The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Aint McEachran potential ability in FM 11 roughly 174, so he has got potential. Its just, will he reach it earlier or later in his career. We also have to realise, he is only 17 I think, not sure. So we cant expect big things from him, or he could be a wasted potential like many of the so called future big stars.

If we keep the Insults to an minimum and discuss this all night, it is not hurting anyone... So if you dont like it, dont look or comment surely?

I'd prefer having a discussion about the rest of the Champions' League games rather than seeing the same old arguments about Chelsea being wheeled out again. It is after all, the thread for the Champions' League, and there is a thread already open to discuss Chelsea's shortcomings.

On topic, anyone else interested to see how Copenhagen fare in the knockout stages? They've become my favourite team left in the competition and I wonder how they'll do against one of the group winners.

Aint McEachran potential ability in FM 11 roughly 174, so he has got potential. Its just, will he reach it earlier or later in his career. We also have to realise, he is only 17 I think, not sure. So we cant expect big things from him, or he could be a wasted potential like many of the so called future big stars.

*Sigh.

I'd prefer having a discussion about the rest of the Champions' League games rather than seeing the same old arguments about Chelsea being wheeled out again. It is after all, the thread for the Champions' League, and there is a thread already open to discuss Chelsea's shortcomings.

On topic, anyone else interested to see how Copenhagen fare in the knockout stages? They've become my favourite team left in the competition and I wonder how they'll do against one of the group winners.

i reckon that They will probaly go out, but who ever gets them are in for a tough game away from home, just over 2 legs i would expect one of the bigger teams to beat them.

i am really looking forward to the possibility of Arsenal facing a group winner...

That chelsea thread got closed.

I think their best chance of going through will be to get Schalke, who are arguably the weakest of the group winners along with Shakhtar, but of course they aren't weak. Looking forward to the knockout rounds.

Hopefully, we'll get Copenhagen but if we do, I hope we don't take them too lightly because they could punish us.

So United / Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool fans (just looking at the fans from the last few posts tbh)

Which youngsters are going to step up for you to replace the players that are getting you into the Chanpions League currently?

United - Gibson
- Rafael/Fabio
- Macheda
- Cleverly

Chelsea - Sturridge
- Mceachran
- Kakuta
- Borini

Arsenal - Wilshire
- Ramsey
- Gibbs
- Vela

Liverpool - Pacheco
- Shelvey
- Wilson
- ???

Do you believe that these player will step up to be Champions League winning standard?

(Obviously dont have to use my examples/template but they were the first off the top of my head !)

You missed out Suso, Kelly and Spearing for Liverpool, Bebe, Welbeck and so on for United and people like Frimpong for Arsenal.

United - Gibson
- Rafael/Fabio
- Macheda
- Cleverly

These players will be key players apart from gibson who i can see as a squad player in the future... i think PLayers like Herdanez, Rooney who are still young and we have another 6-7 years out of, Along with Smalling, Welbeck, Nani will be the future of Manchester United. I also like the look of Matty James a lot. SO i think our future is okay. Someone like Anderson is starting to flourish now, and he is still young.

You missed out Suso, Kelly and Spearing for Liverpool, Bebe, Welbeck and so on for United and people like Frimpong for Arsenal.

Yeah I didnt want to put loads for each, felt around 4 was alright. Take your pick for Liverpool they were the ones that came straight to mind, I'm just less familiar with their youngsters.

And @Scott - I really liked the look of Anderson in a similar way I liked Nasri when he signed at Arsenal. Hopefully Anderson can step up like Nasri has lately.

So you dont see Gibson getting much better then mate?

Last edited:
Here is who the English clubs could be drawn against.

Tottenham Hotspur FC
Can play: Lyon, Valencia, København, Roma, Marseille, Milan

Manchester United FC
Can play: Inter, Lyon, København, Roma, Marseille, Milan

Chelsea FC
Can play: Inter, Lyon, Valencia, København, Roma, Milan

Arsenal FC
Can play: Schalke, Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid

Here is who the English clubs could be drawn against.

