The Chelsea Thread

Those who watched him at Juventus back in the 90s remember how good of a player he was. He was also instrumental in transitioning Chelsea to the club they are today (can’t forget his goals against Liverpool in the cup 😜).

RIP

Wasn’t that useless and Zola? Remember Hughes came on at halftime and totally changed the preverbal game of 2 halves. McManaman missed a sitter to put us 3 up on HT. Useless came on, we suddenly dropped deeper and deeper, and he and Zola destroyed us 4-2. Vialli too? I forget over time. Murder outside. Proper nasty Cup tie as Chelsea often is.

Defo to the Serie A days. He was a staple on Football Italia. Ans always seemed a really nice bloke.

Really sad to read he’s gone so early.

Wasn’t that useless and Zola? Remember Hughes came on at halftime and totally changed the preverbal game of 2 halves. McManaman missed a sitter to put us 3 up on HT. Useless came on, we suddenly dropped deeper and deeper, and he and Zola destroyed us 4-2. Vialli too? I forget over time. Murder outside. Proper nasty Cup tie as Chelsea often is.

Defo to the Serie A days. He was a staple on Football Italia. Ans always seemed a really nice bloke.

Really sad to read he’s gone so early.
Aye, it was him. He scored right after Zola equalized with that banger from outside the box. I remember Vialli scoring a poachers effort off a deft through ball from Petrescu. That made it 3-2. He then scored a 2nd (header I think) which rounded an extraordinary game at 4-2.

Cracking game.

Seven years?
Who the F hands out seven year contracts in this game?

You wouldn't get that as a plumber :rolleyes:

Seven years?
Who the F hands out seven year contracts in this game?

You wouldn't get that as a plumber :rolleyes:
I think the only other player/players I’ve seen with that sort of contract was both Griezmann and Joao Felix at Atletico. Think both signed 6+1 at the time.

Within 6 months they managed to make Abramovich look like wise owner who patiently executes long term plans and doesn't act on impulse.

And L'pool Twitter, which, by the way, is WAY worse than AFTV could ever dream of being, think this is the model we should be following as at least the Yank is showing ambition.

Seriously.
I think American business model is a bit different. They value club with all it's assets which includes players as well, and the longer the contract the more valuable the player, which is normal. But the difference is they think they can sell the player any time they want and thus having a larger contract will get them more money, which in most cases isn't far from truth. But if your players flop, no matter how long the contract is, you'll suffer the loss.

American model works because they play through the length of the contracts over there, whereas here you can put a guy on a 15 year contract and he's still gonna show up demanding a raise or a transfer after the first good game.

It’s the players that. F idiots for signing themselves away for that long.

All Chelsea are doing is playing FFP by spreading the transfer over 8 seasons on the books.