The Complete Regen (Newgen) thread

View attachment 203506

What do you think of this one guys?I am playing Newcastle 4th season starting now and considering him to be my first choice for dc/dr in the future.

View attachment 203509

This guy looks with bright future too, unfortunately he's on transfer request and his contract is out in the end of the season, which means i've got like 4 months until the new year to make him wanna stay...

Last edited:
It seems to me my youth academy is being real weird- after I upgraded my facilities to excellent, I sort of expect half-decent youth to come out. Nope, not happening. It doesn't even compare to my 188 PA youth player that was born out of just average coaching. I now just get a 4* followed by 3.5* and the rest all **** in comparison to season 1 where I got two 4.5*, a 4* and a 3.5* and two 3*

My advice to all- don't upgrade. You get better regens from your academy this way.

And maybe i'm playing Athletic Bilbao- its smaller catchment area affecting actual quality.

Where and what do I have to scout/search to find regens? I mean, I am in 2013 and some good regens might have appeared, I only search them at Arsenal, United, City, etc, which obviously won't join my Championship team.

281057.png

894116.png

Picked these two up this season, looks promising!

How possible is it to field an entire team of home grown players and be successful? By which I mean, players who were regens from your youth academy. Not just buying a bunch of 14/15 year olds and getting them home grown status. I'm considering either trying a long career with no transfers in, or only transferring in players from other youth academies in my league.

I'm playing as Borrussia Dortmund so I already have a young team and the media prediction isn't to win the league or anything.

How possible is it to field an entire team of home grown players and be successful? By which I mean, players who were regens from your youth academy. Not just buying a bunch of 14/15 year olds and getting them home grown status. I'm considering either trying a long career with no transfers in, or only transferring in players from other youth academies in my league.

I'm playing as Borrussia Dortmund so I already have a young team and the media prediction isn't to win the league or anything.

Highly possible if the regens are good of course, will take quite a while to create a successful team of HG's.

I tried that with bayern, the home grown, i would in the league but i had to buy other regens from france and italy mostly to win the Champions league finally in 2019

What leagues should I load at the start of the game so that I can scout the best regens?
Many thanks

In older versions of CM, there were certain ratings given to countries in terms of the talent they produced- for example, Brazil and Argentina would have a couple great regens each season, whereas the US or Poland might not have any. I assume that's still the case, so that you can certainly have a great regen from Colombia or Fiji or Switzerland, but it's less likely and less frequent than from Spain, Germany, Brazil, etc.

Im currently managing Real Madrid in 3rd season. Im starting to pick up a few good regens with pretty good stats but obviously can become even better. Just wondering if anybody knows of any schedules or anything to help the development of regens?

Might be a stupid question, but how can you tell if a player is a regen, and is there a way to just search for them instead of normal players?

Might be a stupid question, but how can you tell if a player is a regen, and is there a way to just search for them instead of normal players?

You'll know if its a regen because the picture is obviously a graphic rather then a photo (or placeholder). Sadly you can't search for just regens.

You'll know if its a regen because the picture is obviously a graphic rather then a photo (or placeholder). Sadly you can't search for just regens.

Ah ok, I think I got a few in my youth team. Doubt any are good though haha

what are the best countries and leagues to put in the game to get the best regen players?