The Christchurch Story, Rags to Riches

Good :) And I requested a bigger budget and they gave me £237 a week, but im still screwed! Im gonna end up going over my budget and anything other than relegation is an achievement!

Good :) And I requested a bigger budget and they gave me £237 a week, but im still screwed! Im gonna end up going over my budget and anything other than relegation is an achievement!

You really should have loaded Reuinion lol. Because right now it sounds like you are sooo screwed :p just sign everyone at once and be over your budget by like thousands

Good lucky anyway I've always wanted to try without reunion players

I want a real real challenge so thats why no Reunion :) Ill post an update later...

THE SEASON BEGINS!
BSS -
Christchurch 0-1 Weymouth
This being Weymouth's first game back in the BSS after getting relegated, they found this a lot harder than they thought it would be and they were fortunate to come away with a point.

Newport County 1-3 Christchurch Cleverley
In a game where we were absolutely dreadful, we deserved nothing and proved just why we will be relegation candidates this season.

Christchurch 1-2 Bromley Wright
We were much better, MUCH better. However we had a hatful of chances and could not hit a barn door until it was too late. Hopefully things are shaping up though.

Thurrock 2-0 Christchurch
Despite having the lion's share of possession, we just couldnt take our chances again. So I am going to dip into the free transfer market before the transfer window shuts to bolster our attacking line.

21st place.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Woking 2-1 Christchurch
Need I say more? We play exceptionally well and despite bringing in 2 strikers both making their debuts for a combined fee of £0, we still couldn't take our chances. I am sensing a win coming in the next few games though. The only consolation is that Lewes are bottom with a worse GD and I am only 2 points from safety.

keep this up, looks good so far, im liking it. You'll do well to stay up :p

keep this up, looks good so far, im liking it. You'll do well to stay up :p

I'll do well to stay up? I need a ****** miracle to stay up lol

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:35 PM ----------

Right I've played a couple of games since the last update earlier and suprise suprise, 2 defeats. I will update tomorrow when I get to the January transfer window, or sooner if people would prefer match reports as well? Let me know what you think

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Woking 2-0 Christchurch Setanta Shield
A dismal performance, but at the end of the season with such a small squad could this prove beneficial?

Christchurch 0-2 Dover
By this point we are now 7 straight defeats and have not amassed a point, there were positives of course there were, but not enough to signal that we would avoid relegation.

Dorchester 1-1 Christchurch Charles Smith
We have done it! At last we have picked up a point, and it feels brilliant especially at 2nd placed Dorchester - We had much more possession, still could have taken more chances but this was a game where we expected to get nothing from, despite Charles Smith's 35th minute goal we were under pressure for the last 15 minutes where inevitably they scored an 84th minute equaliser which was gutting but positively we have a point.
22nd place.

Keep it up mate, a point is a good start lol

Cheers mate, I think my target of 15 seasons was a bit too ambitious ;)

Dover 5-0 Christchurch Fa Cup, qualifying Rnd 2
Dreadful, we were absolute shocking. Back to old ways? I most certainly hope not, at least it was the cup (An unwanted distraction) and it was to high-flying Dover.

I feel it is probably time to post up some screenshots in the hope that someone can help!! As you can see the squad is not the most experienced either...

It's definitely gonna be tough though - And I'm gonna take a leaf out of your story (Imho, the best on here) and do screenshots after every game so I can assess it all.

The result says it all, we didn't start playing untill the game was out of our reach. Next up? Top of the league.

A dreadful performance and this team is just not good enough. Major strengthening is required.

BREAKING NEWS!
11th January: In an interview with Sky Sports News today, Alex Whitehouse has again re-iterated his desire to stay at Hurn Bridge Sports Club with Christchurch in a desperate bid to salvage some pride and retain their Blue Square South status despite rumours in the press that he is interested in the Middlesborough, Brescia, Gimnastic and Levante jobs.

15th January: In a dramatic U-turn of events, Alex Whitehouse retracts his previous statement made on the 11th January and has confirmed his resignation from Christchurch and he has joined Spanish outfit, Levante.

At this moment in time, Levante are currently 19th out of 22 teams in the Spanish 2nd division and Alex's first task in charge is to raise the morale of this team who were before the season, touted as promotion favourites. Whitehouse has told the press after this season, he has a 2 season plan to restore this clubs La Liga position.

Updates to follow shortly.

My three league results as manager so far and the current league table, got off to a bright start and hopefully this form will continue having got out of the bottom 4.

Instead of posting updates for every game, I thought I'd just plough through the season to get it over and done with.... The battle to avoid relegation went right down to the wire with us needing to better Girona's result - They lost at home to Alicante and we beat Elché 1-0 to secure our Liga Adelante place. Attached are our best 2 results and the final league table. Next update to come after transfer window with screenshots of signings and games played to date.

View attachment 13878

View attachment 13879

View attachment 13880

Screenshots of pre-season results and transfers coming up in about 10-15 minutes lads.