The Canaries are Flying High! - A Norwich City Story...

AndrewLFC

Reaction score
*Note: I am using one of LFCMarshall's transfer update.
Breaking News: Norwich Appoint Brewer

Norwich City have appointed manager Andrew Brewer just three days after the sacking of Chris Hughton, BBC Sport understands.

It comes as quite a shock in the football world because Brewer has never played at a level higher than the Sunday-League and has no experience as a manager. Thousands of Norwich fans have been piling up outside Carrow Road venting their anger because they, like most others, were expecting an experienced head to come in and takeover.

Our reporter Ben Wood has met up with Andrew Brewer and he has asked him a few questions:

Wood: So, Andrew, it is a pleasure to meet you. Were you shocked when Norwich told you they were considering appointing you as the Head Coach?

Brewer: Of course I was. Like everybody else I thought they would go for s
omebody who has been there and done it, not a young, inexperienced coach like me. But if I thought that I had no chance of getting the job I wouldn't have submitted my application.

Wood: Fair enough! Obviously Norwich sacked Chris Hughton last week but before he was fired, Chris had brought in seven new faces. Are the new players in your plans and are you thinking of strengthening this Norwich side even more?

Brewer: The players that Chris had brought in will definitely be part of my plans if they impress me in training. If they were not good enough for my team then Chris would never have even thought about signing them. Also, I am most likely going to be adding a few more players before the window ends in two months time and there are three or four players that I am thinking of selling aswell.

Wood: Can you give me any names of the players you want to buy?

Brewer: Well, I wouldn't usually but I will tell you one player. I would be ecstatic if we could bring in that Messi bloke from Barcelona!

Wood: Ha-ha well you do have a sense of humor don't you! Finally, now former captain Grant Holt has gone to Wigan who will be the new captain?

Brewer: Sebastien Bassong will now be Norwich City's captain with Russell Martin as the vice-captain.

View attachment 377386

Pre-Season

The Transfers:

Ins:
Adam Henley - Blackburn - £4.7m
Sylvain Marveaux - Newcastle - £3.2m
Mattia De Sciglio - AC Milan - Loan

Outs:
Jacob Murphy - Charlton - Loan
Leon Barnett - Watford - Loan
Joshua Murphy - Brentford - Loan

Comments: Overall I am delighted with my signings so far, and I still have plenty of time to make some more! De Sciglio will be a good backup for Martin and Marveaux will play as an AMC most of the time but he can also play AML. Adam Henley won't feature much this season but he is definitely one to keep an eye on for the future.

The Friendlies:

4-1 vs Notts County (a)
Hooper, Hoolahan (x2), Becchio

5-0 vs King's Lynn (a)
Marveaux, Tettey, Van Wolfswinkel (x2), Becchio

3-0 vs Lowestoft (a)
Van Wolfswinkel, Hooper, Murphy

1-2 vs Gladbach (h)
Becchio

Comments: Some decent performances but I don't really care about the results and my assistant was in control of the matches anyway.

Last edited:
August & a Busy Deadline Day

Barclays Premier League

1-2 vs Newcastle (h)
Bassong

0-4 vs Everton (a)
None

Capital One Cup 2nd Round

1-0 vs Millwall (h)
Marveaux

Comments: We were unlucky against Newcastle but we were unbelievably poor against Everton! We are going to have to play better than that away from home if we are going to survive (that is my target by the way).

Deadline Day

Ins:
Marvin Sordell - Bolton - Loan

Outs:
Elliott Bennett - Southampton - £3.7m
Jacob Butterfield - Sunderland - £2.8m

Comments: I am happy that I was able to sell Bennett and Butterfield for over £6m in total because they were both not in my plans what so ever. Also, hopefully Sordell will be the next Solskjaer because I want him to be my super sub!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Sebastien Bassong

View attachment 377407

PLEASE READ: Sorry about this but I am already in my second season with Norwich so I can't upload the league table every month. I only decided to write an FM story today which is about a week after I finished the first season. I hope you will enjoy reading this story anyway :)

