Status
Not open for further replies.
me neither mate, I've never seen that screen I posted up the page before.

Only other thing I could suggest is maybe try re-installing the Steam client, and see if that helps in anyway.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

It's because they can't check if the activation code has been used. They won't replace it, because people would just go in and say it wasn't working and get a new one all the time. You will have to contact SI or Steam.

Ah I see. That explains it then. Saved a return trip to Game then. But this one has got me baffled tbh. Never come across this one before

Thanks guys but have done it now, decided to just download it on different laptop lol

Do I Have to use Steam to play FM 2012?

NO.
As mentioned what must be literally hundreds of times, it is a ONE TIME ACTIVATION ONLY. Once that is done, you never have to use it again if you don't want to.
This is not a fact. I bought the disc, and everytime I want to run the game I have to do so via steam. If I create a shortcut on my start menu it doesn't even work.

It's not so much of a problem as I can run steam in offline mode, but i'd rather not use it at all. That's why I bought a disk copy after all.

Steam has autoatically downloaded an update rendering FMTRE compatability invalid. is it possible to roll-back a version (to 12.2) ??

Steam has autoatically downloaded an update rendering FMTRE compatability invalid. is it possible to roll-back a version (to 12.2) ??

No not at the moment. you'd have to reinstall, its a feature i'd like so see.

As an aside. Because of Steam, the game still hasnt been cracked, 6 days after release. last year it was cracked 3 days after the demo. So yeah its more than done its job against zero day piracy

You can choose which version to play when you start a new game.

Just select the patch you want on start up eg.12.1 or whatever? That what you mean?

no i've started a game on 12.3 but the fmrte editor isnt compatible with the new game, no worries i'll just wait for the fmrte update.

Steam installed the latest SI update today from FM 12.02 to 12.03 so if your playing in ofline mode switch to online mode. This is not a patch just an update so it wont affect your saved game.

Status
Not open for further replies.