The Champions League Discussion Thread

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread for the games that dont get their own individual thread because i feel their is alot to talk about.

If the mods don't agree then feel free to close.

my wishes for today:
1. Eduardo scoring a goal.
2. Braga win against Partizan.
3. Real Madrid win and Ronaldo score a goal from free kick.

I will start obviously by talking about Chelsea's good win in Russia tonight. Could have been a tough fixture but we played really well tonight, watch out for the Zhirkov goal tonight it was an absolute stunner. Loved our bench today full of young lads with the exception of Turnbull we had Van Aanholt, Bruma, Clifford, McEachran, Mellis and Kakuta. 9points now and we are as good as topped this group happy days.

very good win for us, and we are effectively through. Wouldn't mind seeing the uber kids against Zilina as well :p

Another thing i was happy with was we got to rest Kalou,Malouda and Ashley Cole as they came off and got a rest. And yet again it seems like every week now im on here praising the ***** out of McEachran, he came off the bench and gets involved straight away, i haven't seen a lad with so much technical ability come through the Chelsea ranks he will make the bigtime. Their was 1 piece of skill that wont get shown unless you watched the 90 minutes he had the ball near the sideline but had a player either side of him and they both lunged at him but he had already knocked the ball behind him and was away without a tackle. Obi Mikel was excellent again and i think has been our player of the season so far. Cech made some sensational saves but they didn't really threaten us and it was funny to see McGeady do **** all every time he got tackled.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

I didn't see the game but did Roma just get beat 3-1 at home to Basel?? I know they are struggling abit but wow this is poor.

nice goal by de zuew for ajax

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

lol the unused sub for auxerre got two bookings in 5 seconds and is sent off without playing XD

my wishes for today:
1. Eduardo scoring a goal.
2. Braga win against Partizan.
3. Real Madrid win and Ronaldo score a goal from free kick.

All this happened, If you put that on a docket you would have a few quid to collect 2moro!

another thing i was happy with was we got to rest kalou,malouda and ashley cole as they came off and got a rest. And yet again it seems like every week now im on here praising the ***** out of mceachran, he came off the bench and gets involved straight away, i haven't seen a lad with so much technical ability come through the chelsea ranks he will make the bigtime. Their was 1 piece of skill that wont get shown unless you watched the 90 minutes he had the ball near the sideline but had a player either side of him and they both lunged at him but he had already knocked the ball behind him and was away without a tackle. Obi mikel was excellent again and i think has been our player of the season so far. Cech made some sensational saves but they didn't really threaten us and it was funny to see mcgeady do **** all every time he got tackled.

---------- post added at 10:10 pm ---------- previous post was at 10:09 pm ----------

i didn't see the game but did roma just get beat 3-1 at home to basel?? I know they are struggling abit but wow this is poor.

lol |)

yeah, Liverpool did well tonight, 3 wins out of 3 puts us top of the group...

LOL jk, we play on thursdays....

yeah we are just epic in the UCL group stages every season

Nothing to do with the fact that you got the easiest team out of the second ppt, and the easiest group.

(H)
Now, my wishes for today :)
1. Modric scoring a goal against Inter
2. Man Utd. - Busraspor = 5-0
3. Rubin Kazan win against Panathinaikos with 2 or more goals

Nothing to do with the fact that you got the easiest team out of the second ppt, and the easiest group.
both braga and shaktar are good sides. braga put out sevilla to get here. arsenal just made them look ordinary

For anyone who hasen't seen the goal of the week!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs29lK0VCvE"]YouTube - Chelsea vs. FK Spartak Moscow - goal by zhirkov. 2010/10/19[/ame]​