If U got the idea that I used money to sign him on the story, please read again. :)
I said wage not transfer, i have nothing against him but swans dont have much money and u should be looking to bye a goal scorer and a long time replacement for caulker if u cant bye him.

U dont need to be a fan to make a FM Story about them ;)

But still, Theyve been doing good in the Prem league this season and I like the passing game they encourage :D

ah glad youre enjoying us :)

what kind of formation are you using in this tactic? does your january start come with any new players?

ah glad youre enjoying us :)

what kind of formation are you using in this tactic? does your january start come with any new players?

No new transfers came in during the first half of the season and its a 4-2-3-1, I will include it in the next chapters...

What budgets do u have left? Great story so far and thanks for the swans complement. Sorry i got a bit curt with u about vorm but i love gk like him.

What budgets do u have left? Great story so far and thanks for the swans complement. Sorry i got a bit curt with u about vorm but i love gk like him.

Np lol :)

And my budget, I got a 6 Million transfer kitty

Chapter III

March 4th, Molineux, Wolverhampton, 2.57 PM..

Me: Rangel offer support for Britton!

Alan: Doesnt help anymore boss, its only 3 minutes left.

Me: For ***** sake!

Then referee blew the whistle. 2 - 0 loss to Wolves, those were important points. We're still 16th in the league, but wont be for long if we keep losing games to teams like Wolves. Still, boys tried their best and it wasnt enough. I shook hands with Mick and made my way to the buss...

During the trip to home I discussed tactics with Alan and he suggested we should try a 4-3-3 formation. I disagreed as I felt the current 4-2-3-1 offers more passing lanes and channels for our players to move into. But I and Alan agreed at least to a one thing; Our problem was that the ball gets stuck in our own half, especially when playing against 4-4-2 systems, which also West Brom used according to Alan. We shared ideas during the trip and when we got back to Liberty Stadium, I rushed into my office and hanged the formation suggestions on the chalkboard..

March 10th, Apartment, 12.30 AM

I was just about to leave for Liberty Stadium when I heard my phone rang. I answered and it was my father. We talked a little about everything, since I dont have the time to see my parents as they live near Manchester.
After having a lengthy discussion, I left my apartment and locked the door. Down the stairs, into my car and drove through the lively city of Swansea. I arrived at the Stadium and saw people lining up for their tickets for today's game against Wigan Athletic. I walked to my office where I saw Alan waiting for me.

Alan:
Hey! Have you thought about my suggestions?

Me: Yes I have and we can try it in the future. From one thing to another, How are the lads?

Alan: Fine they are, waiting to play. Joe Allen told me he wants to play this game. What you think?

Me: No, we cant risk him in a game like this, he's an important part of our game, he has been dictating our game greatly and the next game is more important than this one.

Alan: I couldnt agree more with you, though that FA Cup 6th Round match against Chelsea will be a tough one. We need to take our chances and try to prevent their chances.

Me: Yeah and that comes if we have possession of the ball, football is a simple passing game.

Alan: Youre right. I'll go and prepare the lads for the game. Hand over the line-ups and ill brief them?

I took the line-ups from my desk and gave it to Alan. He leaved the office and I sat down on my chair...

Liberty Stadium, Swansea - Wigan, at 86 minutes..

Me:
Run Rangel..... Now Lita.. YESSS!!!!!

I stood up and celebrated our 3rd goal of the game. Scoreboard indicates 3 - 2 for Swansea, it was a huge relief. Couple minutes anymore and 3 points goes to us!

Final whistle...

A relief. We had won. Great game from the boys as we controlled the events once more. Once the obvious formalities were over, I head back to home with a win in my back....

More to follow...

Last edited:
Chapter IV

March 17th, Liberty Stadium, Dressing room at 2.50 PM..

Me: Alright boys! You know the drill, you know what to do. This game will be very tough, but play simple and safe. Shift the ball, dont try anything too fancy. We need only one goal, if we dont concede. Play extremely safe, dont underestimate Chelsea. Play through Joe, get the ball onto him. Sinclair and Routledge, stretch the play and offer through ball chances! Same applies to you Leroy. Garry?

Garry Monk, Captain of Swansea City; Okay ladies, Lets do this. WHO WANTS TO WIN!?

Swansea: SWANSEA CITY!

Me: Then lets ****** go out there!

I felt the boys we're really up for this. We had been training heavily the last days and we could win this, if everything goes as planned. I was surprised by Andre's decision to play Mata - Lukaku - Kalou attacking trio, but they all are very fast and slippery. We had to be extra cautious with them and I had instructed our defenders to mark them tightly...

I walked out of the tunnel, shook hands with Andre and sat down to my chair. This is it, 6th Round of FA Cup, if we're through to Semi Finals we have a great chance to win it all...

And then it started. Boys played very strict and safe football from the very first minutes. After 30 minutes, statistics showed 75% Possession to us, everything looked to go well until.....

Spectator:
Lukaku in the box with a ball, passes to David Luiz outside of the box on right flank. David Luiz finds Ramires in the middle. He holds the ball and passes back to David Luiz near the 16 yard box line in the middle. David Luiz runs with the ball, gets inside the box, dribbles past his defender and shoots GOAAAL!! A superb performance from the Portuguese Attacker who is stuck in defender's body....

Me: For ***** sake! How they let him through!?

But the game wasnt over, half time approached and Chelsea led 1 - 0, but we had Possession of 70%. We had been doing well, but now we had to be a bit more attacking and I instructed the boys to be more attacking with their passing. And then the second half started....

Spectator:
This is a great spell of dominance by the under-dogs Swansea City. Statistics show 73% Possession for them and clock shows 50 minutes, which is incredible against a team like Chelsea. Swansea City's passing has been great as they try to find the opening from the holeless defense of Chelsea, they seem to defend very tightly. Now its odde with a ball in the centre, he passes it back to Vorm, who decides to kick the ball away. The ball doesnt fly far tho as Ivanovic takes the ball in the middle of the pitch and puts Romelu Lukaku through on one on one with Vorm. Lukaku doesnt hesitate, he places the ball into the right hand corner of the net and Swansea City is sinking without a trace. Now what is this? Bob Rockwall is totally furious on the sidelines...

Me: ******* bullshit! Why the **** Michel kicked that ball, there wasnt any opposition players even near!

I knew this game was already over, though I tried my best to instruct the boys on the field. Chelsea was the stronger side and there is nothing to be ashamed of if we lose this game.. There was still 40 minutes to go, but I feel this was the end of our FA Cup journey...

Final whistle, Swansea City 0 - 2 Chelsea..

The final whistle and the Chelsea boys celebrated. They didnt deserve to win and as I went to congratulate Andre for the win, he told me we were the better team today even though we lost. Our Possession in the end was 71%, but we had only 5 shots, but so did Chelsea have. We could have done better, but this was not our destiny. When I went back to the dressing room, I took a look at the statistics which my coaches had done; It showed Joe Allen made 84 passes out of 90 tried. That was pretty good and I let him know that he did well.
After telling the whole group what I thought of the game, the positives and negatives, I left the dressing room and went to answer the media's questions in the press conference room.

More to follow....

Last edited:
Chapter V

March 19th, Home..

I've spent the last 2 days sleeping at home, suffering from my heavy drinking couple days back. I cant remember anything, but I got a phone call yesterday from Danny Graham, who stated that he had dropped me to my apartment as I had passed out. I also noticed the next game will be tomorrow against Liverpool....

March 20th, Anfield, Liverpool....

Spectator:
This has been a great spell of dominance by the home side as Swansea City hasnt been able to salvage anything from this match, having square zero shots on target. Still 5 minutes to go and the scoreline indicates 2 - 0 lead for Liverpool.....

March 24th, Sporting news broadcast...

News reporter:
And now to the latest football news. This round's greatest thriller was played at Liberty Stadium, where Swansea City hosted Tottenham Hotspur in a match that included this seasons record of goals scored in one game. 9 goals in total were seen as Hat-trick hero Jermain Defoe lead Tottenham to a 3 - 6 win.....

April 1st, newspaper

Chelsea lose a point to underdogs Swansea City

Swansea City packed their bags as the happier side as Chelsea only manages to draw a 1 - 1 result with them. Goals were seen in the first 11 minutes as Nathan Dyer scored the visitors goal at 4 minutes and
7 minutes later Salomon Kalou leveled it up. Game was surprisingly tough contest throughout the 90 minutes and Chelsea fans will be wondering what went wrong as Swansea City snatches an important point in their quest for staying in the Premier League.....

