The Bluebirds Go Flying High

• Thread starter Thread starter Howard96
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 3K
Match Day 9

Hull 4-2 Cardiff
(Earnshaw 2)

"Our first loss since I have been manager was hard to take. We went to Hull with a game plan but an early goal from Matty Fryatt ruined the plan from the off. Credit goes to Fryatt however as 4 goals in one game is one **** of an achievement".

Matty Fryatt Celebrates his 4th goal of the game for Hull
View attachment 237606

Match Day 10

View attachment 237609

Derby 0-4 Cardiff

(Earnshaw 2 , Turner , Conway)

"After a big loss against Hull I had my fears that the team would get their heads down but thankfully the team did not and we won by a very convincing margin to show the rest of the teams in the tournament, we mean business".

Ben Turner looks to the next round
View attachment 237608

Match Day 11

Cardiff 1-1 Reading
(Whittingham)

"We were poor today. We knew before the game it would not be easy to win against reading but getting something out of the game was essential. When we went 1-0 down I was worried it would be one of those days when things just don't go right for us. However Peter stepped up and proved why he is such a prized asset to us and the club".

Whittingham bending in the equaliser
View attachment 237882

Match Day 12

Middlesbrough 6-1 Cardiff
(Conway)

"We were absolutely dreadful today. We went in at half time 3-1 down and the team had their heads down. I tried to build their confidence but it just became embarrassing and the scoreline has hurt us but has surely hurt the fans even more. I need to take this chance now to say sorry to the fans and promise them that nothing like this will happen again".

Marvin Emnes and team celebrate
View attachment 237883

Match Day 13

Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
(Earnshaw)

"We were totally dominant in this game with only a few chances for them but we had several. Without a doubt we deserved the 3 points and would of had them if it was not down to the Brighton Goalkeeper who was phenomenal from start to finish".

Brighton's goalkeeper holding down the fort
View attachment 237891

Match Day 14

Derby 0-2 Cardiff
(Whittingham , Earnshaw)

"When it reached the hour mark and it was still level I was fearing the worst but a Whittingham penalty followed by a Earnshaw goal straight after set us away on an easy win that should have been sealed sooner".

Whittingham celebrates penalty
View attachment 237892

Match Day 15

Cardiff 4-1 Blackpool
(Earnshaw 3 , Gestede
)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
"Blackpool we know are a very strong side that nearly managed to stop up in the Barclay's Premier League last season and such a convincing win has lifted the confidence in the changing room because now we think if we can gain promotion we will be able to take the Premier League by storm".

Earnshaw asks selection questions for when Miller returns
View attachment 237894

Match Day 16

Peterborough 2-5 Cardiff
(Earnshaw 3 , Ambrose , Cowie)

"We all know that Peterborough are a team that love to attack which means games full of goals. This game was no exception and I spoke to the team before hand of Peterborough's defensive frailties and we exploited them perfectly with Earnshaw scoring 2 hat-tricks in 2 games ".

Earnshaw Gob smacked by form
View attachment 237899

Match Day 17

View attachment 237909

Cardiff 1-2 Everton
(Earnshaw)

"We always knew we were not favourites here and ultimately it was the premier league class of Everton that lost us the game here. Everton came here confident of a win and they did not let themselves or their fans down".

Cardiff Fans with heads in hands
View attachment 237901

Last edited:
Match Day 18

Cardiff 5-0 Ipswich
(Earnshaw 2 , Conway , Whittingham , Gerrard)

"What a performance! We taught Ipswich that despite heartache from our loss in the league cup we still are a top quality side and we will not keep our heads down and will now concentrate fully on the competitions we remain in. We are a confident side that loves to succeed so anything is possible especially with a confident player like Rob leading the line".

Earnshaw streaks ahead of the rest
View attachment 237908

Match Day 19

Crystal Palace 0-4 Cardiff
(Ambrose , Earnshaw , Whittingham , Conway)

"We yet again kept up our goalscoring form with more of the goals shared throughout the team but the opener had to be from out new number 10 Darren Ambrose who scores it against his former club the first time back there. Nevertheless the full team deserves enormous credit for the effort they put in however it wasn't all us they did mount several attacks and also had a penalty saved by the outstanding David Marshall between the sticks".

His Palace days are long gone
View attachment 238220

Match Day 20

Cardiff 1-2 Leicester
(Hudson)

"I gave back-up Goalkeeper Tom Heaton a game to see that he so desperately asked for and I told him before hand that I hope he repays the confidence I have put in him with a good performance and ultimately he cost us the game. He will have to rebuild the trust again now".

Tom Heaton Reflects on Mistake
View attachment 238221

good start man (apart from the middlesbrough game)
Also maybe add the league table in every month :)
will be following and good luck

yeh i need to see league table and some screen shots of scores players squad and so on but this is interesting8-|

Back