The Connection (2422) - Home & Away 13.3.3 by Jesaustralia

Just a fast update:
Attacking Movement should be your choice with my tactics even if they create less chances than defensive positioning, which is not logic to me. Attacking movement create more dangerous chances an alternative is teamwork, I've had good success doing only teamwork with Gooaall262 resulted in my record scoring season 163 gls in the spanish league.

Cheers

Just a fast update:
Attacking Movement should be your choice with my tactics even if they create less chances than defensive positioning, which is not logic to me. Attacking movement create more dangerous chances an alternative is teamwork, I've had good success doing only teamwork with Gooaall262 resulted in my record scoring season 163 gls in the spanish league.

Cheers

thanks...could you update your main post? I say this only b/c a lot of viewers only check the 1st post and might miss some modfications

Having had big problems with my laptop.. lost all other games I started using this tactic. Went with Real Madrid.. Mainly as I'd never managed them from the start. 2 seasons in and won all comps entered!

View attachment 682033

View attachment 682036

Hey Man!

I'm sorry about your laptop! - Your results in the beginning of the game looks absolutely georgeus and I appreciate very much that you have taken the time to use my tactic - I can't help but feel I haven't advertised this tactic enough, but my first thought when I started using this tactic was this is more consistant away from home against better opponents and ofcause more scoring against average opponents so all in all its a new idea using to anchormen who acts great defensively stops alot of attacks and give the wingbacks alot more freedom to go forward which I love.

About the wingbacks that you see in the picture on the front page - they are actually wingers retrained - I wanted them to be fantastic going forward you know great offball - quickness - cross - dribbling and technically strong as well. Ofcause their defensive skills not in the top end but I'm happy with 8-10 in the defensive attributes. I think this tactic is very underestimated and could become even with further tweaking I think.

Did you like the way the tactic played on the pitch?
Are you gonna keep using it?

I will probably post the results on the front page!

Cheers Mate!

I like the way the wingbacks link up very well with the CM and also the way they find the right pass to the AMC.. Could be my players at WB but would love them to cross more.. However saying that they do more times than not make the correct pass when in an attacking areas. I do feel that you need the better type of players for the striker roles.... The DM as anchor work well for me as they do break up play very well and again make the right pass at the right time more times than not.... Not really got anything negative to say.. other than this may well be best for a great/good team as opposed to say a mid table predicted team. I intend to play some more with the tactic as I have quiet a few young players coming through.. Some regens who look to have great potential...

Just to add played Barca away in my last match before logging in here and we won 1-0 and Barca gave me no threats in attack the whole match. Was only sad was 1-0 win but Barca are a very good team. Also think in league I am unbeaten in 81 matches.. Which is incredible!

Just to add played Barca away in my last match before logging in here and we won 1-0 and Barca gave me no threats in attack the whole match. Was only sad was 1-0 win but Barca are a very good team. Also think in league I am unbeaten in 81 matches.. Which is incredible!

I hope you don't mind - YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!:)

When you get to shape some amazing regents into your liking it will probably be even better - if you ever feel like trying to tweak "The Connection" here's an idea for you that I haven't tried but I have positive thoughts about this:

Tempo=Max tempo slider 20
Time waste= none slider 0

Individual Passing sliders
2 Central Defenders 1st notch of mixed (Shorter passing) or alternatively slider 19(very direct)
2 anchormen 1st notch of mixed (shorter passing)
2 wingbacks slider 19 (very direct 1 notch from long should make you cross more)
CMR (Mixed slider 10)
AMCL 1st notch of mixed (shorter passing)
SCR 1st notch of mixed (shorter passing)
SCL mixed slider 10

Its an idea I'm playing with in my head, I'm interested to know if passes connect real good in the 3D match engine and if I'm right you should see beautiful play with this.

Dominating Barca is amazing so early into the game, they got great players. 1-0 is not much but away from home its gold in my opinion. I'm sure you can be unbeaten for many more matches its interesting to see how far you'll take it.

Keep me updated

Cheers pal!

Here is my 3rd​ season. Before I post up a screenshot.. I will say that after the tweak it looks good defensively(have it on 1 notch mixed) and does create a lot of clear cut and half chances.. Thing for me was the chances were not taken as well as the previous seasons… However, 1st​ season in cups I lost 3 matches and 2nd​ season lost 3 cup matches.. None mattering, as they were, away legs or CL group games. This season I lost only 1 game.. Liverpool away 2-0 in CL 1st​ round.. Wasn’t able to turn it around 2nd​ leg (won 2-1, so went out 3-2 agg) So for me is consistent in that I lost fewer games and yet scored fewer goals. Won all other comps, baring CL though. So was still a good season.

