The Chelsea Thread

Willian: “Chelsea only offered me two years and I asked for three. My goal in the next contract is to sign for three years. “If you give me that, I’ll get the pen and sign the contract tomorrow.” [De Sola]

From Athletic

The Blues are understood to be closing in on the signing of Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen...
(Chelsea) have emerged as the only club ready to pay what it will take to secure him and are also thought to be nearing an agreement on the proposed personal terms...
Havertz decision to want to leave this summer has accelerated a process which might have played out over the coming months and the attacking midfielder seemingly now wants his future to be settled swiftly.
Chelsea is the club who directly benefits from this as they are currently alone in being prepared to offer a fee for the Germany international...
Sources have indicated it will most probably be about €80 million after add-ons, whether that takes the form of €65 million plus €15 million, €70 million plus €10 million or a similar arrangement around that region. The Blues would naturally favour a lower initial outlay.
As for the personal terms with the player, who is keen on moving to Stamford Bridge, his salary does not present a problem and it is merely final details that would need to be sorted.

The attraction was formed during dialogue with Lampard and nothing suggests Havertz’s desire will be affected by whether Chelsea qualify for next season’s Champions League.

But have to say their rebuilding has been solid.

If they stick with Lampard and allow him to keep the youth movement going, they're the team I can see possibly challenging ourselves and City. (Presuming Pep stays there/).

Still a year or two away like. It'll be a two-horse race for the time being. But the signs are there if they stick with him. Been surprised by how tactically astute he's shown himself to be so quickly.

If they stick with Lampard and allow him to keep the youth movement going, they're the team I can see possibly challenging ourselves and City. (Presuming Pep stays there/).

Still a year or two away like. It'll be a two-horse race for the time being. But the signs are there if they stick with him. Been surprised by how tactically astute he's shown himself to be so quickly.
He needs to improve or someone next to him with more defending degree. Same issue in Derby also, he is more focused better on attacking build up.

But also missing solid defenders also who can build up from the vack, Azpi is not getting any younger.

He needs to improve or someone next to him with more defending degree. Same issue in Derby also, he is more focused better on attacking build up.

But also missing solid defenders also who can build up from the vack, Azpi is not getting any younger.
Yeah this is Lampards main problem atm. Not very defensive minded and the players are not that great either

Experience. If they stick with him and allow him the time to let the youth flourish, consistency will come. They're naturally going to be and down as they grow and develop together. But the signs are there if they stick with it and give him time, it'll bear fruit down the line.

He needs a reliable goalie more than defenders back there. But he knows that.

Experience. If they stick with him and allow him the time to let the youth flourish, consistency will come. They're naturally going to be and down as they grow and develop together. But the signs are there if they stick with it and give him time, it'll bear fruit down the line.

He needs a reliable goalie more than defenders back there. But he knows that.
A GK, CB, LFB at least and I think he knows that like you said.

A GK, CB, LFB at least and I think he knows that like you said.

Personally think they've a great CH group that can grow together with Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma and Tomori. Maybe you add a veteran to that for reliable depth but I'd be more than happy with that with the solid protection in front.

It's similar to L'pool under Klopp where the main issue was never the defence per se. That will improve as a team under Lamaprd the more experienced this group gets together as they grow. They just need to be afforded that time and the dips that will naturally come along the journey. It's what's behind that backline that's the glaring problem that needs fixing more than anything.

They need a solid 'keeper more than anything they can rely on back there. And neither of their current two is up to standard.

Personally think they've a great CH group that can grow together with Christensen, Rudiger, Zouma and Tomori. Maybe you add a veteran to that for reliable depth but I'd be more than happy with that with the solid protection in front.

It's similar to L'pool under Klopp where the main issue was never the defence per se. That will improve as a team under Lamaprd the more experienced this group gets together as they grow. They just need to be afforded that time and the dips that will naturally come along the journey. It's what's behind that backline that's the glaring problem that needs fixing more than anything.

They need a solid 'keeper more than anything they can rely on back there. And neither of their current two is up to standard.
Yeah Tomori defo looks like one for the future. Not sold on either Zouma or Christiansen. Rudiger I like! Yeah we having the same issue with DDG now.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab

Chelsea FC

@ChelseaFC

The boss's final word goes to Pedro, who Lampard confirms has played his last league game for Chelsea. The Spaniard was serenaded in the dressing room afterwards, and Lampard is grateful for his professionalism and quality throughout this season. #CHEWOL

^^^^^ Chelsea's single biggest on-pitch problem. Until they sort a reliable goalie, they're going nowhere fast. Thiago Silva is a great addition for minimal wages in reality to his calibre who is just what that defensive group needs IMHO. An experienced, calm head to organise. But it matters little if theirs a clown behind them in nets nobody can trust.

Related, seems utterly mad to me that Lampard is rolling with all this spending. (Aside from question marks over what they'rebuying. Chilwell and Zyiach stick out to me as head-scratchers for differing reasons.). It's just heaping massive, extra pressure on himself to remain in the top 4. And with his complete inexperience, that's no given and we know Abramovich has little to no patience when it comes to managers. Not least the times he goes on a spending spree. Lampard looks to be going from a safe position of a youth movement rebuild to his head on the block where he'll have to get immediate results.

Strange he's seemingly sound with that.

Whats wrong with Ziyech? Still baffled that United did not try him as they need RW and he is very versitly. It will be step up for him for sure, but he is skilfull and up for the task i assume. Think he will provide more assist and set up for the game rather to score on his own.