Hi Pav.

thank you for the great tactic. it's going good with my arsenal squad without transfers.

can you give some tips on how to make it a bit defensive?

thanks again

Hey,

Having some success with this tactic, dominate matches but the my players seem to have trouble scoring. Also the BWM in the middle is having awful ratings whoever I pick. He seem a little lost even though he is a natural BWM. Is this just me?

ThePav updated The Fiend with a new update entry:

The Fiend v2

After the patch the tactic needed tweaking to work even better as the patch killed it defensively. Have spent a lot of time tweaking it and adjusting set pieces, defensive line but most importantly the way the attack works. I've moved the striker into the SLC channel. This gives room for the ATT MID to get along side the striker to create and score. However this allows the striker to play on the shoulder of the defender, where they really struggle to pick him up. I'm so happy with how this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just plugged this in for a match in the year 2031. I was expecting good things @ThePav

1575662671971.png

I was not dissapointed.

I just plugged this in for a match in the year 2031. I was expecting good things @ThePav

View attachment 1909

I was not dissapointed.

Jesus. I was playing earlier thinking this is amazing but you never know how it will go with other teams. The striker on the shoulder feels like the AI can't cope with it, I'm smashing teams and media predicted 16th in Bundesliga, my sides ****. Thanks for the review too mate, appreciated.

10 games 8 losses from being 1st in the league. Constantly hit by the direct ball on the counter to a striker who ghosts between my centre backs (who quite often chose to run up and mark a centre mid instead as the long ball is hit). Not for me I'm afraid.

Not for me too, Second in Ligue 1 with Saint Etienne, test it for last two matches, two bad loss

Not tried this tactic so can't speak for it specifically but in general you can't just plug in a new tactic in the middle of a season and expect great results.

working wonders for me, took over when the club was in 14 place with 15 matches to go. Finished 5th. 14 wins 1 draw.

Not tried this tactic so can't speak for it specifically but in general you can't just plug in a new tactic in the middle of a season and expect great results.

I realise. In theory I like the ideas so I may try it again from next season and build a team for it.

So @ThePav thanks to Daz posting a glitched tactic that had a libero as a left-centre back. I decided to make the Fiend Libero edition!

Absolute no idea how it will do or what will happen with it but thought it would be amusing :D

I'd while I'd usually recommend people to post a seperate thread to state "tweak of abc" all I did was that ensure that role was in place so went with posting it here for you (since I don't believe you're on discord either).

1575929557559.png

Attachments

• Libero Fiend.fmf
    44.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
This tactic works for me... tested 1season with GENOA finished 4 position!!!

ThePav updated The Fiend with a new update entry:

The Fiend v3

View attachment 9513

Just gone back to the original shape. Gives it a bit more solid feel. Left Winger actually seems to core more and also can help prevent counter attacks better being further back. Feel like v2 was a bit too open. Which is why the CB roles have also changed as well as the full backs.

Have not lost in over a season in my test on my save ... But could be the level i'm playing at tbh. Anyways have a go and see how you get on!

[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tried your new one with 2 different teams. Both concede 10+ shots on target per game. Players can play the role, other than the DM in both.

Update to this, it was after the patch which you said killed it. I should learn to read you know...

Last edited:
This tactic is going crazy for my Honka side in the new public beta!!! 6 consecutive wins all with 5+ goals I've never scored so much pre-beta .. anyone having the same results?

This tactic is going crazy for my Honka side in the new public beta!!! 6 consecutive wins all with 5+ goals I've never scored so much pre-beta .. anyone having the same results?
Keep an eye on it!!!

Playing FM Touch on 20.2.3 still but awesome stuff!

Got the occasional random battering away from home from some big teams though....

Attachments

• 20200123211739_1.jpg
    20200123211739_1.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 574
  • 20200123212413_1.jpg
    20200123212413_1.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 677
  • 20200123212427_1.jpg
    20200123212427_1.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 709
  • 20200123212441_1.jpg
    20200123212441_1.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 658
Getting lots of shots on target with this tactic but not many goals; lost a few matches 1-0 to it. Is that just because my wingers and striker don't have high enough finishing? I am managing mid-table team.