Tottenham Hotspur FC
Can play: Lyon, Valencia, København, Roma, Marseille, Milan

Manchester United FC
Can play: Inter, Lyon, København, Roma, Marseille, Milan

Chelsea FC
Can play: Inter, Lyon, Valencia, København, Roma, Milan

Arsenal FC
Can play: Schalke, Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid

We will get AC Milan.

If he was signed to be a lampard type player, someone get there homework very very wrong, he never has been that type of player, he was signed for 18million( i think) due to his defensive ability and he was very good as a defensive midfielder for benifica.
this, ramires is much closer to essien than lampard in terms of play, he has never shown that kind of attacking and creative ability, and in all fairness never will

there is no good reason for Chelsea to bring Ramires in if they wanted him to be a Essien type player because of 1 reason.... We have Essien!!! Essien is more dicaplined in midfielder where as Ramires gets forward alot more often and gets alot of shots away (even if they are shocking).

there is no good reason for Chelsea to bring Ramires in if they wanted him to be a Essien type player because of 1 reason.... We have Essien!!! Essien is more dicaplined in midfielder where as Ramires gets forward alot more often and gets alot of shots away (even if they are shocking).
exactly, which begs the question, why buy him? you could have pushed out 5 to 8 million more and got hamsik instead. he is exactly the player you want to replace lampard. been watching him for about 2 and half years, literally dream of united signing him (never gonna happen)

exactly, which begs the question, why buy him? you could have pushed out 5 to 8 million more and got hamsik instead. he is exactly the player you want to replace lampard. been watching him for about 2 and half years, literally dream of united signing him (never gonna happen)

Yer i agree he is an excellent footballer, and yer it would have made more sence to buy someone like that im not dis-agreeing. I was just saying Ramires has been bought in to try and mold him into a Lampard type player i never said i agreed with it because my god i don't.

Yeah I didnt want to put loads for each, felt around 4 was alright. Take your pick for Liverpool they were the ones that came straight to mind, I'm just less familiar with their youngsters.

And @Scott - I really liked the look of Anderson in a similar way I liked Nasri when he signed at Arsenal. Hopefully Anderson can step up like Nasri has lately.

So you dont see Gibson getting much better then mate?

Unfournately dont see Gibson getting much if any better, but i reckon Anderson will be a good player for us.

We can always dream

So United / Chelsea / Arsenal / Liverpool fans (just looking at the fans from the last few posts tbh)

Which youngsters are going to step up for you to replace the players that are getting you into the Chanpions League currently?

United - Gibson
- Rafael/Fabio
- Macheda
- Cleverly

Chelsea - Sturridge
- Mceachran
- Kakuta
- Borini

Arsenal - Wilshire
- Ramsey
- Gibbs
- Vela

Liverpool - Pacheco
- Shelvey
- Wilson
- ???

Do you believe that these player will step up to be Champions League winning standard?

(Obviously dont have to use my examples/template but they were the first off the top of my head !)

Why did you include Liverpool? ;)

Spurs would probably only have:
-Caulker
-Walker
-Maybe Rose or Townsend.

United - Gibson
- Rafael/Fabio
- Macheda
- Cleverly

Chelsea - Sturridge
- Mceachran
- Kakuta
- Borini

Arsenal - Wilshire
- Ramsey
- Gibbs
- Vela

Liverpool - Pacheco
- Shelvey
- Wilson
- ???

On a Chelsea perspective, i think McEachran has a massive chance to become player this season especially if he keeps playing like he did yesterday. Sturridge for me needs more starts, he isen't an impact player, Kakuta and Borini for me won't make it at Chelsea from what iv seen so far.

United - Gibson
- Rafael/Fabio
- Macheda
- Cleverly

Chelsea - Sturridge
- Mceachran
- Kakuta
- Borini

Arsenal - Wilshire
- Ramsey
- Gibbs
- Vela

Liverpool - Pacheco
- Shelvey
- Wilson
- ???

rafael has already stamped his hame, but the other will be big players except for gibson. But you miss out anderson (finally showing what he can do) welbeck, hernandez, smalling. We have a very bright future, but I would like to see a couple of experienced names alongside them too

on a brighter note it thought i would bring somthing up i realised last earlier. Karim Benzema's hat-rick last night was a perfect hat-rick which are very rare and shows his true class as a footballer. Hes 3rd was magnificent.

Back