I am trying to take porto to win the champions league, we have just finished our first season and came top of the Portuguese league (we only lost 1, drew 2).

We got to the europa final but unluckily lost to liverpool on penalties. Hulk was missing (ineligible) and I think the positives are that liverpool, even though they were in europa, won the premier league that season.

I would try and replace the goalkeeper - but with the relatively low transfer budget and the club stature it is hard to get one. I signed metaj delac from Chelsea. He is 18 and dubbed the next Petr Cech. He didnt join until the end of the first season, but by then he is the same ability as beto/helton but much more potential.

I would also recommend a backup fullback who can play either side.

---------- Post added 05/05/2011 at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was 04/05/2011 at 05:30 PM ----------

I got given 6m this year for players. Only really bought very young players (like very young, wont play for years) since I am not sure my squad is capable of winning the champions league, and good players that are old enough are too expensive.