Great story hopefully you can move up the table in the second half of the season

View attachment 179576

View attachment 179573

View attachment 179571

A good win against a strong Wolves team who are going well in the Sky Bet Championship. We did the basics right and with our Premiership quality we put them to the sword very easily. Another eye-catching performance from young Josh Onomah which will grant him a few more starts in the Premier League.

Fa Cup Fourth Round draw

View attachment 179562

We will welcome whoever we finally get.

Two out at Lions

View attachment 179561 View attachment 179560

We get rid of Andrew Surman who was deadwood and couldn't fit into our team to relegation rivals Newcastle for £1.8m which is our gain as he couldn't get past the younger players in a place for the team. They also took Karl Darlow as I deemed him ineligible to play for us after representing Wales. A fee of 2m was picked up for him which we have already re-invested in a goalkeeper.

Profit: £3.8m

Faces arrive at Old Wembley

View attachment 179559
View attachment 179558

Young keeper from Crewe joins us as a replacement for Karl Darlow, this deal has been done for well over a month and will be understudy to Bettinelli.

View attachment 179557
View attachment 179556

We get young Nick Powell on loan to replace the outgoing Andrew Surman but I'm sure Nick Powell will provide much more quality and be a better option for us to use in games. I'm delighted United have let us take him on loan for the rest of the season.

View attachment 179555
View attachment 179554

A huge coup for us I feel. Takes a little pressure of John Flanagan and is a quality player who I'd love to make permanent providing we can afford him next year and he performs for us whilst on loan. A very very good calibre of player who I'm delighted to work with.

View attachment 179552
View attachment 179551

Our only other permanent signing in the transfer window so far, we needed another striker and Gary Hooper was available for a fair price so we thought it was good business. He is a finisher and an option to use as we are not employing two strikers.

Spend: £2.3m

View attachment 179550

As you can see with the picture, £2.3m spent and £3.8m received, we are still meeting objectives of bringing in more money than spending per transfer window.

Total profit: £1.5m

View attachment 1021230

View attachment 179540

View attachment 179539

Get in there! A great three points away from home and every point now is so vital! We was already in control of the game but we was struggling to break Swansea down. A stupid lunge from Andre Ayew earned him a red card and made the game that much easier for us as Nathan Redmond met a Kieran Trippier cross at the far post to win us the game.

View attachment 1021241

View attachment 179531

View attachment 179530

We are on a run now! The lads was brilliant and so was the crowd today at Old Wembley who spurred us on to victory. Liam Moore of Leicester got run ragged in the first half and both goals came from our left side from John Flanagan and Nathan Redmond. We got a little wary when Leicester scored one but we hit back through Ross who hasn't scored in a while.

View attachment 179527

After lengthy discussions with chairman Jeff Mostyn, we have put plans together to improve the Youth Facilities and the Training Facilities here at English Lions. We want to move forward as a club and develop the best English talent this country has to offer. After a surge in results Jeff explained to me that even through the tough times when we was lurking near the relegation zone, the board had faith in me and behind this incredible project which is going on. It's a great football club which is certainly heading in the right direction and we can create a legacy here.

View attachment 179513

View attachment 179512

Cracking story so far mate! Something a bit different and a tough challenge. I'll be keeping tabs on this for sure. First season is getting settled and maintaining, hopefully you can kick on from there! (H)

View attachment 179494

View attachment 179493

View attachment 179492

Today's game was all about one man. Gary Hooper, signed for 775k got the first hat-trick the club has ever seen. Not only that, he managed to add another aswell on a terrific individual performance today for us. He's hot on the heels of Callum Wilson for a place in the team and today wouldn't have done him any harm.

FA Cup Fifth Round draw

View attachment 179489

We have another opposition in the Championship in the form of Bristol City. I hope we can make it through to the quarter finals and who knows it could be another cup run which we may go a few steps further. There are some tasty draws in the shape of Arsenal v Man City and Chelsea v Man Utd/Palace, some big teams are going out of the competition in an early stage.

Deadline day signing

View attachment 179486

View attachment 179487

A very good acquisition for us on deadline day. Being frozen out at West Brom, I feel that Callum is someone we could utilize massively as we are lacking depth in the wing positions. Playing either side will help massively for us and for a fee of £575,000 it was rude to say no.

January

View attachment 179485

I can look back on the month and now say I'm not bothered in the slightest about the Capital One Cup exit. We have an UNBEATEN month in the league which seemed unlikely just a while ago but it's amazing what a month can do for confidence and performances. We have also progressed in the FA Cup which is brilliant.

View attachment 179484

What a month has done for us! We are now closer to the top half of the table than we are the relegation places. We still keep our wits about us as we know we can fall back into that trap and be back in a fight for our status as a Premier League team. There's still a long way to go.

Player of the Month

View attachment 179482

Come into form of his own this month, crucial goals, crucial assists, crucial performances.
Nathan is still developing as a player which is pleasing for us and I expect him to have an England call-up before long.

February

View attachment 179480

Two wins is a minimum I expect next month! Bottom of the table Stoke are in prime position to pile more misery on them, Palace have had a slump of form recently and Newcastle are still in the relegation area.. We must go and dominate these games. Man Utd away I will ask for a competitive performance as I always do against the top four. Bristol City will be a tough test in the FA Cup but we are expected to overcome it.

View attachment 179401

View attachment 179400

View attachment 179399

A replay, had some players having some minutes today but now with the competition getting towards the end I'm going to take it seriously where the league performances have been surging and we want to hit that magical 40 point mark. But back to the game and we will have to go to Bristol City and win the tie.

FA Cup Sixth Round draw

View attachment 179398

If we get through the Bristol game then it's a winnable tie against Southampton and we are wanting a victory here. The lads have been performing above expectations recently but if we can climb this hurdle it will be massive.

View attachment 1021410

View attachment 179394

View attachment 179393

A point earned or two points lost? Two lost in my opinion, all due to a stupid, reckless challenge by Sam Byram when we was 3-1 up. We withdrew Charlie Austin to accomodate for this and Newcastle made the extra man pay heavily and punished us. I had a chat with Sam after the game about his recklessness and how it had cost us.

February

View attachment 179392

Set a target of six points last month and we got 7 which I'm happy with although we could have easily had 10 points but they are gone now and we move on. We have found our scoring boots again, which is a good job as this year we have struggled defensively so we have to figure out a solution for this.

View attachment 179390

The table doesn't lie, we have worked our socks off to get up there in the table in the past two months. The performances have picked up and so has the confidence. We have more options now to choose from and can rotate the team accordingly.

Player of the Month

View attachment 179385

Since coming from Norwich he has 9 goals in 7 games. He's fitted straight into the system we play and shows why he's a deadly finisher with a good reputation. I was hoping he would just contribute when he signed but he's merited himself a starting slot in the starting XI.

March

View attachment 179384

Not an easy month, we will have to work hard for our points and we play league leaders Tottenham away from home. I'd be delighted to take 5 points in the league next month with a win coming against other rivals Aston Villa and possibly pick up a point or two against the other teams.