The Chelsea Thread

Delighted for Sarri. 3rd, domestic cup final & European trophy whilst trying to reverse an entire DNA of a club can’t be underestimated. Been a very good season, low-key. Has received way too much stick from plastics

And they’re now liable to either bin him. Or hang him out to dry with the smoking gun of the transfer ban then bin him at some point next season.

Says it all.

I think Sarri will be pretty happy going to Juventus tbh. Well backed club with players who can play how he wants. They'll be great.

And great work from BT Sports Darrell Currie getting that answer out of Eden Hazard

1f535.png
Tomorrow Maurizio #Sarri can solve his contract with #Chelsea.. ready to become the new Juventus manager
1f51c.png
270d-1f3fb.png
@DiMarzio

And as widely expected, Frank Lampard will replace Sarri at Chelsea

Last edited:
Christ. Utd with Solksjaer is ridiculous enough. But Lampard? Made even more mad with Hazard gone and the inability to sign anyone.

Unbelievably risky appointment.

Christ. Utd with Solksjaer is ridiculous enough. But Lampard? Made even more mad with Hazard gone and the inability to sign anyone.

Unbelievably risky appointment.

I'd argue that Lampard is far more riskier when you consider his management experience literally consists of 1 year at Derby. Solskjaer at least had a lot of coaching experience behind him in different leagues. Don't get me wrong both are risky appointments but Lampard has far less of a track record managerially.

To be honest though... at this point... Chelsea's managerial strategy is biting them in the *** now because they literally have been through virtually every top manager and when they treat someone like Sarri disrespectfully, he goes at first chance.

Lampard will probably have a fantastic first season now I've said that.

Last edited:
All managers carry some risk. But this makes sense. Chelsea cannot sign players, so they have gone with a manager who is happy to operate under that, understands Chelsea incredibly well, will get patience from the fans given their position, and actively plays youth (gave more minutes to under 21s than anyone else in the championship) given their situation, it makes sense.