thats reasonable:)
i played an england game once where i had the majority of english players down to league 2 in the national pool and selected my squad based on who had the highest average rating.
within reason ofcourse, like if a guys only played 2 games in the season but got an av.r of lik 8 he wouldn't be in.
gave me a different squad to say the least. they weren't bad either semi at the world cup
haha, semis at the world cup that's mental

Ok Thanks Mate, Like Team Selection and Updates and ETC. Thanks Mate Much Appriciated.

Loving this still mate, look forward to a few suprise names in next squad then!!

great story
will follow this:D

Cheers mate

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Loving this still mate, look forward to a few suprise names in next squad then!!

Cheers mate, yer there wil b a lot of surprise names along with some more familiar

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:44 PM ----------

bbcsport.jpg

Frank Lampard “I am seriously considering retiring for England”

lampard_1651237c.jpg

Chelsea midfielder and former England vice-captain Frank Lampard is reportedly considering quitting international football as it appears he is slipping down the pecking order under Ian Holloway. The 32-year-old looks set to be axed by Holloway for next months final Euro 2012 qualifier against Montenegro.

It follows an usually injury-prone season for the midfielder, who once made a record 164 consecutive appearances in the Premier League, with a twisted ankle having kept him out since last week.

His patchy appearance record this season, coupled with the increased competition for places in England’s engine-room, has raised speculation that Lampard is conserving hanging up his boots for his country.

And while sources close to the player have rejected that suggestion that such an announcement would come in the coming weeks, but retirement at the end of the season is an increased possibility.

Lampard has 84 England caps to his name and has scored 21 goals in his international career to date, although much of his time in the 3 Lions set-up has seen his position come into question. With the emergence of such young talents such as Jack Wilshere and Jordan Henderson as well as more experienced midfielder Scott Parker have all played under Holloway in his reign so far.

Great Story, Could you check out mine?
Also open to tips... :)

hey mate, awesome read!! any chance you have a record of what players you've used and the appearances/goals stats/records?

cheers..

hey mate, awesome read!! any chance you have a record of what players you've used and the appearances/goals stats/records?

cheers..

Cheers mate, I dunno how I would get those records because im now in 2nd season so dunno if I can

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:11 PM ----------

skysports.jpg
 ​

England Squad Announced

ssnhdblue-800_2492584.jpg

England manager Ian Holloway has kept his promise and has called up potential superstars and fringe players for the last Euro 2012 qualifier away at Montenegro. Holloway has left out key members such as skipper Gareth Barry and Ashley Young who have been in all bar one of Holloway’s squad so far in his England reign.

A number of players could be in line to make their debuts for England with such players as: Ryan Shawcross who only narrowly missed out on being included in the last squad, Blackburn’s Phil Jones, new Middlesbrough keeper Alex Smithies, Tom Cleverley, Scott Loach, Connor Wickham, Tom Cairney, Kevin Davies (I am using 11.1 database so his cap against Montenegro was not included. and James Tomkins.

Whilst some more familiar players have been re-called: Bobby Zamora, Aaron Lennon, Jack Rodwell and Kieran Richardson.

Tom Cairney is an interesting selection because he is also eligble for Scotland but it is looking likely that he will turn his back on the Scots and play for Holloway's ever-improving England side.

Squad in full below:

Goalkeepers:
robert-green-450-pic-getty-57576304.jpg

Robert Green
Scott Loach
Alex Smithies

Defenders:
philnevilleL_468x516.jpg

Phil Neville
Phil Jones
Nedum Onuoha
Ryan Shawcross
Chris Smalling
James Tomkins
Kyle Walker
Stephen Warnock
Kieran Richardson

Midfielders:
StewartDowning_1278012a.jpg

Stewart Downing
Joey Barton
Tom Cairney
Tom Cleverley
Marc Albrighton
Jordan Henderson
Adam Johnson
Aaron Lennon
Jack Rodwell
Jack Wilshere

Strikers:
Darren+Bent+Denmark+v+England+International+ZB3J3LNc85bl.jpg

Darren Bent
Kevin Davies
Conor Wickham
Bobby Zamora

Last edited:
Even without the Rooney's and the Gerrard's that squad is still pretty immense

good squad there mate good luck :)
cheers mate

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Even without the Rooney's and the Gerrard's that squad is still pretty immense
yer it is, just shows the depth available

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

love this so far mate!
cheers mate, match update will b up in a cuple of days

love this story been a follower since day 1!! you couldent give mine a look and give me some pointers please you seem to have the best story round atm

love this story been a follower since day 1!! you couldent give mine a look and give me some pointers please you seem to have the best story round atm
cheers mate means a lot, is urs the yeovil one ???