love the story mate keep it goin well done
cheers mate, pre-match update later tonight

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:34 PM ----------

Ian Holloway on Bulgaria

ian-holloway-blackpool-cropped

"If we win this game, we have complete control of our group we will be 7 points clear and after that it is only a matter of time before we qualify. I've told the lads that 19 points should be enough to qualify and at the moment we have 13 points with 3 games to go. Scotty Parker will be starting alongside Gareth (Barry) in the middle of the park and for me they hold the key on how well the team does and performs, if we are to go on and win the Euros those 2 will be absouletely key, that's how highly i rate them both. Behind those 2 i am unsure whether to play Tom (Huddlestone) or David (Beckham) they have 1 more day to impress me and show me who deserves that holding midfielder spot.

Last edited:
good luck against bulgaria
I would play huddlestone in the holding midfielder role

What about Harry Kane, I don't know good he becomes on FM 11, but on FM 10 he was a star.

What about Harry Kane, I don't know good he becomes on FM 11, but on FM 10 he was a star.
might pik him in a couple of friendles just before the euros and if he performs im sure he wil be on the plane to ukraine-poland

just read the story so far very good, i normally don't like seeing england win but with holloway in charge i hope he can do what every manager since 1966 has failed to do

just read the story so far very good, i normally don't like seeing england win but with holloway in charge i hope he can do what every manager since 1966 has failed to do
cheers mate, y don't you like seeing england win, yer hopefully i truly believe i can win the euros

cheers mate, y don't you like seeing england win, yer hopefully i truly believe i can win the euros

previously hated the thought of Terry / Ferdinand lifting up the trophy and the way the media would be going on and on about it where scotland havent even qualified

previously hated the thought of Terry / Ferdinand lifting up the trophy and the way the media would be going on and on about it where scotland havent even qualified
fair enough the media also build up england too much, i thought i wouldbe a bit different by giving Barry the armband

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:49 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

Bulgaria 0-2 England
Barry (Pen 45+1), Carroll (78)

gareth-barry_1527511c.jpg

England now just need one more win to ensure qualification from Group G after a 2-0 triumph over Bulgaria, but to be honest it was not a vintage performance that we are use to seeing from England under Holloway. England dominated possession but failed to make it pay until injury time in the first half after Wayne Rooney was brought down, captain Gareth Barry had no trouble slotting home, 1-0 England at the break. The second half was a mirror image of the first half until Wayne Rooney was sent off after picking up a second yellow after a mistimed tackle on Bolton winger Martin Petrov on 65 minutes. England then turned more defensive to ensure that they came away with all 3 points and changed to a more counter attacking style. That was exactly how England got their 2nd with Andy Carroll scoring his 1st international goal as he ran on to a through ball from Scott Parker to comfortably slotted home with a real poachers effort.

Ian Holloway comment
Ian-Holloway-Jan-2011-Man-Utd_2555299.jpg

"To put it in gentleman's terms if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, some weeks they're good looking and some weeks they're not the best. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi. She wasn't the best looking lady we ended up taking home but she was very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much, let's have a coffee, but in all seriousness that was not the greatest performance and even though we got the win I would have liked a better performance, but hey to be a top side you have to be able to win when you’re not playing well. We now just need one more win to ensure qualification for the Euros and we will be looking to do that in front of our fans at Wembley against Wales in the next game.”

an interview basted on the greatest comparison of all time

if you want to try players look for gary hooper, personally cant stand him but called him up for a joke on time and he scored

an interview basted on the greatest comparison of all time

if you want to try players look for gary hooper, personally cant stand him but called him up for a joke on time and he scored
i had to include that quote at some point didn't i, so i thouht why not after an ugly win (H)

yer hes been quite good for celtic, might call him up for a friendly with a load of fringe players, someone told me that capello is considering calling up hooper against wales :O

i had to include that quote at some point didn't i, so i thouht why not after an ugly win (H)

yer hes been quite good for celtic, might call him up for a friendly with a load of fringe players, someone told me that capello is considering calling up hooper against wales :O
hooper got called up for the U 21's

KIU mate im a follower
cheers mate

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

hooper got called up for the U 21's
oh... i knew he ws gettin called up for something

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:26 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

England Vs Wales preview

568x300_england%20team.jpg

England can clinch qualification to 2012 if they beat Wales tonight. A draw would be good enough if Bulgaria fail to beat Switzerland. The big tactical problem for Ian Holloway is who plays upfront after Wayne Rooney was sent off against Bulgaria, he can choose Darren Bent, Andy Carroll, Daniel Sturridge or Danny Welbeck. Holloway could off course change his formation and tinker the formation slightly to play with 2 strikers.

Possible Line-ups:
J.Hart, M.Richards, G.Cahill, S.Dann, L.Baines, T. Huddlestone, G.Barry, S.Parker, J.Wilshere, A. Young, D.Bent

29192502:jpeg_preview_large.jpg

Holloway: “one win is all we need before we can focus on the Euros, just one win and I promise to these England fans that we will win and when the Euros come by this time we will be returning with a trophy on the plane, England fans are some of the most loyal fans in the world because competition after competition they cheer on the team but the team always disappoint, but not this time we will do the fans proud at the Euros and give them silverware they deserve and have been waiting for the past 40 or something years, all I have left to say is Come on ENGLAND “

Great progress and story mate. Lovin the Holloway comments too. Keep it going, if only it could be that good in real life!! Have a look at my story when u can please.

Thanks