Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

The Embarrassing Cup Final Thread.

Reaction score
I thought I would open this thread for Cup Final embarrassments. Here's mine (I wasn't managing either team)

Reaction score
I beat Inter 7-0 in the Champions League final with Man Utd, I'll get a screenshot later.

Reaction score
I beat AC Milan with Man Utd 6:3, and beat Atletico 4:0 too

Reaction score
I thought I would open this thread for Cup Final embarrassments. Here's mine (I wasn't managing either team)

The embarrassment there is conceding four goals to James Beattie ;)

Make that 5 lol

Reaction score
Just beat Bayern 9-0.

For some reason SI have made Bayern incredibly weak in this game. In all my safe they fail. In my current safe they haven't won the German Bundesliga for the six seasons that I played. Also they always finish 3rd in the CL group stage ( I managed to beat them with a considerably weaker team) , and they always fail to reach the semi-finals in the Uefa Cup.
Considering the fact that they have made one of the best players in the world (Muller) barely good enough for Championship, it is obvious that SI hate Germans :D
On the other hand, French teams tend to do pretty well on my saves.

Reaction score
not really a cup final

but in fm10, in the wc2010 group stages, group C was composed of scotland/gabon/mexico/brazil. scotland and gabon progressed. brazil lost 0-3 to gabon

and in the knockout stages, scotland and gabon made it to the semis....

Reaction score
not really a cup final

but in fm10, in the wc2010 group stages, group C was composed of scotland/gabon/mexico/brazil. scotland and gabon progressed. brazil lost 0-3 to gabon

and in the knockout stages, scotland and gabon made it to the semis....
That is seriously messed up! Gabon!

Reaction score
Not really a cup final, but...

Signed Berba on a free, guess they should have renewed contract with him, huh.

Reaction score
^^^ berbatov joins old club and comes back to haunt united

Reaction score
Ok, I got really embarassed... European super cup, my Tottenham vs Bayern and I was 3-0 down inside 10mins. I hadn't conceded a single goal prior to that game either! Made a few changes 2nd half and pulled it back to 3-3. In extra time after using all my subs, 2 of my players got injured and had to go off. With 9 men on the pitch, I lost 5-3... absolutely gutted!

Reaction score
I was playing Napoli in the EL Final (I'm Rangers) first season used all 3 of my subs up 0-0 10 minutes to go my winger tulasne get's injured so down to ten men. 94th minute of extra time when their ws only supposed to be 2 they scored :mad: