The Boxing thread

Yeah fair play to Brook going up to fight GGG, lost but didn't do himself any discredit at all!

I really rate Brook, agree with you that he should be too good for Spence but also the same as you, I've not seen a great deal of him!

Ive just watched some of his fights, awkward southpaw. Keeps his guard low which will suit Brook can bang as well to say how small he is at the weight. Not sure on his chin which Brook will defo test. Brook should just go back to basics and outbox him as he has all the fundamentals to do it. Very intriguing fight even more excited but Brook late stoppage or points for me.

Been watching a bit more of Errol Spence previous fights **** that guy has a sickening body punch. It could be closer a fight than I initially fought. Although Brook would for me comfortably deal with anyone on Spence's record. Gotta outbox him and assert himself from the first bell and not let Spence get some momentum. Brooks power and accuracy in his work will be key here I am even more excited now!

Well done Groves. Looked good always thought he was a level above Chud. Also not impressed with Allen.

Last edited:
This Smith v Zuege fight is dull as anything. Least Smith has shown he can rock him.

Paul Smith hope he retires now. Won't get another chance at a world title. Looks heavy and slow. Still has a bit of power but not enough in the tank to let it go enough. Well and truly dominated on all the cards 11 rounds to one against no one special in Zuege.

Last edited:
McGregor looked so nervous at that presser (as He should).

I'd love Mayweather to toy with him for a good 9 rounds then spark him out

He will put him down in one I'd say.
I'll see what odds I can get on a KO within 60 seconds.

Edit: 33/1 I'm taking that.

Last edited:
Honestly don't think there's any chance of Mc Gregor being KO. It will go 2 ways a huge Mayweather points victory. Or a Mc Gregor win by KO.

The other option is a huge fix and another payday for both ;)

Money used to hit heavy mainly because the is one of the best counter punchers we have ever seen, snap has gone for me yes he dealt with Paquiao but that was what 2 years ago? Manny is looking awful in his last two fights. Mayweather will do what he does best, dance around, jab, tie him up make McGregor look bad using his boxing brain, feinting and counter punching. Conor's only chance is to turn this into a war, he has defo got a chin and will have to take a few to give a few. Possible late knock out for me by Floyd but probably points win by a wide margin. But would absolutely love Conor to win!

I don't know why are people expecting a one-sided fight. Floyd is 40 years old and already retired from competitive sport 2 years ago.

Well that was dissapointing. Did not expect Conor to be THAT outclassed. No power, no stamina, nothing to show for really. All while fighting a retired 40 year old pensioner who had height, size and reach disadvantage.

Moving house this weekend, gutted I won't be able to watch Golovkin vs Canelo :(

Fecking judges in boxing are a disgrace! Really good fight ruined once again. GGG won that fight! Robbed! Box Nation also a big fecking joke. 3rd time now it's not let me purchase the event. Lots of other people had same problem I've been reading. Hope there's a rematch. And the judges don't have another mare!

Not surprised tbh. Thought he would pull out for some reason or another. Frampton fight was class!