pre-season we went un-defeated and if the season is anything to go by this is going to be one **** of a successful campaign."

Cardiff 4 - 3 QPR

Whittingham , Hudson , Miller , Gerrard

Rochdale 0 - 5 Cardiff

Conway , Cowie (2) , OG , Earnshaw

Bradford 0 - 3 Cardiff

Harris , Earnshaw (2)

Chasetown 0 - 2 Cardiff

Gestede , Carter

West Brom 0 - 1 Cardiff

Keinan

Man UTD (Reserves) 1 - 1 Cardiff

Whittingham

Season Begins

Cardiff 2-0 Watford
(Miller , Whittingham)

"We were fantastic today. Lots of creativity in the middle of the park with lots of cutting edge. A good three points that lifts us to the top of the pile on day one and we hope to stay there but there is a long way to go.

Peter Whittingham striking for the second goal
View attachment 237176

Match Day 2

View attachment 237181
Cardiff 5-0 Barnet
(Cowie , OG , Earnshaw , Keinan , Parkin)

"I gave the boys a chance here that normally do not get into the first team. With no disrespect to Barnet we were huge favourites here and the young boys had a chance to prove their worth and they did not waste it".

Club favourite Earnshaw opening his season account
View attachment 237180

Last edited:
Match Day 3

Birmingham 0-2 Cardiff
(Miller , Gunnarsson)

"I will be honest I told the boys to enjoy this game. They were not favourites here and we all knew it. However the thing that won us this game was the spirit of the dressing room and the belief they have. The players were outstanding today despite a very brave Birmingham fight back".

Aron Gunnarsson Celebrates after scoring penalty
View attachment 237266

View attachment 237277

Miller Suffers Career Killer

Cardiff front man Kenny Miller has been injured for a serious amount of time. Cardiff revealed the following statement just half an hour after their victory over Birmingham.

"We regret to inform that Cardiff City number 9 Kenny Miller has suffered a torn calf muscle. We have not had enough time to establish a full scale report but we do believe he will be out of action for a minimum of 4 months".

Kenny Miller distraught after suffering serious injury
View attachment 237276

Match Day 4

Cardiff 2-0 Millwall
(Conway 2)

"Probably our least convincing performance. We were favourites pre match and after 30 minutes I didn't think we would live up to our expectations but 2 goals from Craig Conway, all be it scrappy goals, sealed a valuable 3 points".

Conway Celebrates scrappy second goal
View attachment 237298

Last edited:
Match Day 5

Coventry 1-4 Cardiff
(Earnshaw 2 , Ambrose , Gestede)

"A Game that we were expected to win and we did not fail to live up to this expectation. We managed 4 goals but the only downside was the missing of a clean sheet but the most important thing was the 3 points and we got them".

Earnshaw Celebrating his brace
View attachment 237529

Match Day 6

View attachment 237531

Notts Co 0-3 Cardiff
(Keinan , Earnshaw , Cowie)

"I once again expected a victory here and gave some of the younger and less experienced players the chance to play and get some important experience and they did me proud".

Keinan and the team celebrating opener
View attachment 237530

Match Day 7

Cardiff 2-1 Nottm Forest
(Earnshaw , Cowie)

"What a tough game this was. I knew it would be before hand it was 1st against 2nd and we came out on top. This is a huge confidence boost to the side as now we believe we can beat anyone".

Earnshaw scores against former club
View attachment 237539

Match Day 8

Doncaster 0-3 Cardiff
(Earnshaw 3)

"It is true, Kenny is the main striker in our squad. However the sign of a great squad is the depth it had and Rob came up with the goods today with an outstanding hat trick to bring all 3 points back home".

Earnshaw flips in celebration
View attachment 237605