Sumner_05

Reaction score
skysports.jpg

Fabio Capello Sacked As England Manager

.jpeg

The FA have sacked Fabio Capello from his position as England manager.

The news is music to many England fans ears after the dismal display of England in South Africa at the world cup. There were lots of rumours going around that the FA were willing to give him a 2nd chance to redeem himself but after a supporter protest outside FA headquarters this afternoon, it was made clear that Capello was not wanted.

The 64-year old had swept the nation by storm when he took over from the England side that failed to qualify for Euro 2008 under Steve McClaren, but he guided England to 1st place in the group with 9 wins out of 10. But something clearly was not right at the world cup.

The FA had already announced that the next England manager was going to be English with this the bookies have jumped at the chance with Harry Redknapp the favourite at 4/1 with the rest of the main contenders Sam Allardyce 6/1, Steve Bruce 7/1, Chris Hughton 15/1 and most surpisingly Blackpool boss Ian Holloway at 20/1.

A FA statement from general secretary Alex Horne " The board of the FA would like to give a thankyou to Fabio Capello for his considerable time and effort spent as England Manager."

"Fabio has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in December of 2007, the whole of the FA board wish him all the best for the future. The task on appointing a successor is underway."

Capello had released a statement during a press conference earlier saying that he was "immensly proud of his achievements and i would just like to thank the FA for giving me this opportunity. And lastly i would like to thank the fans for their contuined support even though we did not have the best World Cup."

Last edited:
skysports.jpg

Harry Redknapp Rules Himself Out Of The Running

568.jpg

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed speculation that he is in line to succeed Fabio Capello as England manager.

Capello was sacked by the FA on Monday and Harry Redknapps name has been on everyones lips as the next England manager.

However the 63-year-old told Sky Sports News that he is going nowhere. He was quoted as saying "of course i'm delighted to be linked with the England job but i signed a contract in the summer which lasts for the next 3 years and i am more than happy to stay at Tottenham, espically after we got into the Champions League."

When Redknapp was asked about the sacking of Capello he said "It seems an absoulete load of nonsense, i know that we didn't have the best World Cup but he has a fantastic track record and i would just like to wish the England team all the best without me in charge none of it makes sense, but maybe football doesn't anymore."

Last edited:
The%20sun%20logo.jpg

Steve Bruce Keen On England Job

steve_bruce_1366750c.jpg

After the FA's decision to sack Fabio Capello, the bookies have named severeal managers as favourites but with favourite Harry Redknapp ruling himself out Steve Bruce has come forward saying it would be an honour to manage his country.

"Of course i would like to manage England," said the Sunderland manager. "I rarely blow my own trumpet, i don't promote myself but i'd have a go, why not? It must be the time of your life to manage your country, even though you know what's going with it. It must be wonderful, absoulety wonderful.

"I would have thought Harry Redknapp would be the main contender but he has ruled himself out. There's not that many of us Englishmen managing in the Premier League, so why not?"

When asked if the job would be worth all the hassle and intense scrutiny that accompaines it, Bruce's reply was simply "To be England manager, it would be 100% worth it."

"You need a thick skin of course, but then you need one of those to work up here in the north-east."

"This is a fantastic job." said the 49-year-old. "But i think if i got offered England or, was in the frame, it would mean i'd done a very good job here. I think most of the supporters would be happy for that.

Last edited:
Liking This Build Up :wub: Haven't Even Mentioned Mclaren Yet

bbcsport.jpg

Breaking News:

We have just heard from the FA that they are going to make an announcement regarding the England manager's job later this afternoon at 3pm.

Latest Odds:

Steve Bruce 5/1
Sam Allardyce 7/1
David Beckham 10/1
Alan Shearer 13/1
Ian Holloway 15/1
Steve McClaren 20/1

Last edited:
william.jpg

Prince William, President of the FA

"Thankyou all for coming today" said Prince William president of the FA. " A lot of thought and time has been put in to our decision as to who would be the man to take the national team on to new heights. We decided that we wanted someone new and exciting, and through the years i dont think there's been many people who have brought us more exciting moments that this man. This man has really impressed us over the past year and has made everyone look up and take notice of him.