September

Barclays Premier League

6-0 vs Spurs (h)
Bassong (x2), Pilkington, Doumbia (o.g.) Hoolahan, Redmond

2-2 vs Stoke (a)
Pilkington (x2)

1-1 vs West Ham (a)
Bassong

3-1 vs Southampton (h)
Snodgrass, Marveaux (x2)

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

3-2 a.e.t. vs Hull
Tettey, De Sciglio, Fer

Comments: An unbeaten month is always good and I can't believe I beat Spurs 6-0! Also, Bassong has now scored 4 goals in 5 games in the league! He is definitely leading by example!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Sebastien Bassong (again)

View attachment 377410

October

Barclays Premier League

0-2 vs Man Utd (h)
None

2-1 vs Fulham (a)
Hooper (x2)

5-0 vs Sunderland (a)
Marveaux, Hooper (x3), Howson

Capital One Cup 4th Round

0-4 vs Wolves (a)
None

Comments: 2 wins out of 3 in the league this month isn't bad knowing that our loss was against United. Hooper has been on fire this month aswell! I just can't believe I got battered by a League One team. Well, at least we can focus on the league a bit more now.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:
Gary Hooper

View attachment 377411

November

Barclays Premier League

2-2 vs West Brom (h)
Marveaux, Hooper

0-2 vs Liverpool (h)
None

0-3 vs Arsenal (a)
None

2-2 vs Cardiff (a)
Marveaux, Hooper

Comments: Our first win less month so far saw us throw away a two goal lead against the Baggies and we couldn't score against either of the big boys. Marveaux played excellent though, scoring two goals and setting up one.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Sylvain Marveaux

View attachment 377415

I will be following this, I was torn between Norwich and Villa for my new save as both teams have exciting new signings. I opted for Villa in the end but am looking forward to see how you do here.

Did you play your reserves against the mighty Wolves?

Last edited:
I will be following this, I was torn between Norwich and Villa for my new save as both teams have exciting new signings. I opted for Villa in the end but am looking forward to see how you do here.

Did you play your reserves against the mighty Wolves?
Thanks! Yeah, Villa and Norwich have both done excellent in the transfer market this summer! I only made 4 changes from the team that beat Sunderland 5-0 but I still managed to get hammered!

Thanks! Yeah, Villa and Norwich have both done excellent in the transfer market this summer! I only made 4 changes from the team that beat Sunderland 5-0 but I still managed to get hammered!

That is FM for you! I was looking at Fer to bring in from Norwich to Villa as he is out of contract at the end of the second season. Porto and Dortmund were sniffing too so I would try and tie him to down to a longer contract asap before he starts asking for big bucks.

December

Barclays Premier League

0-3 vs Swansea (h)
None

2-0 vs Crystal Palace (a)
Marveaux, Van Wolfswinkel

2-0 vs Hull (h)
Fer (x2)

0-2 vs Man City (a)
None

1-2 vs Chelsea (h)
Fox

4-2 vs Aston Villa (a)
Snodgrass, Surman, Sordell (x2)

1-1 vs Newcastle (a)
Hooper

Comments: 3 wins out of 7 isn't too bad but it isn't too good either. We were unlucky against Chelsea and Sordell came off the bench and scored twice against Villa! Tettey was very consistent playing as my only holding midfielder in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation and he picked up a MoTM performance aswell!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Alexander Tettey

View attachment 377416

That is FM for you! I was looking at Fer to bring in from Norwich to Villa as he is out of contract at the end of the second season. Porto and Dortmund were sniffing too so I would try and tie him to down to a longer contract asap before he starts asking for big bucks.
read the bottom of the August post. I am already in September 2013. :p

Question: Does anybody want me to post my starting eleven for every game?

