nice story...good choice for assistant manager, u-21 manager and backroom staff!

strange squad...but I guess it is a friendly.

will deffo be following

nice story...good choice for assistant manager, u-21 manager and backroom staff!

strange squad...but I guess it is a friendly.

will deffo be following

Cheers mate about story, staff are pretty good thx for following my plan is to get to world cup 2018.

Wat do u mean strange squad ???

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Pre-match press conference- England V Hungary

Itv interview man: Ian this is your first match in charge of England what is your game plan?

Ian Holloway: I want to put on a show for our fans, we didn't have a godd World Cup at all and i'm very privilaged to get this new England era under way tonight. Let's get on with this Hungary are not the best footballing side. everyone in the squad is looking forward to this and what life should all be about. the boys have impressed me a huge amount in training and i want them to continue.

ITV interview man: Ashley Cole had to miss training yesterday, how likely is he to play?

Ian Holloway: Yes its said Ashley is a terrific player in my opinon the best left back in the world but it's only a friendly i don't want to risk him so it is between Leightron Baines and Kieran Gibbs who starts.

ITV interview man: Your decision to not to include Frank Lampard in your squad has left people feeling very puzzled?

Ian Holloway: Frank Lampard has been terrififc at Chelsea but he can just not find that sort of form for England so i feel it is time for him to step aside and let another player have a chance.

ITV interview man: With 10 of the players selected in your squad un-capped, you have gone for a rather inexpereinced team?

Ian Holloway: As the golden era with the likes of the Gerrards, the Lampards and the Beckhams coming to the end of their career i feel the England national side will benefit from including younger players at a younger age just look what Germany have achieved 3rd in the last 2 World Cups both with young squads. Its the way forward innit.

ITV interview man: Doesn't your radial approach to your squad selection leave you open to criticism if the players selected don't perform?

Ian Holloway: I have selected these players because they have all impressed me over the past year and all deserve a chance and i will accept 100% responbility if things dont go as planned tonight. But i have massive faith in these players and they will delevier the goods.

Ian Holloway: I've gotta go select the team now Jeff.
Jeff: cheers Ian.

England V Hungary Team Line-Ups

On Ian Holloway's first game as England manager he has gone for a mixture of youth and experience but with a very young bench who will be looking to m,ake their debuts. Holloway has already said that he wants to encourage the youth and that is definitely shown with the starting line-up he has gone for. Come on England !!

Last edited:
good idea putting a few youngsters in there though and i agree you should give the armband to barry class player but unsure about albrighton maybe a little too inexperienced considering he hardly never play for villa on the game

definitely following

Great story mate, i'm not a fan of Carson myself though, i would have gone for Loach maybe :)

good idea putting a few youngsters in there though and i agree you should give the armband to barry class player but unsure about albrighton maybe a little too inexperienced considering he hardly never play for villa on the game

definitely following

cheers mate i picked Albrighton because he was on fire for Villa in pre-season and form this season. A lot of people have critised me for choosing Barry as captain but i'm just trying to make this story a bit different and not have someone like Gerrad or Ferdinand

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Great story mate, i'm not a fan of Carson myself though, i would have gone for Loach maybe :)

cheers, i know Carson can be a bit dodgy at times might have a look at Loach but i would like him to be playing in the Premier League to eb honest

3453412327_3e2a25bfd4_o.jpg

England 5-1 Hungary

Leighton-Baines_1648244c.jpg

Leighton Baines scored the 1st goal in the new England era after England had fallen behind to a shock Hungary goal.

England were completely dominant in the 5-1 victory over Hungary in which was Ian Holloways first game in charge. Although the scoreline looks very convincing it was a lot tighter than people thought with England just shaded possession 52% to Hungarys 48%. Things did not get off to a good start for England with hungary dominating the early stages and they went ahead in the 17th minute when Ben Foster could only parry a shot straight onto Fulhams Zoltan Geras feet and he tapped it in.

That was really the wake up call England needed and after the goal they really started to get going and equalised 5 minutes later from Ashley Young's corner headed in by Everton left back Leighton Baines at the near post. Rooney then put England head after after a brilliant 40 yard pass from Marc Albrighton and Rooney hit a 30 yard thunderbolt which no keeper in the world would have saved.

England's 3rd goal came just before half time after yet another Albrighton cross to Villa teammate Ashley young to tap it in. England made all their subsitutes at half time with 5 players coming on to make their debuts. The 2nd half started exactly the same a steh first half with Hungary having lots of early pressure but in the 64th minute Danny Welbeck announced himself to the England fans after a through ball from Jordan Henderson who went round the keeper to slot the ball home. And to round things off Welbeck scores an amazing 30 yarder. It could have been 6 but Jack Wilshere was denied a debut goal after he was given offside when he burried teh ball home.

Ian Holloway was quoted after the match saying " I am absoulety estatic with the lads.Even though we went behind they never gave up and pleased with evry single one of my players. espically MOM Ashley Young but it could of easily gone to Leighton Baines or Danny Welbeck. I really am lovin this and can't wait for the next game."

ashley-young.jpg

Ashley Young MOM

Last edited:
Great first result mate, wierdly enough, a while ago i did England and my first game was 5-2 , Rooney hat-trick, Carroll and Agbonlahor were my scorers, I hope you do well as England boss mate and keep the updates coming :D

Great first result mate, wierdly enough, a while ago i did England and my first game was 5-2 , Rooney hat-trick, Carroll and Agbonlahor were my scorers, I hope you do well as England boss mate and keep the updates coming :D

cheers mate i had 3 players scoring their 1st England goals, Carroll was injured and i forgot all about Agbonlahor

cheers mate i had 3 players scoring their 1st England goals, Carroll was injured and i forgot all about Agbonlahor

Yeah mate, i suggest Gabby, not only cus i am a Villa fan but his pace is immense and should become very confident after scoring his first goal, i also reccomend Gary Cahill if you havent already called him up, oh and well done for the Albrighton call up, he is just one **** of a player ;)

Yeah mate, i suggest Gabby, not only cus i am a Villa fan but his pace is immense and should become very confident after scoring his first goal, i also reccomend Gary Cahill if you havent already called him up, oh and well done for the Albrighton call up, he is just one **** of a player ;)

Gabby will be in my next squad, Gary Cahill played the 2nd half of the match against Hungary and i know Albrighton completely destroyed man utd's defence in 2-2 draw. Call Welbeck up in your game i mean 2 goals on ur England debut speaks for itself

Gabby will be in my next squad, Gary Cahill played the 2nd half of the match against Hungary and i know Albrighton completely destroyed man utd's defence in 2-2 draw. Call Welbeck up in your game i mean 2 goals on ur England debut speaks for itself

Good, im a preacher for Gabby haha, i stopped playing my game a few weeks back, i do much prefer playing with a club, as i get bored inbetween the games haha, but i did enjoy having that feeling that you are carrying the nation haha, i went for the more traditional role as Gerrard for captain and totally dropped Ferdinand from my plans, Welbeck is looking good mate, try to keep him down to earth, you dont want him thinking his goals will come easy all the time :p

Good, im a preacher for Gabby haha, i stopped playing my game a few weeks back, i do much prefer playing with a club, as i get bored inbetween the games haha, but i did enjoy having that feeling that you are carrying the nation haha, i went for the more traditional role as Gerrard for captain and totally dropped Ferdinand from my plans, Welbeck is looking good mate, try to keep him down to earth, you dont want him thinking his goals will come easy all the time :p

i just holiday to the squad selections and good advice