Have taken over with Arsenal, in December. Just too see if I can do anything with them with this tactic. They have a poor team in my opinion.. So will look at them, with the tweak notched to 19 for CD.

View attachment 338304

Doing very well in league still no defeats.

View attachment 338303

Here is my 3rd​ season. Before I post up a screenshot.. I will say that after the tweak it looks good defensively(have it on 1 notch mixed) and does create a lot of clear cut and half chances.. Thing for me was the chances were not taken as well as the previous seasons… However, 1st​ season in cups I lost 3 matches and 2nd​ season lost 3 cup matches.. None mattering, as they were, away legs or CL group games. This season I lost only 1 game.. Liverpool away 2-0 in CL 1st​ round.. Wasn’t able to turn it around 2nd​ leg (won 2-1, so went out 3-2 agg) So for me is consistent in that I lost fewer games and yet scored fewer goals. Won all other comps, baring CL though. So was still a good season.

Have taken over with Arsenal, in December. Just too see if I can do anything with them with this tactic. They have a poor team in my opinion.. So will look at them, with the tweak notched to 19 for CD.

View attachment 683612

Doing very well in league still no defeats.

View attachment 683615

Well its a pretty record for sure - dissapointing your team didn't beat liverpool, but I guess its still very decent. About Mixed 1st notch passing slider I like that setting especially for the more defensive players 2dc's and 2 anchormen, the rest I would have at the last mixed which is slider 13 just before direct passing, but whats more important to me is the tempo and the timewaste for me their can't be any question about what is the correct setting tempo 20 timewaste 0 - This is the setting I will always use when its not a possession style tactic.

I hope your arsenal team will do well - its the toughest league with the hardest teams to beat, but in general a very consistant league, so I wouldn't expect going through it without defeats. Goodluck and tell us how you go - very interested!

Cheers pal

Well as stated in my previous post I went with the tweak notch of 19 for CD. Also went with rest of tweak for other players. I knew I needed players in the Arsenal save, so bought a WBL, CD, ST and CM. Then to my surprise, got Will Hughes on loan all in January. Cup games we did terrible in and lost in C1 Cup 4-1 away and FA Cup 1-0 away, lost in EPL to Man City away 5-0. Also got beat 5-4 on agg in Euro Cup. Was not convinced with the tweak, looked in ME to be problematic defensively with a lot of so called mistakes! However in the league I lost only 1 game out of 21! So end of season this was what happened. Was surprised, as I felt Arsenal was a bad squad, but players bought worked well, but Hughes was vital to all the change in fortunes.

End of season table!

View attachment 338037

Well its a pretty record for sure - dissapointing your team didn't beat liverpool, but I guess its still very decent. About Mixed 1st notch passing slider I like that setting especially for the more defensive players 2dc's and 2 anchormen, the rest I would have at the last mixed which is slider 13 just before direct passing, but whats more important to me is the tempo and the timewaste for me their can't be any question about what is the correct setting tempo 20 timewaste 0 - This is the setting I will always use when its not a possession style tactic.

I hope your arsenal team will do well - its the toughest league with the hardest teams to beat, but in general a very consistant league, so I wouldn't expect going through it without defeats. Goodluck and tell us how you go - very interested!

Cheers pal

Should add on both saves have tweaked all to what you have posted here. Will alternate between saves.. So may not have any final season screenshots until the weekend... Hope earlier but depends on time I have spare.. Sun shines so like to be outside than in :)

I will tell you what I think the connection is...

Gk - FAVIER
Anchor - LUDO
Wb(a) - NISSIM
Cm(a) - WINGE
Am(s) - LE BIGOT
Dlf(a) - OBEM

All are players with full capital names in your screenie, full capital names don't happen by accident.
I'm sure If I edited a data base I could get any old tactic to have great success with all 20 stat players.

4.3 goals a game over 38 games??

Gk - FAVIER
Anchor - LUDO
Wb(a) - NISSIM
Cm(a) - WINGE
Am(s) - LE BIGOT
Dlf(a) - OBEM

All are players with full capital names in your screenie, full capital names don't happen by accident.
I'm sure If I edited a data base I could get any old tactic to have great success with all 20 stat players.

I DON'T CHEAT!

You mate! are making me laugh - All Names is Edited inside the game you can do this easily too - . All these players are regents much better than the usual players you are used to from the beginning of the game because I train them correctly!. and the reason why I shorten their names is to help myself remember this players is high in the potential - I don't understand why this matters to you. Edit inside the game - to get 20's you need to use individual schedules this is also common knowledge everyone knows this. For the results I don't cheat I never had - I don't enjoy games when you cheat - I don't edit players attributes I don't know how to and I don't wanna know - I don't replay matches - that is also why its so satisfying to post a picture of it. If you go back to the GOOAALL262 thread I made my save available for people to see my players at that time.