Ladies and Gentleman here you have the new England manager !!

(Ian Holloway enters, smiling and waving towards the many photographers gathered.)
"I know many people will see me as the wrong man for the job, and i can see where your coming from in a way. I'm sure people think he'smanaged to get Blackpool promoted to the Premier League and all of a sudden he's England manager how does that work.However, you have to see that although i have not managed a big club before i am sure i am more than capable of handling the England player's massive egos. Is there any questions?

_49607110_holloway.jpg

Ian Holloway new England manager

The Sun: Ian, congratulations on the job, and we will definately be behind you. Do you think you can start successfully with your first match against Hungary?

Holloway: Thankyou. On paper we have one of the best sides on the world but for some reason when it comes to the pitch they just can't get going and i am looking to change that because i feel these players could beat any side in the world on their day.

Daily Mirror: Will you be keeping Rio Ferdinand as captain, thinking about the amount of time he has injured?

Holloway: There's no doubt that Rio is a fantastic player but i will be changing the captain to get this new era in English football up and running.

The London Times: Whats your opinion on youth? Will you be using younger players?

Holloway:I will be changing the squad and will pick the in-form players for the squad no matter who they are or how old they are. With such talents as Jack Wilshere, Andy Carroll, Kieran Gibbs and Phil Jones among the in-form players at the moment they may well be in my first squad. As Germany have shown if you rebuild your team with youngsters it can work and that is something i may well look to emulate with this England side.

BBC Sport: What was it that made you take the job?

Holloway: Of course most people would never turn down the chance to manage their country i just want the players to respect the badge and play with passion to give their all for their country just like they do with their clubs week in week out. And if i could add 1 or 2 youngsters to the first 11 then that's no problem

Daily Sport: You are known for your one-liners, it certinaly makes you stand out during your press conferences, why do you do this ?

Holloway: I'm trying to just enjoy my life and if i'm a bit different that's great because if we were all the same there would be one massive queue outside one bird's house and she'd only like 1 of us so what a waste of time that is, true innit. So i'm a bit different but if you worked with me on the training ground you'd know what i'm about. It's about being part of a team that is much more important than you and you pulling your weight. And you never giving up and that's what it's all about and i'm being effective already and that's what i'm all about. It's not all about you son it's about us and where we're going.

Thankyou for listening and your support.

Last edited:
fa-logo.gif

Holloway brings In His Own Staff

New England manager Ian Holloway today confirmed that he has released former assistant manager Italo Galbiati, coaches Franco Baldini, Massimo Neri and Franco Tancredi have also had their contracts terminated on Holloway's first day on the job. All those coaches were brought in by former manager Fabio Capello but Ian Holloway clearly does not want them and rumours say that he wants an all English backroom staff and Ian has announced today who will be taking up those roles.

stuart-pearce-england-uk-01.jpg

England's new assistant manager Stuart Pearce

Holloway has announced that U-21 manager Stuart Pearce will become his new assistant who knows the players well and has their respect. Holloway also announced that West Ham youth Coach Tony Carr will take up the vacant U-21 position, Carr has helped West Ham produce the likes of Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Carrick and Jermaine Defoe.
article-1265044-091282F5000005DC-988_468x296.jpg

Tony Carr new U-21 manager

The other new coaches are England legend David Seaman taking up a goalkeeping coach role. Blackburn physio David Fevre has also joined with Jamie Redknapp and the last coach to join is Chelsea coach Steve Holland.

20040114195739.jpeg

Englands goalkeeping legend returns to take up goalkeeping coach role

144858011-28102009031105.jpg

David Fevre,new physio joining from Blackburn

Jamie-Redknapp-001.jpg

Jamie Redknapp departed from coach at his fathers club Spurs to become part of this new England era

0,,10268~9147811,00.jpg

Chelsea coach Steve Holland has joined the new look England coaching staff

Last edited: