The Champions League Challenge - A Sam91 Story

Totally agree with you, I recruited Jesé in a Lower League Challenge in FM12 and he went on to be Champions League material at the age of 24! Keep up the good work!
Thanks man, I think I'm slightly falling in love with Jese. He never lets me down, is very versatile and always seems to pop up with a goal!! Might have to buy him with every team I go to :p

Update tonight had a mad weekend sorry

December​

images

Finally lose a league game
Thrilling Cup tie against Mallorca
Champions League Knockout Stage drawn

League

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Osasuna

Ozil, Di Maria, Alonso

Valladolid 2 - 1 Real Madrid

Varane

View attachment 312268

Real Madrid 5 - 1 Espanyol

Varane, Pepe, Abate, Ronaldo, Jese

View attachment 312273

Malaga 0 - 1 Real Madrid

Ronaldo

-------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish Cup

5th Round 1st Leg

Real Madrid 3 - 2 Mallorca

Benzema, Essien, Ozil

View attachment 312274

5th Round 2nd Leg

Mallorca 1 - 1 Real Madrid

Ronaldo

View attachment 312275

------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Real Madrid 4 - 1 Zenit

Benzema(2), Varane, Callejon

View attachment 312276

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Probably the worst month in charge for me, but still a good month really. Shocking lose to Valladolid but good wins in other games like Malaga, Espanyol and Osasuna. The games against Mallorca were real thrillers, 2 red cards in the first leg and we were down and out in the second until Ronaldo popped us with a goal to send us through.

The big casualties in the Champions League are as follows:

Udinese
Porto
Arsenal
Chelsea

Here's the draw for the knockout stages:

View attachment 312278

Should be easy really, shocked to see Spartak Moscow, Red Bull Salzburg and Galatasaray through.

And I might as well tell you the yearly awards. Messi won both big ones obviously but there was some shocks in the team of the year....

View attachment 312280

Ronaldo on the bench..... wtf lol. He hasn't been great to be fair, might even sell him at the end of the season for the right price.

Player of the Month

Rafael Varane

raphael-varane_1g8qk5xoyqfi11yezfmly6u48.png

Been a tank all season, love this guy.

Tables

View attachment 312283 View attachment 312284

Bossed our Champions League group with ease. Dortmund slipped through on the last day thanks to our win over Zenit. In the league we are still miles ahead but that lose to Valladolid has worried me a bit, shows that we can lose to anyone really!!

January

real-madrid-fans-champions-league-first-knockout-round-second-leg-real-madrid-vs-as-roma-1-2-march-5-2008-0vP0yh.jpg

Go a bit mad in the transfer window...
Thrilling ties against Barca in the Spanish Cup
Di Maria picks up a knock and is out for about a month

Transfers

View attachment 312413

So yeah.... spent a bit LOL. I was sick to death with Benzema being such a grumpy **** I sold him to Chelsea for a whopping £40m. I then went hunting for a new striker and snapped up Cavani, then Khedira left to City and I went in for Vidal.... Now here's where this game ****** me off. I offered up to £40m for Vidal when negotiating with Juventus, they insisted I gave them £64m which was just never going to happen!!! Then when a bunch of other clubs go in for him they accept £25m!!! Such a joke, proves that when YOUR buying you pay over the odds for players. Got Vidal anyway. Then when Di Maria picked up his knock I needed a new winger and snapped up young starlet Vadillo from Betis. This kid looks class!!

View attachment 312414View attachment 312415View attachment 312416

League

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Real Sociedad

Benzema, Varane

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Real Madrid

Cavani

View attachment 312417

Valencia 2 - 2 Real Madrid

Di Maria(2)

View attachment 312418

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Getafe

Cavani(2)

----------------------------------------------------------

Spanish Cup

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Real Madrid

Ronaldo(2)

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Real Madrid 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Di Maria, Iturraspe OG

View attachment 312419

Semi Final 1st Leg

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Barcelona

Ronaldo, Alba OG, Coentrao

View attachment 312420

Semi Final 2nd Leg

Barcelona 3 - 1 Real Madrid

Ronaldo

View attachment 312421

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A pretty good month. I'm happy with my dealings in the window. Cavani looks like a quality striker, Vadillo looks dangerous on the wing bagging 2 assists in 2 games!! And Vidal looks like a reliable tank in the middle of the park!!

Bossed most games except Valencia away and Barca away but doesn't really mind as Ronaldo's goal knocked Barca out and sent us through to the final against Atletico Madrid, a side we comfortably beat this month too so really we should win the final with ease. Bilbao gave us a tougher game than earlier in the year but were still swept aside in both ties. Valencia gave us a tougher game than I expected especially as they're struggling this year!!

Player of the Month

Pepe

pepe_7.jpg

Been a beast all year and stood out this month with some great defensive performances.

Table

View attachment 312422

15 points clear and don't look like stopping. Catch us if you can Barca

February

110427SMF064-L.jpg

Brilliant month again
Ronaldo out for 2 weeks but Vadillo steps up well
Varane header gives us an advantage in Champions League tie

League

Granada 1 - 2 Real Madrid

Callejon, Ramos

Real Madrid 4 - 0 Sevilla

Ronaldo, Ozil, Cavani(2)

View attachment 312855

Real Madrid 3 - 0 Rayo

Ronaldo, Cavani, Ruben OG

Deportivo 0 - 4 Real Madrid

Vadillo, Cavani(2), Morata

View attachment 312856

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Montpellier 0 - 1 Real Madrid

Varane

View attachment 312857

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

What more can I say, a perfect month. Smashing teams with ease, Ronaldo picked up a knock in the Montpellier game and is out for about another week or so but Vadillo has been a great little signing. I may have overpaid for him but heck, I'm Madrid money isn't a problem we're turning over about £9m a month!!

Granada put up a good fight and are doing well this year but Barca have been shocking, now down to third in the table. The Chelsea job is unsecure but I wont leave Madrid till I win the Champions League, which should be this year or next hopefully!!

Player of the Month

Rafael Varane

Rafael-Varane_2893575.jpg

This guys amazing, 9 goals he's got this year and rotates at the back with Ramos and Pepe. I've actually left him in the squad and just rotated the other 2 because he's so good, and he's going to improve!!! Will become the best CB in the game without a doubt as long as he continues to play often enough.

Table

View attachment 312859

Yeah I don't think we're gonna be caught...

Update out tonight hopefully :) sorry been busy lately