4.3 goals a game over 38 games - I reckon you don't believe this stat - honestly not my problem. I don't have to prove anything. I have told everyone here that you will need extremely good players not good players - this goes for GOOAALL262 - The Connection - The Champ4222 etc. If you wanna achieve results like this you got to have a great team with great team gel and high morale if you don't you are probably not following my training advice.

I think you are not reading the threads thoroughly enough - Gooaall262 plenty of hints and tips with anything you need to know.

If you have nothing important to contribute with please leave my threads this is bullying and will be reported as such if this continues. I do not cheat and I get extremely offended by these kind of accusations I'm an honest man who never lies.

NO Cheers :(

Last edited:
Jes, I wouldn't worry about what a one post wonder has to say.. People, such as myself have had a lot of enjoyment from the tactics you have created. So the people that matter are the one's that understand the tactic and not those who just post to try and in this case fail to be controversial or are just trying to make trouble. It failed... So just smile and rise above it by laughing at it!

Jes, I wouldn't worry about what a one post wonder has to say.. People, such as myself have had a lot of enjoyment from the tactics you have created. So the people that matter are the one's that understand the tactic and not those who just post to try and in this case fail to be controversial or are just trying to make trouble. It failed... So just smile and rise above it by laughing at it!

Ossis - thanks for the support it was really beautifully put and it meant a whole lot more than I can express.

When I create these tactics I don't have to share them, but I feel when I see something with potential (beautiful play - specific style etc.) it would be a pitty if I didn't share it - so I share it and it gives me pleasure that I can share the same joy that I had/have though its a tiny thing in life, it still means something in the now both to me and to you guys. What I mean is its just a game just like real soccer, but its the game we like enjoy and love (The game that give us love to life) so a tiny little thing like a good tactic/formation-setup becomes important. So ofcause I can't help but react a little when some troll shoots me down, but its only in the moment. Now this is forgotten and I will solely focus on FM13 to improve my tactics or do an attempt to make someones idea better - Sometimes it works many times it doesn't :)

Big thanks mate!

Should add on both saves have tweaked all to what you have posted here. Will alternate between saves.. So may not have any final season screenshots until the weekend... Hope earlier but depends on time I have spare.. Sun shines so like to be outside than in :)

Is it possible for you to upload the alternative tactics you've tried?
I honestly haven't tried myself it was just some ideas in my head - I'm currently working on Marcelo's 3-1-4-2 and I'm not yet happy with that so I will keep at it on that one. GOOAALL 262 is one I see with huge potential and will at one point try to improve that one as well.

Cheers pal

Gk - FAVIER
Anchor - LUDO
Wb(a) - NISSIM
Cm(a) - WINGE
Am(s) - LE BIGOT
Dlf(a) - OBEM

1. You can change names of your player in game to anything.
2. 4 goals/match is easily possible with the right tactics as long as you develop/build your team correctly. I've had success with Marcelo 4132 and AS 442, averaging around 4 goals/game over a 50+ games season.
3. As the game progresses, the AI doesn't build squad coherently. Half their good players are rotting in the reserve, few players play many games, some positions don't have adequate backup and so on. So the further you progress in the game the more likely your results will get even better.
4. try the tactic first before accusing a fellow poster. Also read what he has to say about how to maximize its effectiveness

Is it possible for you to upload the alternative tactics you've tried?
I honestly haven't tried myself it was just some ideas in my head - I'm currently working on Marcelo's 3-1-4-2 and I'm not yet happy with that so I will keep at it on that one. GOOAALL 262 is one I see with huge potential and will at one point try to improve that one as well.

Cheers pal

The tweaks I used are linked to further down. 1st one is with the mixed or slider 19 for WB. 2nd one is the one with slider 13 on all but defence minded players, eg Anchorman DM and CD.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...e-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-3.html#post2285641

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...e-away-13-3-3-jesaustralia-3.html#post2289046

1. You can change names of your player in game to anything.
2. 4 goals/match is easily possible with the right tactics as long as you develop/build your team correctly. I've had success with Marcelo 4132 and AS 442, averaging around 4 goals/game over a 50+ games season.
3. As the game progresses, the AI doesn't build squad coherently. Half their good players are rotting in the reserve, few players play many games, some positions don't have adequate backup and so on. So the further you progress in the game the more likely your results will get even better.
4. try the tactic first before accusing a fellow poster. Also read what he has to say about how to maximize its effectiveness

Thanks champ - if you go into a players profile - the more actions - Edit nickname.

Under information he will still have his normal name. I use it to organize myself + it doesn't matter their is no real life player anymore in my game. Its by the way just a name you don't become superman when you change your name - you have to train them :)

Thanks again Champ

Last edited: