The Celtic Match Thread

pistolped7

Reaction score
Seeing as Rangers have a match thread and we don't, I thought I'd start a Celtic one and fight the FM-Base conspiracy and bias towards Rangers.

*DISCLAIMER!!! There is no conspiracy against Celtic in Scottish football. Anyone who thinks there is one is delusional.*

1569.png

Rules

The rules are much the same as on the Gers thread.

1. No abuse of any kind (racist, sectarian, homophobic, xenophobic, etc, etc)
2. Match reports will be posted after each game by whoever does it first
3. Rangers fans are, of course, allowed to post here but follow the rules.
4. Generally, don't be a ****.

If you break the rules, we'll report you to the mods.

So, Swansea tonight and Aberdeen at the weekend. Discuss!​

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Swansea City 2-0 Celtic

A disappointing 2-0 defeat against Swansea City in the Liberty Stadium closed Celtic’s friendly fixtures for the summer.

Two second half goals for the home side, from Angel Rangel and then substitute Stephen Dobbie, gave the Swans the edge and sealed the victory for the newly promoted Premiership side.

Celtic’s first chance of the match came on 14 minutes when Georgios Samaras chested the ball down in front of the box and made a turning pass back to Gary Hooper. The onrushing striker hit a first-touch shot but couldn’t keep it on target from 24-yards out.

Kris Commons came close four minutes later, making a run in from the right and unleashing an effort which was heading for the top corner. Gerhard Tremmel in goals, however, punched it over the bar to keep the score-line even.

Only 60 seconds had passed before Scott Sinclair threatened at the opposite end. Making space for himself, he had time to put Dominic Cervi under pressure but before he pulled the trigger, Jos Hooiveld slid in to clear the ball to safety.

After getting into an off-the-ball tussle with Kemy Agustein, Scott Brown then unleashed his frustration by hitting a powerful effort towards goal 10 minutes before the break but his shot was deflected out for a corner.

Two quick chances from Swansea in the closing stages of the first-half almost saw the home side take the advantage, but neither Sinclair or Nathan Dyer could hit the right side of the netting.

Celtic started the second-half with good intent, Samaras and Commons in particular linking up well, but the opening goal came from the home side just after the hour mark.

Despite Cervi doing well to block a free-kick, Rangel latched onto the loose ball and on 63 minutes the midfielder tucked it into the far, bottom corner of the net.

And with the Swans taking the lead they also looked to gain confidence. Dyer had a rifling effort saved well by Cervi before substitute Dobbie then doubled their advantage.

The former SPL hit-man cracked the ball in off the inside of the far post and killed the game on 83 minutes.

Both sides made wholesale changes in the second-half but Celtic couldn’t find the final touch in front of goal to finish their run of friendlies on a high.

Celtic Football Club

think you will hammer Aberdeen as usual tbh going for 5-0 Celtic, I also think you will win the SPL and one of the cups

Aberdeen should be a walkover, I hope not of course but it's a conspiracy the always lie down, Nah joking but they really always play poor against Celtic or Celtic up their game or both. Dobbie was another Rangers youth we let go aswell I believe ? Not a dig btw just typical of Rangers to let go of youth's of perform well for other teams.

Loovens is out for an estimated 6 weeks aswell what's your take on that ? Not too worried I imagine.

Aberdeen should be a walkover, I hope not of course but it's a conspiracy the always lie down, Nah joking but they really always play poor against Celtic or Celtic up their game or both. Dobbie was another Rangers youth we let go aswell I believe ? Not a dig btw just typical of Rangers to let go of youth's of perform well for other teams.

Loovens is out for an estimated 6 weeks aswell what's your take on that ? Not too worried I imagine.

I don't think Aberdeen don't play well against us. Usually they give us a right hard game, especially at Pittodrie. Going for a comfortable win though.

Loovens out for 4 weeks? Yass!

Lol Pretty sure K.Wilson has the talent to keep him out the squad anyway I'd say another partner signed for him and you'd have a very very solid central defence partnership.

Lol Pretty sure K.Wilson has the talent to keep him out the squad anyway I'd say another partner signed for him and you'd have a very very solid central defence partnership.

Recently he's been partnering K Wilson, personally I'd like Majstorovic and Wilson, and Rogne and Hooiveld as back-up.

I don't like that Majstorovic, Don't know what it is about him but don't think he's good enough for Celtic.

As always, Celtic about 1 year behind us setting up a match thread. Thanks for starting this though. I presume you, like I, set this up to generate interest in a dying Scottish Football section on the base? :p

Can't say I've ever heard of Sion but best not to take them lightly.

Sion are definitely a team we should be beating. Then, so were Utrecht, and Artmedia Bratislava, and Nauchatel Xamax, and Aalborg...

Agreed mate, What we have to look at now is that other clubs and countries are improving now were as Rangers and Celtic are going down the way. Not drastically but compared to other countries we are at a stand still I reckon. Teams such as Braga, Bursaspor and Shakhtar wouldn't have been able to touch us in the glory days of the Old firm when we were a big force to be reckoned with and attracted some of the best players in the world.

Agreed mate, What we have to look at now is that other clubs and countries are improving now were as Rangers and Celtic are going down the way. Not drastically but compared to other countries we are at a stand still I reckon. Teams such as Braga, Bursaspor and Shakhtar wouldn't have been able to touch us in the glory days of the Old firm when we were a big force to be reckoned with and attracted some of the best players in the world.

Tbh, last year was a massive reality check for us. I've got to be honest: I thought we'd have some trouble against Braga,but I still thought we'd be comfortable enough. Was the same with Utrecht. Although, I did take solace from the fact that Braga beat Liverpool and Arsenal on the way to a Europa League final.

Now, I'm preparing myself for the worst against Sion. I really wouldn't be surprised if we got put out. Also, I hope Hearts thoroughly pump Spurs, mainly cause I don't really mind Hearts so much, kinda like them, and I can't stand Spurs.

Tbh, last year was a massive reality check for us. I've got to be honest: I thought we'd have some trouble against Braga,but I still thought we'd be comfortable enough. Was the same with Utrecht. Although, I did take solace from the fact that Braga beat Liverpool and Arsenal on the way to a Europa League final.

We beat Braga 2 weeks ago :D

We beat Braga 2 weeks ago :D

Wow, that's a pretty decent win. Then, they've lost their manager to Sporting Lisbon but I'm not sure how much that affected them tbh :p QPR have an awesome attack now as well!

Wow, that's a pretty decent win. Then, they've lost their manager to Sporting Lisbon but I'm not sure how much that affected them tbh :p QPR have an awesome attack now as well!

We beat them and Atalanta to win the 'Trofeo Bartolotti' Our attack is pretty awesome but our defence is **** :( we need 3 defenders or so tbh...

Izaguirre away to hospital on a splint after landed awkwardly on his ankle, They think it might be a broken ankle but he's on his way to hospital to find out. Not good news for Celtic Izaguirre has been superb since joining you's. Good news for Rangers fans but hope he has a good recovery as it's never good too see a player really injured.

Celtic are interested in signing Adam Le Fondre for 650k ....

Celtic manager Neil Lennon confirms Emilio Izaguirre suffered broken leg in win at Aberdeen.