The Chelsea Thread

The London “rivalry” is one of the tamest rivalries I’ve ever seen

Apart maybe than the Spurs - Arsenal rivalry.

That's got nothing on the aggro of Tottenham- Chelsea.

As much as West Ham- Millwall/ Chelsea- Millwall et al is pushed, there's no greater hatred in London than those two.

With 16 losses, Chelsea have already suffered their most losses in a top-flight season since 1993-'94. If they lose to Newcastle, they'll match the '93-'94 team's total of 17 losses.

With 16 losses, Chelsea have already suffered their most losses in a top-flight season since 1993-'94. If they lose to Newcastle, they'll match the '93-'94 team's total of 17 losses.

Absolutely shameful season. But I was very impressed with them before their inevitable implosion last night. If they had any confidence in front of goal, they’d have been out of sight by half time.

Signs are they they coild be the ones to push ourselves and the cheats a bit closer next year if they ever had competent coaching. I just don’t see that career failure Pochetino as being that man.

they’d have been out of sight by half time.

Signs are they they coild be the ones to push ourselves and the cheats a bit closer next year if they ever had competent coaching. I just don’t see that career failure Pochetino as being that man.
With how shoddy their defense is, I would’ve fancied us to find an equalizer even if the Chernobyl Dan James put away his chance earlier on. It’s one of those games that could’ve ended 10-5.

That said, you underestimate the threat of the other state-backed wee club from the north east. With virtually unlimited funds+champions league allure, they can bring in higher caliber players.

Every time I saw them this year it was the same thing, there's some exciting talent upfront but it doesn't matter because they inevitably concede and give up. Defense wins titles.

**** me if this man gets job at PL club
1685130176241.png

..... That said, you underestimate the threat of the other state-backed wee club from the north east. With virtually unlimited funds+champions league allure, they can bring in higher caliber players.

Don't see it at all. Like Arsenal, I think they'll they'll struggle big time next year to match this season's anomaly. Howes limited, dire, defensive shithousery style of football will come a cropper in the CL.

They won't be anything like a new City up there IMHO.

Don't see it at all. Like Arsenal, I think they'll they'll struggle big time next year to match this season's anomaly. Howes limited, dire, defensive shithousery style of football will come a cropper in the CL.

They won't be anything like a new City up there IMHO.
That’s precisely what I said about city with Mark Hughes. They seem to be following city’s blueprint by signing stepping stone managers and players. They actually fast tracked UCL qualification (2 seasons earlier than city following the Abu Dhabi takeover).

That said, I don’t expect Eddie Howe to be at the helm for much longer. I do expect them to go into overdrive with signings this summer and struggle in the first half of next season. Gives them a good excuse to sack Howe and hire a higher caliber gaffe that would propel them to new heights.

In essence, I don’t expect Newcastle to go away anytime soon unfortunately.

Didn't say they was going away. Just they'll struggle next year to match this where they've taken advantage of a perfect storm as much as anything. They're anther top 4 player in the mix over the long haul.

I just don't think they'll be a threat to dominating/ winning major things like City. Unless the Saudi's cheat and cook the books in the same way, you can't do that now.