January & Transfer Window

Transfers:

Ins:
Lewis Hall - Bristol City - £95,000
Fran Merida - Atletico Paranaense - £1.2m
Bruno Ecuele Manga - FC Lorient - £12.5m
Jordan Rhodes - Blackburn - £10.5m

Outs:
David Fox - West Brom - £1m
Carlton Morris - Burnley - Loan
Reece Johnson-Hall - Southend - Loan
Harry Barker - Dag & Red - Loan
Joshua Murphy - Blackpool - Loan
Steven Whittaker - Sunderland - £2.5m

Comments: OMG. I have no idea why but the owners gave me about £12m around October time and then they gave me another £12m at the start of January! I think I have brought in 2 quality players in Bruno and Jordan and a young playmaker in Merida. The only reason why I bought Lewis Hall is because he is my second cousin! lol

Barclays Premier League

1-1 vs Spurs (a)
Hooper

3-2 vs Everton (h)
Hooper (x2), Bassong

0-0 vs Stoke (h)
None

4-2 vs West Ham (h)
Snodgrass (x2), Hooper, Bassong

2-1 vs Southampton (a)
Rhodes, Marveaux

FA Cup 3rd Round, 3rd Round Replay and 4th Round

1-1 vs Aston Villa (h)
Hoolahan

2-1 a.e.t. vs Aston Villa (a)
Hooper, Bennett

1-3 vs Derby (a)
Becchio

Comments: I think I played very well in the league and Hooper has scored 5 goals this month in all competitions! I am annoyed that I lost 3-1 to Derby but now I can focus on the league and nothing else.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Gary Hooper

View attachment 377419

I do like seeing a Norwich story being done. Only one thing I can say what needs to be added is the league table. All looking good though.

February & March

Barclays Premier League

0-5 vs Man Utd (a)
None

4-0 vs Fulham (h)
Hooper (x2), Rhodes, De Sciglio

0-0 vs West Brom (a)
None

2-1 vs Sunderland (h)
Surman, Rhodes

1-0 vs Liverpool (a)
Redmond

0-1 vs Arsenal (h)
None

1-2 vs Swansea (a)
Bassong

Comments: An average two months overall but I'm delighted with the 1-0 win at Anfield! Rhodes was my best player, scoring two and creating more with a MoTM performance to go with it. The 5-0 loss to Man Utd was embarassing though.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Jordan Rhodes

View attachment 377422

April & March (The Last Six Games)

Barclays Premier League

4-0 vs Cardiff (h)
Ecuele Manga, Hooper (x2), Van Wolfswinkel

5-1 vs Crystal Palace (h)
Rhodes, Ecuele Manga, Hooper (x3)

3-1 vs Hull (a)
Rhodes, Hooper (x2)

1-2 vs Chelsea (a)
Marveaux

1-1 vs Man City (h)
Hooper

5-1 vs Aston Villa (h)
Hooper (x2), Ecuele Manga, Redmond, Rhodes

Comments: A great month where we won 4 out of the 6 games. Hooper managed to score 10 goals in 6 games! I won't go into to much detail here because my next post will be an end of season review. Also, I have almost caught up to where I actually am in game (21st September 2013).

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
Gary Hooper

View attachment 377423

End Of The Season Review

The League Table

View attachment 377425

Comments: Knowing that my target was to avoid relegation, finishing 9th is amazing! I had a very good away record as well (I would've finished 6th if it was only down to the away games we played).

Results

View attachment 377426 & View attachment 377427 & View attachment 377428

Comments: I played pretty well against the weaker teams but I just couldn't beat Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal!

Transfers

View attachment 377429

Comments: I am very happy with the players I bought especially Rhodes and Ecuele Manga! Also, I am pleased I was allowed to get rid of Fox, Whittaker, Bennett and Butterfield because they were not good enough for my team!

My Formation

View attachment 377430

Comments: I am happy with this formation, it is well balanced and I have trained Fer as an AMC. He has done exceptional there so far!

Awards

View attachment 377431 & View attachment 377432 & View attachment 377433

Comments: I am very proud but also amazed that Hooper managed to get top scorer AND player of the year! Also Snodgrass got the most assists and Bassong had the highest average rating in the league!

Last edited:
Any feedback on the look of my posts and what else should I add to them next season?