The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Ramires is and always has been a box to box midfielder, Essien is an enforcer they are different. Essien can tackle, Ramires can't Essien is strong and powerful Ramires isen't. Ramires has been bought in to try and fill a viod when Lampard desides to retire and because it wont happen for a few years it gives Ramires time to adjust to the PL and the way the side play.

lampard can pass, Ramires cant, Lampard scored 15-20 goals a year, Ramires cant. Ramires is an energetic player, just like Essien.

How is Ramires the closest player you have to Lampard? :$

Ramires is a defensive box-to-box midfielder without a doubt. He did it for Brazil at the World Cup, he did it for Benfica last year (we won the league), he's much much stronger defensively than offensively.

The closest player you have fit right now that is like Lampard is McEachran. Taking all your midfielders it's Benayoun, but he's out for 6 months I believe.

Ramires can't tackle for beans!!! from what iv seen so far no way would i trust him to do the defensive side to our game.

Oh yay, another thread turned into the Chelsea bashing fest all of FM-Base seems to adore...

lampard can pass, Ramires cant, Lampard scored 15-20 goals a year, Ramires cant. Ramires is an energetic player, just like Essien.

Ramires is also only 23, it took Lampard 2-3 years to mold himself into the player he is today.

I ask you is Lampard like Wilshere, playing style i mean?? Obviously no and McEachran has the same attributes as Wilshere so that settles that. I also have seen him play much more frequelntly then you i suspect and know more about his style of play.

Last edited:
I've got to agree about Ramires. I see him more of an Essien player as opposed to a Lampard

Oh yay, another thread turned into the Chelsea bashing fest all of FM-Base seems to adore...

It is a discussion, please show me where in this thread chelsea have been victims of a "bashing fest." so far everything that has been said has been backed up with valid reasons.... SO Pipe down.

I've got to agree about Ramires. I see him more of an Essien player as opposed to a Lampard

Now maybe but he has been bought in to try and be if he can ( no way in my opinion) be our next Lampard type player. Why would anyone want 2 battling ram centre mids?? surely you want 1 who can do the dirty work and be abit of a power house i.e Essien and one who can break late in the box and create goal scoring opportunities. If you watched the game tonight i belive im right in saying Ramires had the most amount of shots for us today ( all absolutely shocking ) but that is what you would expect of Lampard not Essien.

Ramires is also only 23, it took Lampard 2-3 years to mold himself into the player he is today.

I ask you is Lampard like Wilshere, playing style i mean?? Obviously no and McEachran has the same attributes as Wilshere so that settles that. I also have seen him play much more frequelntly then you i suspect and know more about his style of play.

you seen Ramires play more then me? or are you talking about McEachran i never said he was identical to lampard in anyway or post, just simply he is the closest thing you have young right now.. I fully expect your going to have to spend some cash to replace lampard, so serious cash. So dont put words in my mouth.

wilshere ****** all over mcEachran....

on the watch factor, I Watch all of united players more then you, but i never use that line on you, cause you can still hold an opinion without watching every minute someone plays.

It is a discussion, please show me where in this thread chelsea have been victims of a "bashing fest." so far everything that has been said has been backed up with valid reasons.... SO Pipe down.

I exaggerated with the words I used. It just gets boring when you've got 2 sides who won't admit defeat arguing the same old points again and again until the thread gets closed because everyone's too stubborn to change their minds.

didn't know stevenage played tonight?

COme on frank, leave George alone, we dont want this thread getting closed for insults like that.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

I exaggerated with the words I used. It just gets boring when you've got 2 sides who won't admit defeat arguing the same old points again and again until the thread gets closed because everyone's too stubborn to change their minds.

If we keep the Insults to an minimum and discuss this all night, it is not hurting anyone... So if you dont like it, dont look or comment surely?

Now maybe but he has been bought in to try and be if he can ( no way in my opinion) be our next Lampard type player. Why would anyone want 2 battling ram centre mids?? surely you want 1 who can do the dirty work and be abit of a power house i.e Essien and one who can break late in the box and create goal scoring opportunities. If you watched the game tonight i belive im right in saying Ramires had the most amount of shots for us today ( all absolutely shocking ) but that is what you would expect of Lampard not Essien.

How do you see Obi Mikel shaping up with Essien and Ramires mate? (In the long run)

Maybe Chelsea have done with Obi Mikel what Liverpool did with Lucas and United did with Anderson. They've rounded off his defensive game. If I remember correctly, he was an attacking midfielder with flair when we were after him and Chelsea stole him off us. Maybe he's the answer to your lack of Lampard issues?

you seen Ramires play more then me? or are you talking about McEachran i never said he was identical to lampard in anyway or post, just simply he is the closest thing you have young right now.. I fully expect your going to have to spend some cash to replace lampard, so serious cash. So dont put words in my mouth.

wilshere ****** all over mcEachran....

on the watch factor, I Watch all of united players more then you, but i never use that line on you, cause you can still hold an opinion without watching every minute someone plays.

I don't bash any of the Utd youngsters because i only see them if they play in the first team not all the time. You can have your opinion and i accept it but its wrong lol.

difficult looking draw for all english side especially for arsenal who now have a chance of playing barcelona or real madrid. From looking at the 2nd place teams, i hope man utd get Copenhagen but i have a feeling we will get roma

I don't bash any of the Utd youngsters because i only see them if they play in the first team not all the time. You can have your opinion and i accept it but its wrong lol.

My Opinion is that there is enough evidence to make me think he is going to be a world superstar and that he is the closest thing you have too Lampard coming through your ranks..... Which is backed up by many many people. I try to watch the youth leagues a bit, to see the future of england play. so i have actually watched him and i watch reserve league football a bit, so seen him play a few times, and this is how i shaped my opinion on him.

How do you see Obi Mikel shaping up with Essien and Ramires mate? (In the long run)

I don't really, if Ramires keeps up playing the way he has been, yes i know its early and we will give him time but at the moment the signs arn't possitive. I could very much see a 3 man midfield of Mikel, Essien and McEachran though, Mikel in the holding role, Essien doing the nitty gritty work and McEachran opening up defences with his passing ability he already has.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

My Opinion is that there is enough evidence to make me think he is going to be a world superstar and that he is the closest thing you have too Lampard coming through your ranks..... Which is backed up by many many people. I try to watch the youth leagues a bit, to see the future of england play. so i have actually watched him and i watch reserve league football a bit, so seen him play a few times, and this is how i shaped my opinion on him.

I take your point and im not douting it at all, i just think Ramires has been bought in to try and be a Lampard type figure but its not working at the moment and i dout it ever will do. Anyway im off to the land of nod as i have a 5 oclock start tomorrow morning and im already grumpy let alone if i don't get any sleep.

I take your point and im not douting it at all, i just think Ramires has been bought in to try and be a Lampard type figure but its not working at the moment and i dout it ever will do.

If he was signed to be a lampard type player, someone get there homework very very wrong, he never has been that type of player, he was signed for 18million( i think) due to his defensive ability and he was very good as a defensive midfielder for benifica.

Back