(More to follow, sorry for the ''lame update'' but I wanted to catch up a bit with my save, please post comments regarding the story, do you like it etc, warms my heart always and I wanna know how many follows ;) )

Last edited:
Its a good stor( i told u that u need a goal scorer)

Chapter VI

May 1st, Liberty Stadium, Coach's office, monthly staff meeting at 1.00 PM

Me: Sit down everyone.

Me: Lets start with our performance in April. You're free to say what comes up to your mind.

I hanged the list of our last month's games on the chalkboard and gave a copy of it to everyone in the room.

Fred Davies:
I personally think that our performance was pretty good, especially against Aston Villa. I still remember the great 35 yard curling shots Sigurösson made and he got an hattrick! Gylfi has been an asset to us this season, no-one can deny that. Now that I meantioned him, I strongly advise to retain his services. He's working rate has been immense and he gets along with the lads very well.

Every other staff member agreed with Fred and I did also.

Me:
Once the season ends, I will have a chat with Hoffenheim regarding a purchase. We still have 2 games to go, remember that. Now does someone want to add something?

Lee Morgan: Yes well, we did pretty good, hammered Newcastle 5 - 1 and Fulham 3 - 0. Stoke game was more difficult, but we overcame it. And if my memory serves me properly, Leroy Lita also made a hattrick during that Newcastle game.

Me: Yeah thats right.

Lee Morgan: But nevertheless, We played our game really and we managed to have more possession than the opponent during April. Even Manchester City had problems against us, but they got more talent than we do and thats why we lost. Vorm has also been in very good form.

Me: Yeah well, All I want to say is that we did very good last month and as we sit 16th, we're so far save. Ive made some calculations and since there is 2 games left anymore, we have already retained our Premier League spot. The teams who will get relegated are Newcastle and Blackburn, those are certain. The last spot will be for either QPR or Norwich. Regarding Vorm, I received an email from Manchester City CEO, Brian Marwood, in which they declared their interest towards him. Im thinking to sell him if we can get good money out of him. We got Timo, who has more experience than Vorm and he is as good as him, so that aint stopping us from selling him.

Everybody in the room agreed with me regarding Vorm. After we had discussed about the games, we talked a little about everyone's work rate, who has improved etc. Joe Allen's name came often up as he has improved a lot. He's still young player and I feel he will be instrumental to our next season, especially if we cant retain Gylfi's services. Clock showed 2.37 PM when the meeting came to an end. After everyone had left, I changed my training clothes and went to keep a training session...

More to follow...

Last edited:
If you sell Vorm you should try and get a young keeper like Smithies

If you sell Vorm you should try and get a young keeper like Smithies

Haha Smithies... In a couple updates, You shall know of Smithies in some kind of form, thats a promise :) Wont give any further details.. It remains to be seen.

Chapter VII

May 6th, Liberty Stadium, Swansea - Bolton....

Spectator: Swansea City continue their usual style of domination, having possession and moving the ball around, but still we havent seen a goal and clock shows 27 minutes. Now Vorm with the ball, kicks it out long, reaches Sinclair on the left flank. Sinclair one on one with Steinsson on the left flank. Joe Allen offers passing lane between two Bolton players and Sinclair finds him. Joe Allen drops deeper with the ball, draws a Bolton defender with him. Danny Graham looks to latch onto the space and Joe Allen with a delightful curling pass releases Danny Graham through. Bogdan Lobont closes Graham down in the box.... Graham chips the ball over Lobont and it is a GOOOOAAAAL. Wonderful vision from Joe Allen as Graham nets it 1 - 0 for the home side....

Final whistle....

Spectator: And so Howard Webb signals the end of the match by blewing the final whistle. Swansea City gets the 3 points today. A wonderful chip from Danny Graham is the only goal seen today. Owen Coyle and Bob Rockwall shake hands at the touchline and the teams make their way back to their dressing rooms. Thank you all for watching, this is Jack Hammer saying good bye.

May 13th, Goodison Park, Liverpool...

The last game of the season and my last game as the manager. The board hasnt informed me yet what they will do, but I assume they have found a proper replacement for Brendan as I was only a temporary choice, a Caretaker manager. I wish I could continue, but I can't do nothing about it if I wont be given the green light. Nevertheless, we had the last game ahead of us against Everton, which is always a tough team. They have loads of talent and I sensed this will be a tough game. Alan informed me that the board will be watching this game today. I only hope that the boys will play a good game and then we can all go toa well-deserved holiday....

Later....

Spectator:
It has been a tight game so far, with Everton having more of the possession, which is not how Swansea City would like it. They have had difficulties controlling the ball as Everton has defended high-up the pitch and especially the Swans's playmaker, Joe Allen, is being man-marked hilariously. Jack Rodwell has been following him the whole game as the replays have indicated. Bob Rockwall shouts instructions from the touchline as clock shows 50 minutes....

10 minutes later...

Spectator: Corner for Everton. Landon Donovan gives it high, but Swansea defender Ashley Williams gets to it and clears the ball from danger. Phil Neville catches the ball on the left flank, Sinclair coming close to him and what is this, Sinclair steals the ball easily from Neville, who fells on the ground as well! Sinclair through to goal with one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Baines tries to catch up, but Sinclair is too fast for him. Howard closes Sinclair down to the 16 yard box line. Howard tries to swoop the ball away, but Sinclair moves the ball to his right, going past Howard and its a goal!!! Sinclair rushes to celebrate in front of Swansea fans as Leighton Baines and Phil Neville hold their heads. A disaster for Everton and especially Phil Neville. David Moyes shows to be totally furious with him....

Final whistle....

And thats it, a 1 - 0 victory for us. We didnt play very well, but it doesnt show on the scoreboard. The result matters only. We also finished the season with 45 points, being 15th in the league table. Not a bad result. Now we have earned our small holiday. Once the team had made their way back to dressing room, I kept a short speech regarding the whole season and thanked them all. After that I went outside and surprisingly Huw Jenkins was there waiting for me.....

Huw Jenkins:
Hey Bob. Congratulations on the win.

Me: Yeah well, the boys did their best out there, but it wasnt our best performance, but its good to end season to a win.

Huw Jenkins: Yes, totally agree with you. Now tell me Bob, how would you feel if you'd coach Swansea City the next 3 years?

I was shocked of joy, I hadn't expected this.

Me: You mean as a full-time manager?

Huw Jenkins: Yes.

Me: Of course I would like to, yes! I love this club with all my heart and I really want to continue from this.

Huw Jenkins: Its agreed then. I will complete all the details within the next 2 weeks. Just show up to my office to write the contract and thats it then. I will let you know when I have everything set.

Me: Alrite, thanks a lot for placing your faith on me. I wont let you down.

Huw Jenkins: We know. The Board is pleased you decided to continue with us and Im sure the lads are as well. Now excuse me, I have more pressing matters to attend to.

Huw left with his car and I returned to our bus. When all were inside and we had left Goodison Park, I told the lads of the board's decision. They were happy too and I was the happiest of them...

Last edited:
Well done on getting an extension, although u were abviously going to get it with ur performances

Chapter VIII

Back to business....

A holiday well spent. Its June 30th and I arrived home couple days ago. I spent 2 weeks at Valencia, Spain. During that time I visited the famous Mestalla stadium and even managed to get hold of Quique Flores. We talked a lot about football and most importantly, the summer transfer window. I also got a word from Alan, who I left charge with Pre-season training, that English media was linking Emile Heskey with us. Thats false, of course, I have no intention of bringing Emile to Liberty stadium. Alan also told me there was loads of scout reports on my desk; I just cant wait to get my hands on those, we need reinforcements if we are to stay in Premier League this season....

July 1st, Liberty Stadium....
Down the familiar corridors. I reached my office. I opened the door and saw a pile of papers on my desk as I was told. I threw my jacket on one of the office chairs and started to read the scout reports....

Later...

After an hour of reading the reports, they finally ran out of my desk. Interesting read, but these were invaluable. I was surprised how many excellent players were out there currently as free agents, the likes of Jose Bosingwa, Dider Drogba, Christian Poulsen and the list goes on. Also many of the relegated teams were transfer listing their best players, especially Newcastle. Among the reports there were also surprisingly 3 enquirys of the services of Michel Vorm.....

More to follow..

Last edited: